Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Resto Shaman Race in MoP???

Hello,

I am going into mop healing with a Resto Druid and a Monk in a 10 man guild. I am currently a Goblin for the 5% haste but have been doing some soul searching.

MoP stat priority from experience on beta and what I have been reading is a little something like this.

Int > Spirit > Haste to Break Point > Mastery / Crit > More Haste. ( with a handful of threads and talks about crit being our new go to stat for resurgence )

Ok, so the initial haste break point seems fairly easy to hit without the 5% haste from goblin. Which would make the Orc racial much more appealing as Resto especially since we have been having issues with output/thruput. Now before you say well if you have the 5% from goblin you can reforge those other stats out of haste into crit/mastery/etc thats not the case because even at our current set of gear i cant reforge all of my haste off im stuck with 200-300 more haste than i need.

Don't forget I'm healing with a Resto druid and a Monk so I will be tank/single target healing more than spamming RT on 10 people.

I'm curious to see what some of you think about this.
    - Lostep -

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The goblin racial is 1% haste.
    Are you looking at the current gear at level 85, or MoP gear at level 90?

I ment 1% not sure why I said 5. A good reason why I should be working and not tabbing over to a forum . Ya know I thought of panda but I can't get over the way they walk I may have to suck it up
    - Lostep -

flopping around and flailing their arms is what drives me nuts but i mean doubling my spirit food buff seems very nice. I guess i could go Fem Panda and be a super qt.

kaikoraimi - Both 85 current and at 90 From the looks of it all the pre-raid gear is loaded with crit
    - Lostep -

Deleted
    Panda racial comes down to 300spirit which is 167mp5, Goblin racial is 425haste. I think its gonna be hard to go below 1194haste wich is the haste needed for 2 extra healing stream ticks
    Last edited by mmoc5948b2a6ea; 2012-09-13 at 05:05 PM.

As it stands now with our crap regen i think i may have to flop around as a fat bear for the first tier
    - Lostep -

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to epicurean I think it will he panda for every class they can take. That racial is simple amazing.

I think panda is the best for any class, double the food buff is the only racial in game that gives a passive + main stat boost

I still think troll will be the most usefull. It guarantees a extra HR+HTT tick at any haste point

Goblin is just not as good anymore since it will be very hard to reforge down to the haste softcap as a goblin. The best race will most likely be Panda because of the food buff giving 300 Spirit (or Int), with Trolls coming not far behind and still being most likely stronger in terms of throughput with their haste CD. After that, orcs and goblin are about equal and tauren bring up the back (like always).

For Alliance, Panda will be the best no matter what. Dranei 1% Hit is no longer needed at all as resto and their hot is mediocre at best. Dwarves 10% damage reduction CD is not worth is when compared to 300 Spirit/Int.
    \

Panda is the best for both factions for at least the first two tiers of the expansion. Later on when you have an excess of spirit and you might want to push towards the higher haste thresholds, Goblin is viable.

Goblins, Our totems blow up!

Panda, double food buff is going to outdo any racial in the game with a fucking mile.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

It's Panaden by a mile, even for Horde. Spirit is going to be our most desired stat, and the racial is essentially worth +300 Spirit.

Here's how I rank them.

1. Pandaren
    2. Troll - Being able to line up Berserking with Healing Tide Totem provides a decent throughput bonus.
    3. Orc - Similar as Troll, you can line up Bloodfury with Healing Tide or Ascendance to get the most out of it. It provides weaker output than Berserking though.
    4. Goblin - With the way the haste thresholds are in MoP, there are very few casts where that extra 1% haste will be the difference in hitting a new threshold/impacing your gearing. 1% haste is still a decent static bonus, but with mana as brutal as it is at 90, Haste will be our weakest secondary stat.
    5. Draenei - With healers getting full passive hit cap, the hit bonus is 100% useless for Resto. Gift of the Naaru gives you a near trivial amount of extra output you can use.
    6. Dwarf - Stoneform is somewhat useful, but very weak for a primary racial for PvE raiding.
    7. Tauren - Completely worthless PvE racials.

