Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Really enjoy the leveling experience, but not the 'end game', or WvW, pity

Nope, already quit.

Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 -- Biggest gaming disappointments for me in the last 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    This is good stuff, there's quite a few changes they are making to them game in the next few patches. I'm actually getting excited, I'm going to wait until these fixes and changes are in place before logging in again, so I can really enjoy the max level.
    Good to read. After all, even counting headstart, GW2 isn't a month old yet. We'll see where they go with it.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Hi every 1 ,,,

i did read some subjects here from time tell i deside to reg. here

this is my first post and i would try be fast <3

first of all i would thx all players who add like this subject , and pls forive me if my english is bad cus it is my second language <3

what was gw2 for me? it was a game that i had been waiting around 5 years and i was so so exicited about this game i even make many friends come to gw2 or intresting to try it ( i even help some of them with payment by my card )

any way the game is lanuched now and we try it in beta and when it lanuch , so what is happen?

i am dispointed and i never never feel that i lost my money on a worthless game ,,, i am an old gamer and i have buy manyyy conoslt games and some pc games ,, i am not new in games beacuse i did play from old consolt like first nintendo tell that keyboard conoslt ( i think it called atari ) , sega - ps1-ps2- etc

this game is realy bad , and it is not a revoltion as we expect ,, it takes MMO backsteps
    unfortanly i am still scared beacuse this media and lights help Anet in selling without even showing the full content
    we was expecting good game , good content and the most importnat thing is quilty !

the quilty in this game is like a shadow

they just did the same crap other company did with adding some action part that make player at begging say ( omg omg omg gw2 <3 )

i am sry guys if my words did not feet some fanboys or people who like this game

actually i do not have problem if a person love this game , i am happy for him but i am talking as MMORPG player and old gamer and this is my opinion

i even think this game is not full RPG ,, it is just mixed and make u lost some time u think it is 2 style game in one as LOL and WoW but i tell you what Anet sould did at begging :

1- they make it PVP only just login you find every thing ready for u ( gears - lvl ) and u just do match .

do not hate me but i think it is must part that make people love MMORPG is accomplishment .

what is accomplishment in MMORPG ,
    is like working to have your pvp gears , jewels and weapons

this game is just a crap ,, some people say ( aw well it is skill game ) i say IT IS NOT SKILL GAME i swear to god i have seen skills more than gw2 in Aion and WoW

let us stop here at skill part and i tell u why people feel it is skill game ( even me at begging iw as think it is skill game ) :
    1- the media and light from Anet that telling people GW2 is skills not about gears
    2- when u see that your lvl and gears is same to every one wich mean lvl 80 and same gears
    3- ability that keep players say it is skills

in other hand let me tell u this , what make it realy skill game after we try the pvp ?

srsly?

the number of skills are few and u just keep press skills tell your foe loss hp and what ? Aion have much better than gw2 when it come to skills ability and kiting your foe

i am not try compared aion or wow to gw2 no gw2 guys

i am just say We were tricked , we expect more from this game cus the media and light make it as the best game ever and it will make the revoltion to the MMORPG games ,

some people still live inside that trick that telling them it is skill game

pls guys try to understand what skill game mean ,, it is a game need you to study your foe and try reflect his movment back in same skill he did - same time ,, not just pressing hearstrik posion ( 1-2-3 )

i Yazeed been playing diffrent mmo games would say it is not that much skill game

when a warrior kills you using a skill with a gun that mean he hit you from far that mean u give him abiltiy to kill a ranger who basde on RNG ! and try to kite you

i will not go deep on calss problems beacuse i think we need a big section to talk about class problems and ability but let me tell you this guys

Anet did take advantage of that they will intrduce a game for fun a game did nott required u to work for your gears and pvp stuff

they say it is skilled base and i say again it is not that much skilled game

other game got skills better than gw2

i know some people will be mad at me , but as i said this is my opinion and i ask you guys and girls

just try understand my points without been a blind fanboy

we are a gammers 2 , and we test this game with enough time

i would say again , i am afriad about what will happen in future for mmorpg game

lets see what Anet write on the website and i will write it now as in meaning ( if you are MMORPG player we advise you to try gw2 and if you are not MMORPG player then we also advise you to try gw2 ) !!

