@Lysah It was hilarious that you lived no matter what I pulled out against you. I just couldn't get you lynched, I have literally seen you get lynched for not doing anything, and here I come with a mountain of reasons and everyone is like "Eh"

Virothe: You should have accused Lysah of being a cop :P
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    It's the third game this happens. After the first time I posted that "a view on cops" article, to get people to investigate players that are ... well, you know. Interesting. If I play super-pro-town, then I will be dead, making the investigation of me wasted. If I play super-anti-town, then I will be lynched anyway. Again making the investigation wasted. Look at the ones inbetween! Makes for more meaningful investigations.

I really want a rocket launcher.
    On top of that, try to investigate not only players who are hard to read, but investigate players who you anticipate will make it to late game. If you get a guilty on someone, but another scum team kills them, that investigation was essentially wasted.

I have several qualifiers I try to go through when I investigate.

1. Target will survive until endgame.
    2. Target appears to not be either pro or anti town.
    3. Target is influential in the Day thread (so figuring out their affiliation will mean more).
    4. Target without a guilty investigation will be hard to lynch if scum.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    On top of that, try to investigate not only players who are hard to read, but investigate players who you anticipate will make it to late game. If you get a guilty on someone, but another scum team kills them, that investigation was essentially wasted.

I have several qualifiers I try to go through when I investigate.

1. Target will survive until endgame.
    2. Target appears to not be either pro or anti town.
    3. Target is influential in the Day thread (so figuring out their affiliation will mean more).
    4. Target without a guilty investigation will be hard to lynch if scum.
    Hey point 1 and 2 follow me almost in all games! Part 4 only if I am scum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Hey point 1 and 2 follow me almost in all games! Part 4 only if I am scum!
    Correct, you're actually a pretty decent investigation target in most games, but you lack in Part 3 because you're not extremely active, so you'd likely fall pretty far in my priority of investigations for it.

Something.

deca you think you can lynch me?!?! TRYYY ITTTT

10+ Year Old Account

Something.

ohhhhh no you just did not.

Also i knew you were batman, and if i was playing for the mafia I would have outed you. If I remember right you were the only one neve ron the list of people to kill...
    Also i killed the mafia GF in that game for you too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    ohhhhh no you just did not.

Also i knew you were batman, and if i was playing for the mafia I would have outed you. If I remember right you were the only one neve ron the list of people to kill...
    Also i killed the mafia GF in that game for you too.
    Oh yes I did!

That's how I knew you were the Riddler. I figured it wasn't a big deal if people knew I was Batman or not, because even if scum knew, they'd have to waste 3 NKs on me, and given that I had really low confidence in my abilities (which were justified, if you observe the end of the game) so I thought it would easily be worth the trade.

I know you did, but I still wasn't convinced you were survivor because everyone had claimed survivor and I thought that someone who's entire role revolved around kills would not be a survivor.

Something.

butt.. I only wanted to show people how good i was at riddles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    butt.. I only wanted to show people how good i was at riddles.
    I know, I know. I regret your death, you were only trying to have fun with riddles!

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Fascinating. So you tracked Danner, I tracked Danner, and Krayzy chose to do whatever it was to Danner as well, all on night one. Danner is this game's lightning rod it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

That's definitely true. Had you not done so, we would have started killing and recruiting simultaneously and probably would've won.
    I didn't target Danner.

I targeted Anakso night 1 and then Dyra night 2.

I found 2 male traitors right away but Anakso was killed night 1 and Robo tracked me to Dyra night 2. So, I had 2 positive hits, but couldn't recruit either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I didn't target Danner.

I targeted Anakso night 1 and then Dyra night 2.

I found 2 male traitors right away but Anakso was killed night 1 and Robo tracked me to Dyra night 2. So, I had 2 positive hits, but couldn't recruit either.
    Oops, my bad. You went to Anakso N1. I knew that, my ability showed me who a person visited every night. That I imagine would have really sucked for you guys if after some recruits I targeted your recruiter. I'd have been able to pick apart every one of your recruits that way. I'm a little sick, my brain isn't working right. I even thought about how different it would've been if we had tracked you n1 instead of Danner, like I had initially suggested.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of illness...I'm going to bd early tonight in hopes of getting better. Night everybody!

Starting Thursday this week (7th) I'll be out of town working until the 30th (with the exception of a few days somewhere in between there) so I'll be missing from all the action for a while. So ElyPop, get yourself ready to not postpone modding after Greeney's game as I don't know if I'll be home in time to start and have it prepared.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread Christmas game is planned to start sometime between the 18th and 23rd (December) and go on for a fixed amount of days like the last one (depending how long games Greeney and ElyPop makes it might fit well in time). Same functionality as last game with rather short nights (might drop it from last game's 18 hours to 12 hours) and that the order of night actions are based on the time they are posted (and no Worgen, I won't allow posting night actions before night and having them first in line, calm down already ). Official title of the game will be something with "return of santa" or similar. I'm still debating with myself on closed, semi-closed or open setup for the game. Either way, I intend roles (with the exception of santa) to be classic and familiar to most if not all players.

