Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I apologised for that 2 or 3 times, I realised it was a dumb comment and admitted as such, not many people publicly hold their hands up and agree they were stupid in these forums, even when I do people still use that against me, in fact im readily amenable to being put in my place drake and co have done regularly, what really bores me is people like you who feel the need to tell me publicly that you dislike my posting habbits...its simple there is an ignore function and there is a report function use it.
    You could have addressed the whole post instead of being offended by one thing i said as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    You could have addressed the whole post instead of being offended by one thing i said as an example.
    Then most of what you said is true although I dont know why you assume people wouldnt bash a game they readily invested time and money in, but anyway yes negative criticism leads to heavily opinionated discsussion as does repeated references to other mmos, sensationalist hyperbole, constant OTT positivity etc etc, its easy to highlight people who come in with negative criticism as the fault for a communities or threads degradation it takes the blame away from people who see no fault or who see faults but are happy with them and will crow on about everything else while simultaneously linking in other mmos that dont do it so well in their own opinion. If you read 'our' thread for negative criticism people who loved the game couldnt help themselves, piled in with constant no no no, its the same psychology in reverse for those who dislike the game.
    Do I enjoy being negative, na id rahter love the game like I wanted when I forked out for it, but to be told your negative dont discuss just gets boooring. Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRL9X1bkE1w something positive i did for gw2 community over 3000 views and only 1 dislike...and i dont know why i got that :P
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-09-16 at 08:41 AM.

I love how this got derailed to WoW Vs GW2 thread....

Also

Quote Originally Posted by cristti View Post
    To everyone comparing it to WoW:
    Cataclysm sold 3.3 MILLION units in 24 hours.
    This

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saif001 View Post
    I love how this got derailed to WoW Vs GW2 thread....

Also

This
    When you mention subs/players in a conversation it WILL become about wow shame really, as I said in my initial post in here 2mil is a good number and should be classed as a big success.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    When you mention subs/players in a conversation it WILL become about wow shame really, as I said in my initial post in here 2mil is a good number and should be classed as a big success.
    I'd be honest, for a game with no sub fees. that doesnt look good

Deleted
    Why doesn't it look good? In what world do you live in where 2 millions sales after this amount of time isn't good?

Also your quote of Cataclysm sales fails terribly. A game with 10 millions subs? 3.3 million including preorders in 24 hours. How you think that compares to a totally new game baffles me. This game has the biggest following of any game that's relevant. Of course it will get those numbers.

To be honest 2 mills sounds a bit low. But if you put it into perspective .... those sales are for the most part without asia, region where WoW for example gets half of its playerbase. Korean and chinese players are notorious for being incapable of playing non translated games. 2 mill is also number similar to how much copies SWTOR sold in the first few months with much stronger IP and well known developer. On top of that it seems that ANET didn't even expect that many sales. Not to mention while other developers are downsizing after launch, ANET is hiring new ppl.

So overall I think it's a promising start. Really really looking forward to what ANET does with the game in the future. Keep in mind that GW2 with a bit more fresh approach has much more room for growth than the old school MMOs do.

I would compare GW2 to D3 more than the standard p2p MMOs. In D3 you beat the game on inferno and uninstall, GW2 you beat the game and keep it around for pvp as well as updates ANET can deliver.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    yes and that's a game who have/had 10mil palyers ish? you had to buy it to be able to play further.. you are so stupid

And then people played it and realised it was a load of garbage and left again, true story.
    I got lots of realm firsts and tried cata and got bored and stopped playing and only came back when Blizz gave me 7days free because that's how long the content lasted, one day at the most.
    Even at the end of the expansion it lasted that long. Hell the only challenging thing in Cata was the rare hunter pets that spawned in hyjal, shlozar basin, stormpeaks and that place east of wetlands.
    Last edited by Wælcyrie; 2012-09-16 at 11:44 AM.

It's still a $60 box price and it's been out for a little over3 weeks now. Seriously how many pay-for-box-price games sell over 2 mil copies in 2 weeks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    To be honest 2 mills sounds a bit low. But if you put it into perspective .... those sales are for the most part without asia, region where WoW for example gets half of its playerbase. Korean and chinese players are notorious for being incapable of playing non translated games. 2 mill is also number similar to how much copies SWTOR sold in the first few months with much stronger IP and well known developer. On top of that it seems that ANET didn't even expect that many sales. Not to mention while other developers are downsizing after launch, ANET is hiring new ppl.
    Good points and perspective on what 2m sales is for this game.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.