Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I cant think of onw game (apart from skyrim) that gives you content as much as gw2.
    You can't be serious... you're comparing an immersive World with beautiful side stories like Skyrim to GW2?!
    (Main story always sucked in Elderscrolls it's the side stories that gave the world life.)

Granted the landscapes are really well done and fun to look at. But story? Come on, there is no story to speak of in GW2. Personally I feel totally disconnected from the zones in this world.

OT - @Remilia: Your sig is adorable. ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You can't be serious... you're comparing an immersive World with beautiful side stories like Skyrim to GW2?!
    (Main story always sucked in Elderscrolls it's the side stories that gave the world life.)

Granted the landscapes are really well done and fun to look at. But story? Come on, there is no story to speak of in GW2. Personally I feel totally disconnected from the zones in this world.

OT - @Remilia: Your sig is adorable. ^_^
    Personaly i feel there is PLENTY of story in gw2, but again i read every text from npc and stopped listening to npcs dialogues. My comparision with skyrim was content wise not story wise, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    I really hoped people would be more sober for GW2 and be a little bit more realistic after what happened to Rift, then SW:TOR, then TERA but nope, same story again and again.
    Well at least I learned from being burned with Rift and Swtor : I didn't buy GW2 and have pledged to myself never to buy a new MMO again until at least 6 months after its release (I may be a bit extreme. As you said, 3 months should probably be enough).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Just this: MMOs will never have singleplayer AAA game quality at launch. They will be more like Beta status in terms of singleplayer games. Yes, even WoW was like that and it's a timeless predicament of the genre meaning there is no valid 'We are in the year 2075 MMO games should be perfect at release!' argument. It's not going to happen. Not even with Titan.
    I have to disagree with you on this one.
    'We are in the year 2075 MMO games should be perfect at release!' of course that doesn't hold any water.
    But 'We are in 2012, a new MMO should have and LFD (for example) at release' sure does.

At this point IF Titan even still exists, It'll be a total disaster.
    Titan obviously still exists. To say that it will be a disaster is a little premature, to say the least.

To all people who like the endgame (honest question, no flame bait intended, I really don't understand it):
    Please explain to me: how is it fun to just mindlessly smash buttons? People declare WoW as too easy and boring and then proceed to play something like this and say "It's so challenging Orr is hard."?
    There is no actual endgame. You are suppose to do DEs, travel, run dungeons and et cetera for the joy of it. The premise hinges on one fidning joy in these things.

The issue isn't with the nature of "endgame" in the Guild Wars franchise. Simply comes down to finding it fun. Which will vary from person to person, naturally.

The first games in the Guild Wars series were more or less the same. Players did stuff simply for the joy of doing them. Level cap was very fast to achieve, basic max stat gear was easy to acquire after a day or two of farming/trading. Almost the entire story chain could be done in a 1-3 days depending on how fast you were. Dungeons were farmed merely for item skins, potions and trinkets like confetti/fireworks.

Those first 4 games and the expansion were successful. Commercially and critically.

Anet don't bank on players playing the game(s) with the same degree of intensity as most other MMOs. They are fairly casual games.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-22 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    Titan obviously still exists. To say that it will be a disaster is a little premature, to say the least.
    Ha. Even despite the fact that I like GW2 very much, I agree that it was overhyped by some individuals. I never expected this game to be some MMO Jesus for general population. However since you speak about Titan, wait for the hype it will produce. GW2 will be nothing in comparison. New Blizzard MMO? Some people will overhype this to such monstrous proportions that I see the chain-fail-cascade after the release very likely to happen.

Just one tiny example of what irks me in GW2:
    The combat system SUCKS. Other than just mindlessly spamming stuff, they design classes with DoTs in Mind. They even give you gear that pushes your condition damage quite nicely.
    I don't know if you have been leveling with a group the whole time or what but I would totally disagree. I mean just today in Bloodtide Coast I had to know when to dodge at the right time. I had to think about which abilites I would use or I would get killed if I used the wrong ones. I honestly have never had so much fun with an mmo combat system. To be fair though I am under leveled playing a thief.
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-09-22 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats on getting to the (endgame) Granny, you had more perseverance than I could, Id like to watch a vid of this Orr that I was told during betas was going to be epic Dynamic events.

Actually, I think my endgame in every mmos was drinking beers with my friends on TS or Ventrilo and do wtf we wanted in the world.

For the first time I have experienced WvWvW and I must say I am dismayed and disappointed, also lost. My fps is low as possible, like 3-5 and I am clueless and dunno what to do and where, even thought I read all the guides etc. Back in the days when I was playing WAR and WoW PvP, I remember that I knew what to do and where and what in the first seconds, so I was quickly getting used to what and where and I had fun as soon as I've started. In GW2? My fun ended after reaching 10 rank sPvP. PVE? I hate hard and long duels with mobs, waste of time. I only liked such pve once, in Entropia Universe, becasue I knew what hard mob can have in loot and how much money was that stuff worth.
    So I am even more not enjoying the endgame in GW2...sorry ANET.

I was clueless about where and what gear, I am clueless now in case of WvWvW. Are games evolving and I am used to old simple ways or GW2 is just badly designed?

UPDATE: changed confused with clueless because its approporiate word for my feedback.

As a player driven by fun backed up with progress, I admit that GW2 is not for me.
    Also as a player driven by money (Entropia Universe player for 7 years, stopped 2 years ago), I admit that I prefer D3 (too bad I can't play on US realm to sell stuff).
    GW2 has a beautiful world, it has nice combat, but I prefer WoW/WAR combat, because it requires less attention and I am less tired of it after long fights.

as one song goes "I am done with it, done with it, sooo done with it" or smth, I am done with GW2.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-09-22 at 08:09 AM.

