Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Don't have time to take the test right now, but did a test at school yesterday(in danish) and got 300 WPM with 100% correct answers to the questions afterwards. Gonna take the test later and post again.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    281 100%. Never read a book for leisure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently 850wpm with 91% comprehension. But I know I can read much faster than that with around the same accuracy.

According to my parents I started reading at around the age of 3-4. Surprised both my parents and my teachers since I never went to pre-school and my parents didn't know any better. By the time I was in year 4 (9 years old for non-UK people) I had the reading ability of an adult. I freaking love reading. If I could, I would spend all day reading books.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

967wpm, 91% comprehension. Yeah, I read a lot.

[edit] That's while eating lunch, too.
    Last edited by Aliessil; 2012-09-14 at 12:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    367 wpm and only 76% comprehension.
    Meh, between average and good reader. Almost at "good" lvl. I don't enjoy reading, and I never read books, so not surprising. My reading consists of online newspapers, forums and other crap.

Would be better in Norwegian, but i'm not one to worry about this. Being a little above average is fine with me.

280 wpm with 100% comprehension I'm intentionally a slowish reader though as I had always thought it was better to understand than to quickly run through it

Deleted
    540WPM, + 60% comprehension,
    Could be better comprehension if I slowed down a little. Helps that I read several books a month and at least 2 newspapers a day as well as forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 382WPM and 100% comprehension. I guess my mum was right, I am slow (Compared to my parents who can both pull 450+ with 100%).

366 WPM, 100% comprehension. I'm mostly glad that I got the 100% comprehension, not too bothered about a high reading speed. Quality over quantity!

Deleted
    469 with 91% comprehension. I'm sort of an on/off reader, sometimes I'll start reading 2 books a day for a couple of weeks and then not read any books for months

10+ Year Old Account
    I got 366wpm and 91% comprehension! Above average at least.

I don't think I could ever pull off 700wpm with a high comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even gonna try it, probably gonna be low. xD I'm anything but a reader, as the most I read is on these forums or mangas. Maybe the occasional news article.

457 wpm with 91% comprehension. Would prob be lower with a book, or kindle in my case. I don't read that much and have a habit of having to re-read pages cause I don't take anything in but I read heaps at my pc.

Took the test. 348 WPM and 91% comprehension. I can live with that, especially considering its my 3rd language :P
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently 1088 wpm. That seems excessively high, though I do tend to consume books considerably faster than anyone I know (to the point where I stopped buying hardcovers and switched to Kindle to store them all)...so maybe it's true.

Not a reliable test, though, since you click the buttons yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    218, 85% comprehension...., i have 85% comprehension cause i'm bad with numbers XD (i forget really fast the details that are shown in numbers), if you don't have any number in a text i have 100% comprehension :P

I did the test again and got 660 with 82% comprehension. It's probably a bit skewed now though since I'm doing it the second time and I somewhat know what the content is. Still, I'm glad I improved.

I was repeating the ABCs in my head to stop myself from auditory reading.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    You read at 442 words per minute.

I'm useless at reading large blocks of text, not only that, I can never remember what i just read in such a large amount of text, one of the reason's why i don't read books

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I scored 413 wpm.
    I scored 414!
    and 91% comprehension

i read a lot though.

935wpm, 85% comp. I read too may textbooks.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4