Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Um Zito, my reply was for Deepsideddj to explain why it looks like shit. I know very well who is developing and publishing. While Team bloodlust may have been a team NCsoft created, that still makes it a different thing then the whole of NCsoft developing a game. So my point was still valid that NC isn't the primary creative force behind the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    To be fair, team bloodlust is a group of Ncsoft employees formed into one team for blade and soul. It boils down to personal reasons.

Also: http://us.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/

So the game is being tweeked for the western style, which is why it's taking so long

Who knows what we will get O.o
    Presumably Q1 2013. Least that's what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Presumably Q1 2013. Least that's what I remember.
    eh... I expect late summer early fall. Westernizing started in September? And Ncsoft west is really catering to the western market while keeping blade and soul relatively the same. Not an easy task.

Deleted
    Is there any info on this game about payment, F2P or B2P?

Quote Originally Posted by Duranox View Post
    No word on business model yet. Hoping for a non-subscription model though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranox View Post
    I expect like most eastern mmo's. It will go P2P then after about half a year it'll have some form of F2P like Tera has chronoscrolls or aion just going flat out F2P.

However it is a strong likely that it might go B2P for western market because it's now the sudden trend. (SWTOR, TSW, GW2).

I'd gladly pay for this mmo though, give me kung fu master!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer B2P with a cash shop with cute outfits and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I'd prefer B2P with a cash shop with cute outfits and stuff.
    It's cash shop is pretty small atm

Has a few outfits, exp boosters and weapon gems

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed witch outfit in Tera.
    I'd buy it.

NCsoft :/ It sucks.
    And it's too much Asian. With some weird gear.
    Last edited by Black Rider; 2012-12-25 at 02:29 PM.

NCsoft :/ It sucks.
    This is their next major MMO since aion. And how long ago was aion?

Let's not judge before we play it. But it's the top game in the eastern market currently. The complaints though so far are a lack of endgame. It's not for die heart hardcore players. But hardcore players only play for lockout anyway so...

And it's too much Asian.
    Asian game being asian?

With some weird gear.
    X-mas outfits are always ugly, to the large sweaters to boons with stars on them.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-12-25 at 02:46 PM.

This is their next major MMO since aion. And how long ago was aion?

Let's not judge before we play it. But it's the top game in the eastern market currently. The complaints though so far are a lack of endgame. It's not for die heart hardcore players. But hardcore players only play for lockout anyway so...
    I don't see what's next gen there... But it's not for me. Ofc some guys will play it, but it's not my taste.
    X-mas outfits are always ugly, to the large sweaters to boons with stars on them.
    I've seen this game's gear and it's always weird.

2:07
    Dat gear

Very eastern like to me.

Conclusion, don't play eastern games O.o

Deleted
    It's cash shop is pretty small atm

Has a few outfits, exp boosters and weapon gems
    that outfit is just pure win xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    [img]http://www.mmoculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/BNS-6-man.jpg[img]
    I like weird.
    That and a sense of aesthetic is to your own likes / dislikes.
    Also those are more or less to Chinese old clothing, which is what they've been outlining to do, instead of MoP's fake Chinese.

Deleted
    i know i could search google but im too full of turkey and whiskey

looking at this game and looks nice...however i play mmo's for hardcore endgame raidng. any1 got any news snips etc where this is confirmed or denied....most of the youtube videos i find are just dungeons.

thanks folks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akrusLJ View Post
    i know i could search google but im too full of turkey and whiskey

looking at this game and looks nice...however i play mmo's for hardcore endgame raidng. any1 got any news snips etc where this is confirmed or denied....most of the youtube videos i find are just dungeons.

thanks folks
    So far the main issue is that there's a lack of end game raiding and stuff. So no.

Deleted
    Honestly, I loved the look of this game, The combat looked nice, the characters are amazing, customization is good and the landscapes are some of the best i've seen. The killing blow was NCsoft, I know they Published Gw2, but at least you had to pay for that. I'm going to go on the assumption that it is HEAVILY p2w (pay-2-win) if it doesn't start off like that, it will surely end up like that. That kills it for me, to the point I will probably not even try it. It's a shame when games go f2p because some games have amazing developers, laugh all you want but you was shocked at the visual Aion provided when you 1st saw the screenshots and instantly thought it was just CGI. If only these Asian translated games got more publicity over here, maybe then they could run a similar system to Gw2, and then we would have a better all around MMORPG market.

There must be a better way then the pay-2-win model. If you are spending more a month then a WoW sub, in my eyes that's a failure. I would much prefer paying a price for the game, and then having a cash shop which only contains cosmetic items such as Fashion/mounts etc because there is always a market for that stuff, including me. Not only that but in 1 year after launch, the economy ingame will be so screwed that the only way to get a decent amount of gold is to buy it with real money. Botters can just make new accounts, bot lvl 1 area overnight, if they aren't banned in morning, xfer gold and contiune. If they get banned, they just remake and repeat. Paying a fee for the game stops this, as a botter will not risk getting an account banned they paid for, and even if they get there hands on a hacked account, chances of it been banned are quiet high.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-12-25 at 09:45 PM.

Aion had big faultys but went threw a paid expansion. Nor is it's model P2Win last time I checked.

Blade and soul has been out since last summer and is at the top of the games in the weastern market. Problem is it lacks end game content, but another patch adding 2 new dungeons is coming the 26th however they need to get on the gravy train and implement something longer lasting. People just raid 2 maybe 3 nights (4 hours) a week in other games, that's not really long lasting either so the next big revolutionary thing we have to look for in games is long lasting end game raids or not.

Also Blade and soul PvP is 1vs1 arena ranked.

woo

Aion had big faultys but went threw a paid expansion.
    The expansion was free actually. They made boxes for it to sell more copies of the game, but if you already owned the game you got the 2.0 expansion as a normal content update.