Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Legendary Weapon Build Guide

This is thanks to the players posting on guildwars2guru.com forums, including my guild leader Obscenity/Kexel, who has contributed extensively to the discovery of the recipe.

Here it is:

Step 1 - Mystic Forge Gifts

Gift of Magic = t6 fang (250) + t6 scale (250) + T6 claw (250) + T6 bone (250)
    Gift of Might = T6 Blood (250) + t6 Venom (250) + T6 totem (250) + T6 dust (250)
    Obsidian Shard (10) + Glob of Ectoplasm (10) + Crystal (10) + Mystic Coin (10) = 20-50 Random t6 Fine mats or Mystic Clovers

Step 2 - Crafted Gifts

Crafted Gift 1 = Gift of metal/wood/energy
    Crafted Gift 2 = Gift of <uses Dungeon tokens>

Step 3 - WvW and Exploration Gifts

Gift of Battle = 500 Badges of honor
    Gift of Exploration = 100% Map completion

Step 4 - Component Creation

Bloodstone shard + Gift of Exploration + Obsidian Shard (250) + Gift of Battle = (Component 1)
    Crafted Gift 1 + Crafted Gift 2 + Icy Runestone (100) + Superior Sigil of X = (Component 2)
    Glob of Ectoplasm(?) + Mystic Clover(?) + Gift of Magic + Gift of Might = (Component 3)

Step 5 - Your legendary

Base Exotic + Component 1 + Component 2 + Component 3 = Legendary

Reposted from http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/.../page__st__270
    Last edited by Vervayne; 2012-09-13 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    Oh dear thats alot of work right there

you copy/pasted it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutist View Post
    Great, only half the work of what I initially thought

Deleted
    Does that mean you need 100% map completion? Mother eff.

All of those tokens look pretty hefty too, but Sunrise will be mine, eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Does that mean you need 100% map completion? Mother eff.

All of those tokens look pretty hefty too, but Sunrise will be mine, eventually
    I'm more concerned about the ridiculous amount of karma needed for the obsidian shards :\

Deleted
    WvW and karma pours in

It is fixed~...

Yeah, but at a minimum we're looking at... what, 750k-1m karma? or something like that. Depending on how many mystic clovers are required, which apparently nobody knows yet

Deleted
    That's insane.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned about the ridiculous amount of karma needed for the obsidian shards :\
    I'm even more concerned about the 100 icy runestones which cost 1g each, and 250 of all those t6 fine materials.

Deleted
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...weapons-guide/

That is the new thread where we discuss ALL legendaries instead of just 1. The karma grind is by FAR the hardest part (you need more than 525k karma) Right now it looks like you need arround 1,1 million karma but that really depends on the amount of Mystic Clovers you need and how luck you get but asuming 100 Mystic Clovers the average will be 1,1mil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries look good, but they dont look THAT good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, its something to strive for I guess after you get a full set of dungeon armor/weapon.

1 million karma does seem like a bit too much though.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2012-09-13 at 11:38 PM.

This will be something of a slow burn. There's no way I'll be actively pursuing this, but something that will very slowly fill its criteria while I do other things.

It's daunting, but I am abso-fucking-lutely determined to get Quip.

I don't care if it takes me an entire year of being halfway casual, I like having an ultimate goal.

Folks were looking into it. It'll run somewhere in the neighborhood of over a million karma (depending on your luck with Mystic Clovers) and many hundreds of gold. I've already made Gift of Wood and I'm well on my way towards Gift of Entertainment, but relatively speaking, the crafting gifts are the easiest part of the process. I got a great big boost of momentum, and now I'm damn determined to eventually finish this.

I will have my Quip, mark my words.

Oh wow... glad I read this, I've been spending my badges of honor on seige... eff that... 500..

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's daunting, but I am abso-fucking-lutely determined to get Quip.

I don't care if it takes me an entire year of being halfway casual, I like having an ultimate goal.

Folks were looking into it. It'll run somewhere in the neighborhood of over a million karma (depending on your luck with Mystic Clovers) and many hundreds of gold. I've already made Gift of Wood and I'm well on my way towards Gift of Entertainment, but relatively speaking, the crafting gifts are the easiest part of the process. I got a great big boost of momentum, and now I'm damn determined to eventually finish this.

I will have my Quip, mark my words.
    This is where I ask wth Quip is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope no one was expecting to be able to get 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    This is where I ask wth Quip is.
    Quip would be the legendary pistol.

Most folks seem all about chasing after the legendary greatswords, but not me!