get this from me ,, i did see that happen b4 in other games when they target other players who like fps or any other type of games

i did see Resdient evil become and action game and how far they try did as CoD in the version racoon city on ps3

the president of capcom say the harror games is weak marking ,, and action games as CoD style have huge fans !

my point is , if capcom want action game then just make action game with diffrent new seruis name but i think they want a RE name on the box

any way

gw2 is B2P that make it cool for people

i am 100% sure if this game p2p you will find many people canceling subs

Anet did win at the end ,, they sell many copies

marking + high light what make must people intresting in this game , i did see manyyy players not even MMORPG players buy cd keys just beacuse they see the youtube or what ever and say omg omg so so amazing i love this game

i will say the true even me i did expect much and more from Anet .. 5 years to creat this game and the result was suck

i would give Anet 10/10 on one thing only , is marking by media

peac
    Last edited by Yazeed; 2012-09-24 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Yazeed, Bad troll, 0/10.
    - Skill is not equal to gear grind. Gear grind is not equal to accomplishment.

PS: I'm enjoying my game. I have alts and friends who I play with.

Entire video is about PVP. He'd just as well be talking about any run-of-the-mill action game.

Could have just said, "GW2 is more twitch based than stat driven MMOs."

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Yazeed, Bad troll, 0/10.

Too much emphasis on PvP. Where's the PvE? I'd rather play League of Legends or FPS if I wanted 'PvP' as it can never be balanced too much in MMOs. This doesn't excite me in GW2.

A MMO should be about the complete package, that doesn't underlook everything else. I loved wvw for a while, but it all turned into a clusterfest pretty quickly. I have a level 50 at rank 15 in pvp and a lvl 30 alt, and I'm already very bored of it.

Perhaps the game isn't for me, but one thing is for sure, I have played it to a level that a lot of others who generalize have not. A MMO should also focus on PvE and the gameplay, and I gave a big thumbs up to Arenanet for leveling scene, but the end-game is too repetitive. Sure, you could say that for WoW, but WoW has focuses on both aspects of PvP and PvE.

Just for the record, I've also played Rift for 6 months and Aion for 3 months when I decided to take a break from WoW. It's safe to say that the game is slowly declining is nowhere near as populated as it is before.

Yazeed, Bad troll, 0/10.

Iryne , idk if you are srs about this video or jking !

realy u call that a skills ?

avoid - dug ?

well bro go see this video again and see how that person keep press 1 must of the time to hit his foe and about avoiding or what he call it

i see a weakness in this part and btw it is not new

other games got better , avoiding + kiting + keep the righ right distance all those thing are founded in other MMORPG games

tera got better combat system than gw2 does ,, and also tera got that avoiding part lol

i did say it in my first post and i would say it again ,, try to understand what skills game realy mean

dudg and avoiding does not make it full skill game ,, when we talk about skills we talk about time to practice to study your foe and become better and better with time even if it takes player months or years

Deleted
    Yazeed, I do not waste any more of my time about replying to you. Btw, your English is fine when you are replying to "Thread: Should I get Guild Wars 2 or Mists of Pandaria?".

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I think the biggest misconception that people have when they talk about "traditional MMO Endgame" is the idea that it's about the gear grind. It certainly gets repeated around here enough. I wish I could get people to believe that it really isn't, it's about the content.

Hell, I started Tier 11 Heroic raiding in mostly blues and ended it still wearing mostly normal mode gear, one blue item, and a level 80 craftable alchemy trinket. Still managed to rank on WoL for most fights, including a US top 40 Heroic Al'akir 25 kill. (Loved and hated that fight. =D )

Most raiders you talk to will tell you that when it comes to raiding, it's about the content. You'll hear, "Get gear to raid, not raid to get gear" a lot.

I don't care whether or not GW2 has a gear grind. I don't know how many times it'll take before this sinks in and people stop attributing that position to me (and other "raiders"). All I care about is the content, I want to be challenged.
    You are right, I said gear grind when I really meant: Skinner box is not equal to accomplishment (for me... anymore).