Big problem is Orr is the ugliest and most boring area in the game and you have to stay there forever.

I am not sure Anet know what they are doing with end game. So far its been a letdown.

Deleted
    Funny thing is Anets anti botting system only fucks it up for regular people hahahaha. The botters already found a way past it and are much more efficient in farming, exploiters also have won.

Summary of Gw2: Exploiters and botters win and the real people(the bread and butter of any game) are the one losing everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if you have been leveling with a group the whole time or what but I would totally disagree. I mean just today in Bloodtide Coast I had to know when to dodge at the right time. I had to think about which abilites I would use or I would get killed if I used the wrong ones. I honestly have never had so much fun with an mmo combat system. To be fair though I am under leveled playing a thief.
    I'm an Elementalist, the squishiest class of all. You know how I operate?

Endgame combat 101

1. Gear choice
    Toughness / Vitality / condition damage / Power /Precision (That would be the "Knight" and "Foul" gear choices). 2 Pieces knight with toughness, 4 pieces foul with vitality. I have allocated roughly 1/3rd of my stat budget to survival that way with Toughness to vitality at a 1 : 2 ratio.

2. Traits
    30 Fire, 20 earth, 10 Water, 10 arcane. Use what you see fit to improve damage, just be sure to trait earth armor (-33% damage @50% HP) and dispel upon water attune. Arcane shield is also nice.

3. Utility skills:
    Self healing: Healing seed
    Utility: Dispel flame AoE thingy, both elementals, and glyph of storms.

4 Combat:
    Normal mobs: Pull 2. Ideally pull with fire staff 3 to apply burning condition. DO NOT MOVE. Let the mob get into position then place fire staff 2 below his feet. By the time the cooldown is ready, both mobs should be at 50% HP, as should you. Now pop healing seed and finish them off. IGNORE any special attacks. Yes even the ones from the big guys that knock you down. It's irrelevant. DoTs will tick them down while you're lying there looking helpless. (Nothing is more fun as lying there he wants to do a power attack and just falls over due to DoTs ^_^ )
    Congrats you won. Loot and let your HP regenerate.

Veterans: Depends on the type. If it's a caster, just pop both fire elementals and burn him down fast. Use healing seed to heal you and the eles. If it's a melee switch to earth, pop the big elemental, stay in earth (elemental will tank for you) and nuke him with earth staff 2. Make sure to use on cooldown and stack bleed.

Champions: I really wouldn't do those solo. If you manage to get their attention though DO NOT RUN! Stay there get one normal hit (make sure it's not a power attack you need to dodge those) then dodge and run around in SMALL circles. Give your group a chance to do damage to the guy. (Nothing is more annoying if some moron runs huuuge circles and the mob is constantly on the run)

Yeah. GW2s combat is mindnumbingly easy if you gear your character correctly. Of course all the superheroes who build glass cannon chars think it's super hard and challenging because they are almost one hit.

I leveled completely solo. Only thing to watch out for: Instant respawn and aggro range. And other players of course. I really hate it that if some dude runs close by me the mobs STOP following the dude, HIT ME and he just keeps running away. I mean W T F?!
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-09-22 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Between that and the bannings over every little thing...I log in every day expecting to be banned because I did something that I "should have known" was wrong. Like vendored something in my bag that wasn't supposed to have a sale price, or I did an event twice that happened to have a respawn time that was too fast, or gathered a copper ore node that had four ticks instead of three.
    Yeah right. I am sure you will get banned for that Misinformation and lies spread by banned people are taking the toll I guess.

I dunno...most mobs can't even land hits on you as long as you're moving. The only melee mobs that are threatening at all generally are fast moving mobs with quick attacks. Everything else moves and attacks too slowly to keep up with even simple movements. The combat system is something else that I intentionally try NOT to do too well at, because I don't want A.Net deciding that taking 0 damage from most mobs by simply moving is also an "exploit".
    Except reducing damage by moving is the intentional design and not a bug. It worked like that for years in GW1 and is simply more so necessary in a game without holy trinity. Just becouse WoW uses the system that doesnt allow you to mitigate damage by moving (if a mob is not slower from you) does not mean every other MMO must be same.

I...what....WoW?...how did....

Seriously, how does every topic end up being like this?
    I dont know. Becouse WoW is one prominent MMO where you cant reduce damage by moving. And then you complain that you CAN reduce damage by moving? Works by association.

He cannot be 2 manned. It's impossible.
    It is very possible, the mind control is broken by LoS, so just one of you tank him behind a pillar and the other stand behind the pillar = no mind control whatsoever.

snip
    I can see your point, most of my gear comes from karma vendors because I sell every drop on the trading post. I guess it is really hard for me to judge the combat when I haven't been messing with stats much. Nonetheless I have been having a great time playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it is really hard for me to judge the combat when I haven't been messing with stats much
    To be quite honest: I was surprised how much of an impact putting tough and vit onto my gear had. I went from "near one hit wonder" to "lol me can tank stuffz!". ^^
    My friend played GW1 and he gave me the tip that glass cannon is not recommended.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the poll is pretty close, and the sample size isn't super big, but with more people saying no I hope something is added to spice things up (not necessarily raids before someone jump me). Although with recent ANet comments I'm not so sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little update, seems like Anet is listening to their players.

Q - I looked around and didn’t find the answer of the following question :
    Why are the dungeon tokens Soulbound ?
    Just for a storage perspective it doesn’t make sense

A - I agree.

Seriously though this change is coming.

Jon

Q - Jon could we also get the costs of items down a couple 100 tokens please?

A - You asked so nicely, but how about we just give out more tokens instead?

This is good stuff, there's quite a few changes they are making to them game in the next few patches. I'm actually getting excited, I'm going to wait until these fixes and changes are in place before logging in again, so I can really enjoy the max level.