Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dear Addon Creators/People with LUA knowledge

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cher.html#info

The monk community would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE you if you could fix this addon, or potentially help us find an alternate to this addon.

Here's the functionality specifically needing to work:

Tracking the total number of Renewing Mist active on the raid at any given time, and a timer showing the lowest remaining duration timer (with or without the person's name as well) -- I personally don't care for the progress bar that is included, but some people like it.

Now I'm hoping one of you fine folk could either fix the addon, or help find an alternate (IE: Weak Auras custom LUA coding) -- I am unfortunately not familiar enough with coding to fix this addon, or to do a custom LUA within Weak Auras, so any help would be appreciated!

Affinitii
    BathRobeGuy™

Specific Errors atm:

61x RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:756: Usage: UnitIsUnit("unit", "otherUnit")
    <in C code>
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:756: in function "RMW_CheckFor611"
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:619: in function "RMW_ScanRaidFor611"
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:426: in function "RMW_FormatText"
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:416: in function "RMW_UpdateText"
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:407: in function <RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher.lua:404>

Locals:
    gid = "raid1"
    bid = 13
    id = 119611
    caster = nil
    1x C stack overflow
    <in C code>
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:304: in function "RMW_UpdateCastBar"
    <string>:"*:OnValueChanged":1: in function <string>:"*:OnValueChanged":1
    <in C code>
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:304: in function "RMW_UpdateCastBar"
    <in C code>
    <in C code>
    <in C code>
    <in C code>
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:334: in function "RMW_OnLoad"
    <string>:"*:OnLoad":1: in function <string>:"*:OnLoad":1

Locals:
    a = RMW_castbar {
    0 = <userdata>
    }
    b = 0.0049999998882413
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2012-09-13 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Post the lua errors please

Edited post with the known LUA errors.

Anybody up for the challenge? :P

I would be forever grateful to anyone who could fix this addon or come up with an alternative.

I've spent the better part of 2 days trying to work something out on weak auras and nothing I could come up with even came close to what this addon does.
    Last edited by Madisyn; 2012-09-16 at 06:08 AM.

Deleted
    Why isn't the addon creator fixing this problem? It would seem that the addon is updated 07-09-12 08:18 AM, so he should be aware of the problem and already be trying to solve it?

Also is this a addon to Grid or some other healing addon? Or is it standalone so to say?

It's a standalone addon and a really helpful addon for Mistweavers.

The author isn't and has not responded to any messages left on the forums (that I've seen) since the last update.

I loaded this up on beta. Is there something specific causing this issue?

I've joined a group and converted to raid (albeit just me and another person, not in combat/in a raid instance) with this addon installed and don't get any errors generated. Seems to work perfectly and show the correct stacks, target name, remaining duration, number of targets, etc....

Is there something I need to do, certain situation, etc... to generate any errors? Addon seems fine. I'd be happy to try if I could find something wrong with it.

Servers are being restarted right now or I'd (attempt to) jump into an LFR.

Edit:
    The only "funny" thing it does is show max number values for a split second as the frame first initializes and a split second after it should disappear.

ex:

EDIT#2: Did an instance because LFR is impossible this time of night and addon worked flawlessly with no errors.
    Last edited by Quse; 2012-09-16 at 08:33 AM.

I hope some of these bugs get fixed for release as this is a great Add-on for Mistweavers both experienced and new.
    I'll log in today and edit this post with some of the LUA errors I've come across.

EGTactics
    /jealous of Affiniti's Bathrobe

Deleted
    I just created the following WeakAura: Pastebin

It shows total number of mists + remaining time on shortest, it isn't fully tested though. (Built it with my druid on live using Rejuv, worked fine and changed the buff to renewing mist)

If there's any problems please let me now.

Edit: Edited above url with some fixes.
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2012-09-21 at 04:10 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you VERY VERY much!! THANKS!
    Tried it myself with weakauras, but my lua knowledge wasn´t good enough. Testet it with my monk. It works perfect. I´ve moved the stack number outside. It´s a little hard to see with the cooldowntimer. When you test it, you must be in a party or raid (solo don´t work for me).

Mfg Sylvela

Would still like to know why and how people are getting errors with this addon.

Been trying to get a hold of Affinity and posted a "why and how" in this thread.
    The addon works perfectly on beta (with the exception of the odd full duration frame I posted about earlier).

I know for me, I get these errors while in a raid on beta. The only other addon I have enabled is Vuhdo. It's not consistent with the errors either. In other words, I was able to run a dungeon with it enabled and received no errors, but running LFR the other night, I was spammed with those errors. I also received these errors when raid testing the last 25m heroic raid boss.

I even tried during our raid testing with vuhdo off, this addon enabled and using wow's raid frames, still got the errors.

Did you try deleting the Saved Variables? It's funny that some has these errors and some don't.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Did you try deleting the Saved Variables? It's funny that some has these errors and some don't.
    Deleting saved variables was the first thing I tried. I even went as far and reinstalling Beta just to see if something funky was going on there. No luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    I just created the following WeakAura: Pastebin

It shows total number of mists + remaining time on shortest, it isn't fully tested though. (Built it with my druid on live using Rejuv, worked fine and changed the buff to renewing mist)

If there's any problems please let me now.

Edit: Edited above url with some fixes.
    Hi, there is one problem. If the buff is on the player himself it's not counting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by futter View Post
    Hi, there is one problem. If the buff is on the player himself it's not counting.
    Thanks for the report, fixed: Pastebin

Also edited my post above with the fixed version, to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2012-09-21 at 04:10 AM.

Deleted
    ccKep, thank you very much !!!!!!!

Btw,while in a LFR Beta I saw Weak Auras running at 29 mb but maybe because people keep on leaving/joining group.
    Last edited by mmocd57308ab34; 2012-09-20 at 01:58 PM.

yeah thanks ccKep
    miguelxp you can disable weak auras options, if u dont want to change anything and save alot of memory

I seem to lag really hard with this WA

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post
    Would still like to know why and how people are getting errors with this addon.

Been trying to get a hold of Affinity and posted a "why and how" in this thread.
    The addon works perfectly on beta (with the exception of the odd full duration frame I posted about earlier).
    Sorry chiming in now, this spits out the above errors with the cooldown visual bar disabled primarily.

58x RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:756: Usage: UnitIsUnit("unit", "otherUnit")
    <in C code>
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:756: in function "RMW_CheckFor611"
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:619: in function "RMW_ScanRaidFor611"
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:426: in function "RMW_FormatText"
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:416: in function "RMW_UpdateText"
    RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher-0.3.0.lua:407: in function <RenewingMistWatcher\RenewingMistWatcher.lua:404>

Locals:
    gid = "raid9"
    bid = 10
    id = 119611
    caster = nil
    Timers stopped working on Sha on LFR, just flat out stopped updating.

Again the weak Auras is actually lagging my rig, and I have a good rig :P
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2012-09-21 at 01:59 AM.