Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    Well, aside from the numerous flaws with a VT with a death wish, I will say this:
    It would be hilarious as heck to watch. Just to have 12-ish people desperately trying to out-town each other in order to soak up the nightkills and win. Though, as previously mentioned, it would need to be Night Kill based, not lynch based. If being lynched worked, it wouldn't work as a method to cure lurking.

I would personally hate to play the role, though. Playing to die would feel super awkward.
    Ah but then at the end of the game you kill all the VTs for surviving till the endgame thereby making them winners
    Or did what Lysah did in the Rainbow game. All traitors won even if they were not recruited (whereas they thought they had to be recruited to win)

But i agree. Itd be hilarious to watch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Ah but then at the end of the game you kill all the VTs for surviving till the endgame thereby making them winners
    Or did what Lysah did in the Rainbow game. All traitors won even if they were not recruited (whereas they thought they had to be recruited to win)

But i agree. Itd be hilarious to watch
    It sure would make claiming VT very dangerous. Imagine a scum thinking he could get away with VT-claiming, only to be promptly lynched, because Town wanted to "help" him.
    Or, essentially make it a fake win-con, and be the nicest bastard mod ever?
    Could work.

10+ Year Old Account
    For an anti-lurker thing, I was thinking something along the lines of "You must post at least as many non-fluff posts as the day number or you will be modkilled and lose even if your faction wins."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    For an anti-lurker thing, I was thinking something along the lines of "You must post at least as many non-fluff posts as the day number or you will be modkilled and lose even if your faction wins."
    I would argue that even that is too little.
    Also, how would you decide what is fluff and what isn't? I may make a post that very much indeed seems like a fluffy joke, but is actually partially a legit thought on the game, or a read of someone. Fluffy rhetorics can be a part of someone's game plan, you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the idea of any anti-lurker rule. Taking away a legit strategy is dumb. The town can take care of it by simply lynching them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I hate the idea of any anti-lurker rule. Taking away a legit strategy is dumb. The town can take care of it by simply lynching them.
    I pretty much agree, and that was the decision I took in the game I hosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    you know what's funny, I actually started to be all like NOW WAIT A MINUTE!!! then saw the bit about calming down and now I'm lol'ing
    I haz imba mind reading skillz that can read minds in ze future

I kind of take issue with this. Its more based on timezones then anything else. What if it goes into night at 4am GMT?
    That's part of the charm with the game. Last year it was that way. The intention was that during holidays people would be doing other stuff than watching MMO-C so I opted for short nights and expected a few missed night actions each night. I don't think there was a single missed night action except I think for Treann one night who iirc misunderstood his role. That was the reason I'm considering shortening night to 12 hours. Last game I think night started a rather different times each night, so sometimes it was to your advantage and sometimes to your disadvantage. I am considering allowing to post night actions before night, BUT (see... there's a "but" Worgen, calm down again ) have those night actions sort in as if posted in the last minute with the first posted coming in last and without the possibility of being changed when night actually has fallen. I'll still be debating this with myself a bit, I would like to see some missed night actions
    The fall of night then also becomes a piece of tactic. If you're a TPR and someone is in hammer range, perhaps it is actually better to hammer so that you can get your night action in early (if would be bad if mafia posted their night action before the doc... right?), but that might make scum think you have a night action and kill you, but then perhaps you're a VT and that was what you wanted scum to think. I guess you see where I'm going.

No! First of all, that is much to far to subjective. I don't want to spend hour upon hour classifying each post on a fluffness scale. And secondly like Krayzy said, lurking is a viable tactic if done right. It's up to the town to take action if they want and see fit. However, when 5 VTs are lurking because they want to survive until the endgame, then that makes for a boring game.

The problem with only having it as night killed is that it might be hard to actually get killed, especially if there are 8-12 of you competing for it, you can't all get NKed. I feel there's to much about the role that is outside of your control then. Options I'm considering are to have it known to the town that ~25 % of the VTs have the condition that they need to die, but they don't know if they themself are one of them or to have a collective win condition for VTs that 50% of their number must be killed in order for them to win. I'm not sure if the latter really will solve the problem as one might just be thinking: "then I'll be among the 50 % who lives".
    The problem with having the lynched part included is as some have pointed out already that you might get some jester-like plays with stupid claims. Add a "if you're counter-claimed for any fake claim you make, you lose" and maybe we're on to something. But then like some pointed out as well, we're into the "ok, I play scummy or just /afk and hope for LaL" and we have a weird or boring game.

