Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    I got my Elementalist to 80 and stopped playing it. With no progression left, I just don't feel the drive to play it much.

I'm enjoying playing a different class now though. And WvW is fun, if somewhat pointless feeling.
    So you're saying you're WORLD FIRST DUNGEON MASTER???

We're gonna need a screen shot here.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    So you're saying you're WORLD FIRST DUNGEON MASTER???

We're gonna need a screen shot here.
    There's nothing in dungeons but cosmetic gear, and I'm rather fond of the set I have now. I'd run them for the story, but they're tuned outside my skill level too.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    Can't see myself going to Orr very often once i'm done with the place fully, however fairly satisfied with the endgame since i will be doing a lot of sPvP and WvW.

Orr is kind of buggy, but I am enjoying the explorable mode immensely. I can see myself being finished with a full set in a month though. Fortunately there is sPvP tournaments soon! woohoo!
    WvWvW is also somewhat fun, but you really need a group of at least 5 to make a difference.

I don't understand why people say this game didn't change or "revolutionize" the MMO, it clearly made some huge changes that are substantially different then old typical MMORPGS, I mean you can say it didn't- but that doesn't mean the facts aren't there.

Early 90's
    Final Fantasy- grind levels, acquire gear, form a party, beat final boss

Mid 90's
    More advanced RPG's, dynamic combat, 3d!!!!- grinding, gear, killed final bosses

2000's
    Online RPG's Holy shit! Everquest introduced and you literally grinded mob after mob, got to cap, killed final bosses
    Same goes for early Japanese MMO's (FFXI anyone?)

Then WoW took the grind, slapped some quest and lore onto it, got to level cap, and killed bosses

Now GW2 makes the questing different, more dynamic, fluid, grouping easier.

I don't see how that isnt a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Yes, if it really was PvP and not a running marathon to get to the zerge and then a running battle with the other zerge. Zero skill in there and at the end of the day my char is exactly the same as when I entered. Now, I hardly believe this is going to entertain most people for months or even weeks to come.
    Do you know structured PVP? As I said on my previous post, it's laughable how people bought this game with out researching it first, and then come whining...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying the PvP endgame but I'm no where near the PvE endgame yet.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Lvl 50 Charr Warrior, I'll let you know when I get there.

Not 80 yet, my engineer is level 49. I do not intend to rush to 80 like some people did. I'm taking my time and enjoying PVE leveling.

Im having a hard time with map completion because some of the skillpoint challeneges are bugged out. Some aspects of my personal story were also horribly broken. Im a bit disapointed with some of the endgame zones QA/QC to the point where I dont even feel like logging in.

Deleted
    No I dont. TBH I practicly quit already ( well not technically because no sub, but you know what I mean) I havent log in for like 5 days or so.
    Biggest reason is this "grind in your face" attitude, to get dungeon set you know you will have to do set ammount of runs, and by this it makes it sooo boring and predictible, it feels like job. And please don't tell me in WoW we also grind for gear, because it feels so much different with random drops, hell if you're lucky you can gear up in 1 lockout.

Deleted
    Last time i checked nemro82 PvE gear with justice points are predictable and beter than the random drops:P

Deleted
    The endgame is lacking something, i'm not sure what but It feels like the game itself is lacking quite alot of depth in the end game.

endgame used to mean something, something you youngins lost. If Anet doesn't fix this then they will regret it, maybe not today, maybe not tommorow but soon and for the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeez View Post
    The endgame is lacking something, i'm not sure what but It feels like the game itself is lacking quite alot of depth in the end game.

endgame used to mean something, something you youngins lost. If Anet doesn't fix this then they will regret it, maybe not today, maybe not tommorow but soon and for the rest of their lives.
    I think the "something" is kind of... everything. I don't see any real reason to even log on my 80 Warrior. Guild Wars 2 seems like it's another leveling game, and for that reason, I also don't see much point to leveling up more than once. I think they kind of made a really skeletal version of SWTOR, but without the story
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeez View Post

If we're talking about the endgame of old (let's go with EQ1), then WoW, Rift, and other similar games don't provide it either. Or even the "endgame" that UO provided!

And we'll see if they "regret it" given that they're actively going after people who aren't seeking traditional endgames. But I'll bow to your clearly superior knowledge as you tell us "children" how it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    If we're talking about the endgame of old (let's go with EQ1), then WoW, Rift, and other similar games don't provide it either. Or even the "endgame" that UO provided!

And we'll see if they "regret it" given that they're actively going after people who aren't seeking traditional endgames. But I'll bow to your clearly superior knowledge as you tell us "children" how it really is.
    Regardless of their target audience, they still have a good chance of "regret[ing] it". Guild Wars 2 is supposed to generate revenue ongoing revenue from three sources: continued box sales, microtransactions, and paid expansions. While they don't have a subscription model, they still rely on people playing their game enough to buy things for it. A lack of content will hurt this model just as much as any other sustained payment model
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Regardless of their target audience, they still have a good chance of "regret[ing] it". Guild Wars 2 is supposed to generate revenue ongoing revenue from three sources: continued box sales, microtransactions, and paid expansions. While they don't have a subscription model, they still rely on people playing their game enough to buy things for it. A lack of content will hurt this model just as much as any other sustained payment model
    Your definition of content and the actual definition of content are two different things, as I'm assuming you're considering content only raiding content based on your prior statements.

redit: To put it in context, WoW maintains the highest subscription rate in the world with releasing minimal content at once, and having FAR less overall relevant content for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Guild Wars 2 follows almost the exact same "endgame" as Guild Wars 1. Considering Guild Wars 1 was successful enough that we wouldn't even be talking about yet alone playing Guild Wars 2 chances are good Anet will be cranking out campaigns for a few more years still.

This model of operation has been proven to work for Anet and the franchise. 4 games and xpac that came before the 5th game titled Guild Wars 2.

PvE endgame is nonexistent. WvW is okay, not nearly as good as DAoC's RvR, but still better than sandbox duels.

Somewhat. Skelington hasn't really been motivated to play his necromancer lately since everything in orr is so buggy. It took over two weeks to get the last skill point in Straights of Devastation because that flying sword and shield enemy that gives it couldn't even be clicked on. Haven't checked recently, but apparently it's broken again, along with some others in Malchor's Leap(already 100% surprisingly) and Cursed Shore(at like 80%). Can't progress through the personal story either since every other quest stops working at some point. The last one he did has got to be one of the longest, most boring ones there are and the last npc to which you talk to complete it wouldn't even activate. Haven't tried it since and now there isn't much motivation to go back. The necromancer's gear and traits are also a mess after some light testing.

We usually don't have enough people on at a time for dungeons and pugging is meh. Not really interested in trying pvp right now, but might start doing WvW soon.

All Skelington has been doing for a while is playing alts.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-09-18 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    No I dont. TBH I practicly quit already ( well not technically because no sub, but you know what I mean) I havent log in for like 5 days or so.
    Biggest reason is this "grind in your face" attitude, to get dungeon set you know you will have to do set ammount of runs, and by this it makes it sooo boring and predictible, it feels like job. And please don't tell me in WoW we also grind for gear, because it feels so much different with random drops, hell if you're lucky you can gear up in 1 lockout.
    To each his own. I prefer the system where you have a set amount of things to do in order to reach the goal. Random system might be cool if you would "win" more often than not. But in reality in games RNG is usually tuned against you. And most of the time you will loose and get frustrated that virtual dice again owned you without lube.