Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tought question. Pvp is fun, really fun. Crafting is a little annoying but when you get used to it its fun for exp(skill points). And then theres the event, wich arent as entertaining in the last zones, but are quite awesome in leveling area's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    There was a post on the official forums asking what other games people played before GW2 and it was interesting to see the variety of games that people came from and even more interesting, only a very small fraction came from WoW.

As far as post #265, check this out.
    http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/arch...646.php?page=1
    Not a chance, I would have said the 2 guilds I were in were majority ex wow players, ex rift players or ex Tor players, I dont remember a single person being a non mmo player I dont get what fencers is talking about in regards to GW2 attracting non mmo players or where the evidence is. If it exists im happy to be put in my place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Its already representative. For a 2 million GW2 population, you only need ~400 people for the survey to be representative with a 5% error margin. 600 for a 99% error margin.
    Exept that you are on an website thats only looked at by people who play video games. Your specimen isnt representative as alot of people who play the game dont chat on forums. And they are the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

You're clearly an American...aren't you? :P

It was as a friend of mine said earlier: "The problem is with gamer's and people in America today is that they have this HORRIBLE Warcraft mentality of constantly UPGRADING and maxing crap out and to compete with their neighbors instead of just having FUN with them... just like buying Cellphones every year... they want the next stat upgrade. That's a problem... what happened to having FUN with what you HAVE!?"
    Why would you single out Americans? Have you seen the crazy shit the Asians and Euros do in MMOs? I still remember in WoW vanilla when all the top raiding guilds(American at the time) were shocked that Nihilum was flasking their entire raid for AQ40 attempts. Even the DPS!! Hardly anyone went through the trouble to flask anyone besides the tanks at the time. The time and expense of burning 40+ flasks a night was too much for US guilds. The Euros were just more hardcore and came to dominate the top of the raiding scene.

In the Madness first kill interview, KIN Raiders talked about all the crazy number of normal DS runs they did with alts to funnel gear to their main raiders. Asian raiding guilds being hardcore is not really a new thing, either.

As for cellphones, the vast majority of Americans don't upgrade every year. We're tied to 2 year contracts. Some crazy techies with too much money might be paying early termination multiple times a year, but that's really rare. People in countries without contracts are much more likely to upgrade their phones multiple times a year. Hell, I had friends living in Asia who owned multiple high end phones at the same time and just swapped the sim cards around, treating the phones as basically fashion accessories.

So yeah, your America-bashing is just off base here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Exept that you are on an website thats only looked at by people who play video games. Your specimen isnt representative as alot of people who play the game dont chat on forums. And they are the majority.
    I was responding to a very specific statement that the poll needs twice as many people to be representative, and it doesn't. Either its not representative at all because of sample bias, or it already has more than it needs to be representative.

Besides, your statement doesn't actually mean anything, since that's what it means for a sample to be representative - it is a small subsection of a whole population. First it has to be established that people who play the game at large are substantially different from people who post on the forums.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2012-09-18 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Not a chance, I would have said the 2 guilds I were in were majority ex wow players, ex rift players or ex Tor players, I dont remember a single person being a non mmo player I dont get what fencers is talking about in regards to GW2 attracting non mmo players or where the evidence is. If it exists im happy to be put in my place.
    Whether or not these people are being honest, I've seen quite a few new to mmo players, mostly after I hit 80 on one toon and decided to roll an alt. Now I know a ton of people are probably trying to troll, but I've seem some genuinely new to mmo players.

OT: Depends on whether or not I'm with people I know. The random people in the really large events doesn't really appeal to me as much as I wanted it to. Dungeons feel pretty nice for a bit of fun. I don't know if it will hold the mass appeal for a long time given that all the current stuff is stat allocation and cosmetic.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Our experiences are different. In both my guilds there are very few WoW players or ex-WoW players. First one is a large guild with just a handful and my 2nd guild is one that came over from Lineage 2 that never played WoW.

I will say the WoW players are the noisiest on the forums with their complaints. Maybe you guys just have to stop and think, without raids maybe this game was not targeted to you. It's not WoW2, it's not a WoW clone.

Those of us that didn't approach the game with a WoWcentric PoV are happily playing the game and having a blast
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I know its not targeted towards me but not because it doesnt offer raids, I never even hit 80. It still doesnt change the fact that the majority of players who play GW2 will be MMO players, I dont buy in to the story that this has brought in a whole new type of player to mmos, I dont know if it will be quantifiable or not, would be interesting to see, but I just dont know why this game would draw people in when others havent.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Our experiences are different. In both my guilds there are very few WoW players or ex-WoW players. First one is a large guild with just a handful and my 2nd guild is one that came over from Lineage 2 that never played WoW.

I will say the WoW players are the noisiest on the forums with their complaints. Maybe you guys just have to stop and think, without raids maybe this game was not targeted to you. It's not WoW2, it's not a WoW clone.

