how are you liking CC these days?

I know you're sitting through a lot more because of cooldown on dispells, not to mention new CC talents.

Needs to be tweaked yes or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swineflu View Post
    I know you're sitting through a lot more because of cooldown on dispells, not to mention new CC talents.

Needs to be tweaked yes or no?
    Good. CC doesn't last long enough as it is between trinkets, dispels, tiny durations and DR.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Well its frustrating as Melee more so than ever before. Locks and Shadow Priests put you on back to back 8 sec fears. They are probably the most annoying class I have across in the new patch. I literally wait to engage any of them only after they have used their fears. Its just so annoying. There is literally no skill involved. You don't need to even target anyone.

I think casters have it a bit better as in you can stay a safe distance from most of Shadow Priest's fears and can silence locks. But right now you spend almost your entire time CC in some form or another as melee.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Well its frustrating as Melee more so than ever before. Locks and Shadow Priests put you on back to back 8 sec fears. They are probably the most annoying class I have across in the new patch. I literally wait to engage any of them only after they have used their fears. Its just so annoying. There is literally no skill involved. You don't need to even target anyone.

I think casters have it a bit better as in you can stay a safe distance from most of Shadow Priest's fears and can silence locks. But right now you spend almost your entire time CC in some form or another as melee.
    I can definitely see that. Healers are frustrated too because there is much MUCH less defense for a simple cc chain nowadays.

The number of CCs is too dam HIGH.

In comparison to Vanilla:

Mages: Polymorph + frost nova + stun (FB) X Polymorph + Frost Nova + Deep Freeze + Dragon Breath + Fire Stun + Pet...

Sooo freaking many disorients, stuns, fears, knock downs, knock backs, roots. The game is almost all about control. And your capability of getting out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    CC needs to be toned down like they did Dispel and interrupts.

I want something like, Shared DR on all roots, Shared DR on Fear, Poly,Sap,Cyclone,Hex. Horror Effects added to the Stun DR.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I saw a resto druid in a bg today that was sitting in CC 24/7 and his team didn't do shit about it. Some time later in the BG you can see that druid wandering in the game doing nothing. I can almost feel the rage coming from him at that moment. He must have been so pissed xD

Better than being globalled or dying during a stun or to macro warriors skill.
    Although there are still rogues around that can kill my spriest if i dont have cds or trinket with 1 easy sequence.
    Luckly most rogues suck.
    Vanila all over again, rogues were so op in cata that newcomers never bothered to learn their class

Interupts on the other hand ARE out of control, against players with a brain i might as well not have abilities with cast since they will lock me follow it with another gimmick and kill me

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    CC needs to be toned down like they did Dispel and interrupts.

I want something like, Shared DR on all roots, Shared DR on Fear, Poly,Sap,Cyclone,Hex. Horror Effects added to the Stun DR.
    Horror Effects should share DR with Fear IMO. Cyclone is just stupid though cause you can't even dispel it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    Good. CC doesn't last long enough as it is between trinkets, dispels, tiny durations and DR.
    You are either trolling or are terrible at CC then. Seeing as you have a Mage and a Rogue.

Deleted
    I personally think there is nothing wrong with cc.. Its always good to expect to be ccd and react to whether your opponent is expecting you to trinket or not. Just tht move could determine the outcome of the game.. CC is what shows skillfull players. Those who knw who and when to cc.....

Deleted
    on the whole CC is ok, but at the moment it seems mages and warlocks are OP in this regard. (1v1).

Warlocks are the worst contenders for me, instant fears, which don't break at all even when you take 50% of your hp in damage, then follow up fear etc etc. Hoping its just broken at 85 and 90 will fix fear, otherwise it's going to be stupidly OP in spell cleaves.

edit: what I really find annoying now is that every interrupt silences now. Blanket silences really have almost no skill needed, and now every class with an interrupt has this.
    Last edited by mmoc19d6468924; 2012-09-14 at 07:01 PM.

It is far too much, just like the amount of skills it is bloated to death. The amount of CC and CC immunities and trinkets and DR's is just too much that it basically IS pvp now.

Deleted
    Trinket was reduced from 5 min CD to 2 Mins before because of CC....

I wouldn't be surprised if it was taken down to 1 minute.
    CC is insane atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread was good for lolz.

They NEED to reduce roots duration. As it is right now, there's literally only two classes that get punished severely due to 8 second duration roots and that's rogues and warriors. Every other class has a consistent low cd way to get out of roots.

Other than that, I'd say CC is ok. It could definitely be toned down a bit. Maybe a bit more DR sharing or overall decrease in durations but ONLY if burst damage and healing get nerfed hard.

Also as a warrior, they need to take pummel out of glyph of gag order. I never liked that mage CS is a blanket silence (as if the classes wasn't already retardedly overpowered forever anyways) but now giving it to warriors is just stupid. GL fake casting a warrior.

I love how they keep saying "we don't like it when a player isn't able to play the game any more because of CC" and then they go out of their way to add more CC than ever and even nerf the only reliable way to get out of CC.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-09-15 at 07:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

they need to fix the threshold for fears breaking.

i've taken my entire hp bar in hand of sacrifice damage and still sat an entire fear. just recently i had a lock chaos bolt me for 40k(!!) while i was sitting in a howl and i died in that howl because it didn't break.

fears right now are so incredibly potent with blood fear and psyfiend making instant fears much easier to position and harder to LoS.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"