I actually wrote about this when we were still pondering what GW2 will bring and what will be different in it.
    This is actually really interesting topic:
    Skinner box, interval reinforcement
    A psychologist Burrhus Frederic Skinner decided to put a mouse inside of a box. This box contained a lever which the mouse could press to open a closed compartment, revealing food. The mouse would then be conditioned to expect food after pressing the lever. This is known in Skinnerian psychology as continuous reinforcement.

Skinner decided to start rewarding the mouse's efforts only part of the time (this is known as interval reinforcement). He found that the mouse would keep pressing the lever until it got food, no matter how long it took. Skinner staggered the interval distances more and more, but the mouse pressed on.

Gaming
    Video games in the old days tended to be short and fun experiences to pass the time. Since games were inherently fun, people would beat them and restart them countless times, just for the heck of it. Unfortunately, online games started becoming more popular. Some online games are little more than clones of established classics such as Tetris and Space Invaders, there are some others that exist in a persistent virtual world (MMO Games or more casual ones like Farmville).

The inclusion of a persistent world forced video game developers to find a way to keep their community playing the game as long as possible between content updates. So, the video game companies started doing psychology research. They realized that all they had to do to get people to play their games for life (or at least a very long time) was bait them, much like how Skinner baited the mouse into mindlessly pressing that lever.

Why Make An Addictive Game?
    The reason is quite simple. In the course of their research video game companies realized that, no matter how fun you make a game, once the fun is over gamers will stop playing and go on to another game. In most genres, this doesn't matter as that person has already purchased a copy of the game and there are no upkeep costs or added benefits for the company in question. For online games, there are additional considerations of bandwidth and constant content updates to keep the virtual world fresh and vibrant for the player community. Thus, it's in these companies' best interests to get people to pay for their game on a continued basis.

How to Create Addictive Games
    All video games created to be addictive share several traits:
    A reward system that slows down over time. The most common system is the level system, where it takes more and more experience points to get new levels. Zynga's Farmville has crops that take longer and longer to harvest.
    An end goal that is eventually replaced with another end goal, ad infinitum. The creation of new dungeons in World of Warcraft defines this trait.
    A reason to be addictive. I haven't seen an intentionally addictive game that wasn't made that way to make money. Monetization is the name of the game here.
    Repetitive gameplay to the point that it's not fun anymore. The companies are banking on the game being so addicting that you won't care.

The worst part is that these companies don't have any passion for video game development. All they are looking at is the bottom line and how much more money they can milk out of a game or a franchise. While video games have always been a business, at least before there was passion involved.

Also watch this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/epi...he-skinner-box

I hope that ArenaNet can keep their mind and don't start to be greedy. Note NCSoft the funding company that ofc wants money out of it's investment. Shortly:
    - ArenaNet is a video game developer (currently creating GW2)
    - NCsoft is a developer and publisher of online computer games (funding GW2)

I haven't played enough GW2 to say will I get addicted to collect everything or can I just play for fun.
    Sorry for off-topic.
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-09-24 at 02:19 PM. Reason: typos D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Entire video is about PVP. He'd just as well be talking about any run-of-the-mill action game.

Could have just said, "GW2 is more twitch based than stat driven MMOs."
    This is pretty much what i got from that too, problem is that the pvp feels "flat" to me and just repetative and with pvp i mean the actual combat, since there is no real goal to work towards on the whole. The actual fights are far from satisfying as they are so slow and in some fights it feels to me like i might as well watch TV while im trying to bash dowa generic defensive geared and specced character#2153 to make a flag change colour.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my time spent in GW1 I am alright with the way things are going. I also am an alt-a-holic so I have plenty to work on and keep me busy (almost done with second 80)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trist of PTX View Post
    From my time spent in GW1 I am alright with the way things are going. I also am an alt-a-holic so I have plenty to work on and keep me busy (almost done with second 80)
    Wow, I've got almost 180 hours in and rerolled about all my toons looking for just the right "look." Need to reroll my ranger to a female still. I've got a long way to go before cap.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Online games are like drugs...those who make the most addictive one hits the jackpot. Blizz is the only one that mastered it so far. Some try to do the same, but for example ToR has performance problems, but all other mmos have one big defect: thier interface is not as reponsible as in wow. While I find WoW outdated and won't play it anymore, I still find it's fight mechanic to be easier and more convenient than in GW2.