Those of us that didn't approach the game with a WoWcentric PoV are happily playing the game and having a blast
    I didn't approach the game with a "WoWcentric Pov", and I'm still bored at level 80
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The problem with the term "WoW Centric PoV" is that people are now mistaking the expectation of PvE content as being a WoW-Related concept.
    Yeah, I think you're right

It seems like you just can't win, too. If you say that WoW did something right, these same people just go into a backwards loop of crediting everything Blizzard has done to copying Everquest, but if you say a new MMO should have something, they just assume it's an idea unique to WoW

For a group of people that apparently don't care much for WoW, they seem to constantly think about it
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Deleted
    Even calling this Endgame is rediculous.

What endgame?

They need to add some more in the future me thinks :/

Quote Originally Posted by Floppi14 View Post

What endgame?

I agree

People who played the first Guild Wars keep telling me that NCSoft/Arenanet released quality content at a good rate in that game, so hopefully they'll do the same with GW2, but I'm just not so sure that it's going to be content worth doing

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The problem with the term "WoW Centric PoV" is that people are now mistaking the expectation of PvE content as being a WoW-Related concept.
    no, they expected the PvE content to be good and diverse, problem is its not.

the issue with the bosses have so few skills that rather then having to pay attention and react to them throughout the fight you just end up standing there letting auto-attack do its job.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm beginning to get the feeling that with the official forums up and running in full swing now, a lot of the truly content players have vacated these forums, and a lot of the ones left are those at best on the fence, and at worst 3-week-mmo-transients who hang around on other-game sub forums on a primarily World of Warcraft fan site who like to bash other games based on what they've done wrong compared to WoW's all-knowing Godhood.

In other words, the "ERMAGERD, GW2 dusern't have raiding, no endgame!" crowd.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Floppi14 View Post

What endgame?

The whole concept of "end game" I think is ridiculous honestly. Ask yourself, does LoL have end game? Does that question even make sense? No it's absurd.

End game implies that everything you were doing before was not the real game but just some unnecessary evil needed to overcome before you could play the "real game." I think that's a poor design concept. There shouldn't be anything called end game, but rather a fun experience the whole way through.

As for GW2, I've been 80 a while now and still enjoying it immensely. I imagine it will be another month or two before I finish playing through all content just once on one character. At that point I can start thinking about redoing some stuff or playing a new character. But for now, there's simply far too much to do.

I don't really understand why people are chain running the same thing over and over again. Do they just play 16 hours a day every day? Do they just need to latch onto one repetitive activity? I can understand the appeal of mindlessly killing easy mobs over and over for a while (I did enjoy diablo 2 quite a bit afterall), but in this kind of game grinding just seems wholly out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    I'm beginning to get the feeling that with the official forums up and running in full swing now, a lot of the truly content players have vacated these forums, and a lot of the ones left are those at best on the fence, and at worst 3-week-mmo-transients who hang around on other-game sub forums on a primarily World of Warcraft fan site who like to bash other games based on what they've done wrong compared to WoW's all-knowing Godhood.

Meh... Its a forum for a site focused on a different game. So we should expect opinions that do not cast GW2 in a flattering mold. I'm actually surprised by how little hostility there is here but mostly chalk that up to good moderators.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    I can understand the appeal of mindlessly killing easy mobs over and over for a while (I did enjoy diablo 2 quite a bit afterall), but in this kind of game grinding just seems wholly out of place.
    then explain to me this, why are they rewarding it?
    killing the same kind of mob multiple times gives more and more EXP.
    repeating the same dungeon over and over again is the only way to get the gear based on that dungeon.

I still have fun with WoW, but I don't play retail anymore, and I don't intend to give Blizzard any money for their Panda thing, so I don't appreciate you spreading the idea that anyone who's dissatisfied with Guild Wars 2 is just a WoW/Blizzard fanboy

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    then explain to me this, why are they rewarding it?
    killing the same kind of mob multiple times gives more and more EXP.
    repeating the same dungeon over and over again is the only way to get the gear based on that dungeon.
    Well, it's an NC Soft game, that's just how they are. Grinding is a big thing in Asian games. Sure, Arenanet is based in the US, but they're still owned by NC Soft, and we still got a grinding game

I assume you haven't been reading the GW 2 official forums then. There's plenty of upset players over there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    I still have fun with WoW, but I don't play retail anymore, and I don't intend to give Blizzard any money for their Panda thing, so I don't appreciate you spreading the idea that anyone who's dissatisfied with Guild Wars 2 is just a WoW/Blizzard fanboy

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 05:50 PM ----------

Well, it's an NC Soft game, that's just how they are. Grinding is a big thing in Asian games. Sure, Arenanet is based in the US, but they're still owned by NC Soft, and we still got a grinding game
    aye, just cause this is a WoW site doesn't mean that people knee jerk into bashing other MMOs, the fact that these sub forums even exist is testament to that.

i know that its a NCsoft game, i was refuting their false idea that grinding doesn't work in GW2.
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-09-18 at 09:59 PM.