Deleted
    I also think that Pandaren are the best race for resto shamans. Especially for alliance players the food buff is the best racial for healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am pretty sure the primary stats on food are normallized at lvl 90 in such a way that the Epicurean double food bonus is on par with other racial benefits like berserking and bloodfury generally. *remember intellect is now only spell power and a pittance of crit, it no longer increases mana pools*

Epicurean may be a good racial but it's not a 1,000,000%-better-in-all-ways-at-all-times racial

and human spirit is actually the best racial for a healer (the only one that scales as gear level increases) in the alliance but there are no human shamans (except in stranglethorn vale for some reason)

for example: you can get and 300 passive Spell power (i.e. intellect) and like .02% more crits from Mogu Fish Stew as a Pandaran, or 2257 Spell power for 15 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown as an Orc. Te passive is stronger on average than the cooldown (which averages to 282 SP) but cooldowns are always more valuable than passives since they can be used on demand.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-14 at 07:42 PM.

IMO Blood Elf has better racial for healers than Human but that is a moot debate. Anyway Pandaren seems the best numbers wise followed by Goblin and Troll. I would guess most resto shamans in the top guilds would stay as Goblin. The benefit of Rocket Jump is hard to quantify but pretty significant based on past encounters. For a healer you typically don't think "gee if I had that bit more throughput I would have kept the target alive". More like "if I got into range/started casting earlier I would have kept the target alive".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    IMO Blood Elf has better racial for healers than Human but that is a moot debate. Anyway Pandaren seems the best numbers wise followed by Goblin and Troll. I would guess most resto shamans in the top guilds would stay as Goblin. The benefit of Rocket Jump is hard to quantify but pretty significant based on past encounters. For a healer you typically don't think "gee if I had that bit more throughput I would have kept the target alive". More like "if I got into range/started casting earlier I would have kept the target alive".
    true on all points
    also i should have said Human Spirit was the best Alliance Racial for a healer

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i am pretty sure the primary stats on food are normallized at lvl 90 in such a way that the Epicurean double food bonus is on par with other racial benefits like berserking and bloodfury generally. *remember intellect is now only spell power and a pittance of crit, it no longer increases mana pools*

Epicurean may be a good racial but it's not a 1,000,000%-better-in-all-ways-at-all-times racial

and human spirit is actually the best racial for a healer (the only one that scales as gear level increases) in the alliance but there are no human shamans (except in stranglethorn vale for some reason)

for example: you can get and 300 passive Spell power (i.e. intellect) and like .02% more crits from Mogu Fish Stew as a Pandaran, or 2257 Spell power for 15 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown as an Orc. Te passive is stronger on average than the cooldown (which averages to 282 SP) but cooldowns are always more valuable than passives since they can be used on demand.
    Only talking about Shaman here, so other races do not really matter much. The extra 300 int/spirit will outdo any other alliance racial by a lot and will be better than most horde racials, especially for the first tier when stacking spirit is so good.

In terms of pure throughput for horde, it goes Panda ~= Troll > Goblin > Orc. Panda obviously has the ability to choose what stat they want (Int vs Spirit) and Goblin has the rocket jump, which increase their values.
    \

The human racial become superior to the Pandaren racial at 300 Spirit. I suspect we will be getting to that point late in T14/early in T15, so Human will be the superior race by mid-expansion. The Blood Elf racial is clearly superior to the Pandaren racial, and beats out the Human racial up until you get to about 30,000 Spirit (which obviously isn't going to happen in MoP). It's irrelevant to Shaman, because we can not be Humans or Blood Elves.

Anyway, here is how I would rank all races in terms of most to least desirable for PvE healing.

1. Blood Elf
    2. Human
    3. Pandaren
    4. Troll
    5. Orc
    6. Worgen (Crit is going to be more valuable than haste for most healing specs in MoP)
    7. Goblin
    8. Gnome (5% larger mana pool sounds awesome, but with so many maximum mana mechanics removed and mana pools not scaling, the regen value of this is very minimal.
    9. Draenei (Gift of the Naaru is at least something with some PvE relevance)
    10. Undead
    11. Dwarf
    12. Night Elf
    13. Tauren