I would like to add it into the game in some way, but atm, I don't have a solution to the flaws. In either way, it won't be in the Christmas game. If I find a way, It'll be in my next game which I guess should be up shortly after.

No more legit than parking a striker in the penalty area before offsides were invented or going afk in a LFR. It makes for horrible experience. And expecting town to "take of it" is naive to say the least. Ever wondered why it's so frowned upon on sites like mafiascum and 2+2?

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    No more legit than parking a striker in the penalty area before offsides were invented or going afk in a LFR. It makes for horrible experience. And expecting town to "take of it" is naive to say the least. Ever wondered why it's so frowned upon on sites like mafiascum and 2+2?
    Frowned upon doesnt exactly sound like they have rules against it though. Its frowned upon for the most part here too.

It usually varies from a 24 hours replacement notice to a modkill depending on the mod in question and his mood.

10+ Year Old Account
    when is the next game dammit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I pretty much agree, and that was the decision I took in the game I hosted.
    So much this. In fact I already have a few targets for next game in mind *laughs evilly*

Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    That's part of the charm with the game. Last year it was that way. The intention was that during holidays people would be doing other stuff than watching MMO-C so I opted for short nights and expected a few missed night actions each night. I don't think there was a single missed night action except I think for Treann one night who iirc misunderstood his role. That was the reason I'm considering shortening night to 12 hours. Last game I think night started a rather different times each night, so sometimes it was to your advantage and sometimes to your disadvantage. I am considering allowing to post night actions before night, BUT (see... there's a "but" Worgen, calm down again ) have those night actions sort in as if posted in the last minute with the first posted coming in last and without the possibility of being changed when night actually has fallen. I'll still be debating this with myself a bit, I would like to see some missed night actions
    The fall of night then also becomes a piece of tactic. If you're a TPR and someone is in hammer range, perhaps it is actually better to hammer so that you can get your night action in early (if would be bad if mafia posted their night action before the doc... right?), but that might make scum think you have a night action and kill you, but then perhaps you're a VT and that was what you wanted scum to think. I guess you see where I'm going.
    Hmmm well if its tried and tested and now that you have explained it a bit more I like the sound of it. Count me in santa

Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    No! First of all, that is much to far to subjective. I don't want to spend hour upon hour classifying each post on a fluffness scale. And secondly like Krayzy said, lurking is a viable tactic if done right. It's up to the town to take action if they want and see fit. However, when 5 VTs are lurking because they want to survive until the endgame, then that makes for a boring game.

The problem with only having it as night killed is that it might be hard to actually get killed, especially if there are 8-12 of you competing for it, you can't all get NKed. I feel there's to much about the role that is outside of your control then. Options I'm considering are to have it known to the town that ~25 % of the VTs have the condition that they need to die, but they don't know if they themself are one of them or to have a collective win condition for VTs that 50% of their number must be killed in order for them to win. I'm not sure if the latter really will solve the problem as one might just be thinking: "then I'll be among the 50 % who lives".
    The problem with having the lynched part included is as some have pointed out already that you might get some jester-like plays with stupid claims. Add a "if you're counter-claimed for any fake claim you make, you lose" and maybe we're on to something. But then like some pointed out as well, we're into the "ok, I play scummy or just /afk and hope for LaL" and we have a weird or boring game.

I would like to add it into the game in some way, but atm, I don't have a solution to the flaws. In either way, it won't be in the Christmas game. If I find a way, It'll be in my next game which I guess should be up shortly after.
    I like the idea behind it and I like that you're trying to force people to see that most lurking is bad. Keep up with it! :-) I like the collective option and people who are VT thinking they should survive is silleh. VTs are designed to die.

On a Mafia related note: Has anyone ever thought of making a spreadsheet with mafia player statistics all in one place? Probably focusing on wins/losses/ties etc (kinda like StatCat does). Probably be easier to focus on current players but it could be expanded.

Well unless someone objects, I'll create a sign up for an intermission game then =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I happen to be hosting a forumgame on my multi-gaming-community's forums, which is quite... Different from most other forumgames. On the surface still a mafia/werewolf game, but quite a lot of fun twists and turns, making it quite different. So far incredibly well received.

Was wondering, how long is the queue for people hosting games around here? Considering the fact that I couldn't really get more than 25 sign-ups for the game on my own forums, with some people not being able to keep up with the game too, and it accomodates for quite a bit more, I'd be willing to host this on these forums too, as it could come to full potential here, but from the OP it seems like there's about 5 other people that are in line to host one :P ?