Ohh and I'm looking for a non-European who do not celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve (I think it's only Vikings (i.e. people from Nordic countries ) and Germans who do that anyway so shouldn't be a problem, hmm... actually some countries on the Balkans as well iirc who celebrate it in January, but still in Europe...) so as to have someone looking after the game while I'm enjoying myself with family and gaining some weight by eating way to much food to be healthy ..

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh and the question I was about to add and ask everyone mid-game but postponed:
    What do you think of having VTs with a win condition with the need of being killed?

Don't only think of this question for a minute and then find the flaw (I know there are more than one flaw), think of it for a bit longer and find what I mean and with a good way to get around it.

What do you think of having VTs with a win condition with the need of being killed?
    Suits me perfectly! :P

To be honest, it's a counterintuitive role. As a VT you may want to soak a night kill, but losing if you don't... feels weird. The best way to die is to be lynched, and to do that you need to be playing seriously anti-town. Which makes it a dilemma - play anti-town and be lynched, or play pro-town and maybe survive. Either way you lose.

It's probably better if you say "must be nightkilled". That would make for a heavy effort required to look town. But, the best way to be nightkilled is to just claim cop. Leading to a counterclaim. Leading to a town loss.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    Starting Thursday this week (7th) I'll be out of town working until the 30th (with the exception of a few days somewhere in between there) so I'll be missing from all the action for a while. So ElyPop, get yourself ready to not postpone modding after Greeney's game as I don't know if I'll be home in time to start and have it prepared.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread Christmas game is planned to start sometime between the 18th and 23rd (December) and go on for a fixed amount of days like the last one (depending how long games Greeney and ElyPop makes it might fit well in time). Same functionality as last game with rather short nights (might drop it from last game's 18 hours to 12 hours) and that the order of night actions are based on the time they are posted (and no Worgen, I won't allow posting night actions before night and having them first in line, calm down already ). Official title of the game will be something with "return of santa" or similar. I'm still debating with myself on closed, semi-closed or open setup for the game. Either way, I intend roles (with the exception of santa) to be classic and familiar to most if not all players.

Ohh and I'm looking for a non-European who do not celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve (I think it's only Vikings (i.e. people from Nordic countries ) and Germans who do that anyway so shouldn't be a problem, hmm... actually some countries on the Balkans as well iirc who celebrate it in January, but still in Europe...) so as to have someone looking after the game while I'm enjoying myself with family and gaining some weight by eating way to much food to be healthy ..

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh and the question I was about to add and ask everyone mid-game but postponed:

Don't only think of this question for a minute and then find the flaw (I know there are more than one flaw), think of it for a bit longer and find what I mean and with a good way to get around it.
    you know what's funny, I actually started to be all like NOW WAIT A MINUTE!!! then saw the bit about calming down and now I'm lol'ing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Suits me perfectly! :P

To be honest, it's a counterintuitive role. As a VT you may want to soak a night kill, but losing if you don't... feels weird. The best way to die is to be lynched, and to do that you need to be playing seriously anti-town. Which makes it a dilemma - play anti-town and be lynched, or play pro-town and maybe survive. Either way you lose.

It's probably better if you say "must be nightkilled". That would make for a heavy effort required to look town. But, the best way to be nightkilled is to just claim cop. Leading to a counterclaim. Leading to a town loss.
    Or play town so strongly that scum have to nightkill you.

Kinda like you danner :P

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think of having VTs with a win condition with the need of being killed?.
    A Town based Jester? Or like a Bodyguard that you can choose to throw yourself in front of the lynch mob to save somebody else?

But yeah I would say you would need to specify night killed so that they're forced to play Town.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    the order of night actions are based on the time they are posted (and no Worgen, I won't allow posting night actions before night and having them first in line, calm down already ).
    I kind of take issue with this. Its more based on timezones then anything else. What if it goes into night at 4am GMT?

Never-less Ill most likely play this Christmas themed game

Deleted
    Well, aside from the numerous flaws with a VT with a death wish, I will say this:
    It would be hilarious as heck to watch. Just to have 12-ish people desperately trying to out-town each other in order to soak up the nightkills and win. Though, as previously mentioned, it would need to be Night Kill based, not lynch based. If being lynched worked, it wouldn't work as a method to cure lurking.

I would personally hate to play the role, though. Playing to die would feel super awkward.