If ANET will focus too much on the fun factor and get rid of addictive factors, then population will decrease in time until expansion comes.
    When u step aside and look at wow etc, u will see that it is really pointless to waste tons of hours to get gear, stats, etc. Because its a damn virtual reallity, computer program made by others, who just put this and this and ppl mindlessly follow them thinking that it's fun. But GW2 doesn't have such traps, it has just fun. Well, mmo's were always about rewards. Even MOBA games are rewarding players with new champions/higher rank/more points to spend on smth etc. U play online game because of the reward and competition system. At least 90% of u.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-09-25 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's almost like people are afraid of the idea that people play "other MMO's" and actually have fun. Believe it or not, people do indeed have fun in MMO's and other online games, and they don't run around all panicked and sweaty, shouting, "OMG I NEED LOOT! SOMEONE, QUICK! JUST A LITTLE HIT, PLEEEEEASE!!"
    I have only focused on the main aspects, where I wrote that they all run around panicking "OMG LOOT, FAST, GEAR!"?
    Blizz and not only them, has an departament that is gathering all the data they have, all trends + some psychologic guys and they all sit down and decide what will be the best to keep ppl busy, what baits they need, what is appealing, etc. Nowdays MMO's are serious business, not a "lets make this game, its fun, ppl will love it". Nowdays there are investors who only care about money, income, they don't care that some ppl will just die because they played too much. As long as their feats will inspire others to play (like Paragon and other guilds inspire some to raid etc) they are happy.
    And u have community managers who talk with u on the forum and PR + marketing + CM and they all made a special code "how, what, when" we tell to the players about changes, games, everything.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-09-25 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I've got almost 180 hours in and rerolled about all my toons looking for just the right "look."
    Heh. That's why I'm usually an eternity on my character creation screen. So I don't make mistakes. If I do, well that's still my character and it gets incorporated into the RP as a trait she doesn't like about herself.

My little Mya is now completely exotic. Age: 117hrs in 28 days.
    4hrs a day.. heh writing ones thesis gives a little free time I guess.

PS: l just realized you have more playtime than me \o/
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-09-25 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    And u have community managers who talk with u on the forum and PR + marketing + CM and they all made a special code "how, what, when" we tell to the players about changes, games, everything.
    Isn't that a good thing? I don't really like WoW anymore, and I'm pretty annoyed with Blizzard, in terms of what they've done to WoW, but I will always give them credit for being good at communicating with the playerbase

Other MMOs I've played only had developer interaction for a few weeks, then they would only really communicate with the players when big updates were coming
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

If you aren't playing GW2 for fun then you aren't going to enjoy it. It's about the story, the environment, and the sense of completion and achievement. It's not about keeping you going for years on end, it isn't a sub-based game. I said early on that it plays more like a single-player game in that once you complete what YOU want to do, you are pretty much done. There isn't a ton of large-scale group content that you have to repeat over and over to get the full benefit of the game. That really is all there is to it. Just play it because you enjoy it. If you don't enjoy it, play something else. Have fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    If you aren't playing GW2 for fun then you aren't going to enjoy it. It's about the story, the environment, and the sense of completion and achievement. It's not about keeping you going for years on end
    Glad somebody gets it!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I'm kinda torn on it. On one side I feel that the PvP is very well done and have (mostly) a lot of fun doing that. On the other side dungeons feel very badly thought out and are just getting more and more frustrating to me lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    I'm kinda torn on it. On one side I feel that the PvP is very well done and have (mostly) a lot of fun doing that. On the other side dungeons feel very badly thought out and are just getting more and more frustrating to me lately.
    100% agree with you, the dungeons are some of the worst i've played and it's a shame to day how much i enjoyed levelling, i enjoyed completing the map, i enjoy pvp but i cannot stand the state of the dungeons at the minute.