Either way, I would love to know about it, as I think it would work out quite well on these forums, but obviously don't want to blindly/rudely just host it up here. Looking forward to response.

In case it matters, length of the game I estimate to be about 10-25 days and nights, with, depending on how often people check on it and how quickly they submit votes/actions, can be days/nights of up to a week (If it turns out responses here are much quicker, it could of course be cut down to as little as a day for nights and like 2-3 days for days).
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    Most games here last 2 weeks to a few months, iirc. It depends on how it was set up, luck, or how well a particular team plays. In other words, you might be in for a long wait. Sign up now if you're interested.

Greeney also came from another forum and he hosted his game here, most of everyone enjoyed it, and he seems to have become a regular here, I don't think anyone would have objections to you signing up to host a game, it's open to everyone I think.

The links to all the previous games are there, so you can look at them and see if our playstyles would align with how you want your game to be.

- - - Updated - - -

On a Mafia related note: Has anyone ever thought of making a spreadsheet with mafia player statistics all in one place? Probably focusing on wins/losses/ties etc (kinda like StatCat does). Probably be easier to focus on current players but it could be expanded.
    I don't know, I would think it would be really painful for one person to do it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick win/loss/role stats for me:

Game 20 - VT, loss (died)
    Game 21 - VT, win (lived)
    Game 22 - Mason, win (died)
    Game 23 - Batman, loss (died)
    Game 24 - Cop, win (lived)
    Game 25 - Bomb, win (died)
    Game 26 - VT, loss (died)
    Game 27 - VT, loss (died)
    Game 29 - Mafia, loss (died)
    Game 33 - Green Scum, loss (died)

So I've lived through 2 games.

Win/Loss/Tie

4/6/0

I've only lost one game when I've been TPR (game 23) and I've never won as scum.

I also likely have the worst win/loss ratio out of every single player in this game. Partially due to the fact that I've lost 4 in a row.

- - - Updated - - -

I've also probably been killed on N1 or N2 more than everyone else COMBINED.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Was wondering, how long is the queue for people hosting games around here?
    There's a list in the first post of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keleb, if you need a co-mod for your game I'd be available again.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    I don't know, I would think it would be really painful for one person to do it all.
    You say it in the completely wrong way. The right way to say it is: "Dyra, I bet you can't do this faster than me" or something like that, and you have it done in no time

- - - Updated - - -

Keleb, if you need a co-mod for your game I'd be available again.
    First of all for the Christmas game, I won't be doing an awful lot of planning for the "normal" game until the planning for the Christmas game is almost done. If you're up for Christmas game I'll try to write up something short about initial plans for that and send over to you before I leave on Thursday. I'll see if I get the time.

Deleted
    9.-Cop-Win (dead)
    10.-Mafia Goon-Lose (dead)
    11.-Cop-Win (dead)
    12.-Not playing since visiting sister in 'murica
    13.-Mafia (duh, everyone except NFT was Mafia in this one)-Win (dead)
    14.-Mafia-Win (alive!) the game with insane cop and mayor
    15.-Cop-Win (dead)
    16.-Other forums, I remember I was Traitor and won with the town in one and don't remember the other one
    17.-read 16
    18.-Cop-Lose (dead)
    19.-Town Drunk-Win (dead)
    20.-SK-Win (alive!)
    21.-VT (finally)-Win (dead)
    22.-VT-Win (dead)
    23.-Tracker-Lose (dead)
    24.-Traitor/recruited Hyena-Lose (dead)
    25.-Mafia Goon-Lose (dead) Thanks Wass!
    26.-Mods don't play...or do they?
    27.-VT-Lose (dead)
    28.-Cop-Lose (dead)
    29.-Jack-Win (dead)
    30.-SK-Win (alive!)
    31.-See 26
    32.-Was I a VT or Mafia in the end? Bastard game, not counting this.
    33.- Some sort of TPR...I guess?-Lose (dead)

12/13 wins, 8/9 losses

While writing this I remembered we had one game ended in a tie because of mod mistake and I cba look back and find which I marked wrong. Either way, I got about 60% win ratio, 100% on SK (with a sample size as big as 2!), 5 Cop games (gotten Cop 6 times but 9 was re-done and I got Cop again) and only been VT couple times. I've also lived till the end of game 3 times out of 21 games