Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I want to be a serial killer one game. I think I could do it.
    I'd out myself by killing off all the lurkers...

Quote Originally Posted by mercychan View Post
    i have a 13ish player game ready unless someone else wants to go next
    signups wouldnt start until maybe late tomorrow so people can keep talking about listos game
    ooh bby give me a good role.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    that sounds more like @Marack
    The penis that kills... and not with a VD
    Listo throws the Blue Shell and it zooms off and targets the person who is currently in the lead (after post alterations for items already used).......It speeds ahead before boomeranging around and hitting....Listo! Listo has lost 10 posts this game day!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    I'd out myself by killing off all the lurkers...
    Just like in real life?
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

I’m in the process of constructing a rule set but it’ll be a while before it’s ready. Want to ensure a repeat of the stars aligning for the game ending N1 doesn’t happen again

Though one day I’d like to run a game that starts with N0 (won’t be the current plan though)

So anyone with a game? If not I can run something I guess

depends if u want me to riot now or later

Quote Originally Posted by mercychan View Post
    depends if u want me to riot now or later
    How did the "game thread or riot" meme come about, anyway?

Thread game or riot

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Riot Game or Thread....

P.S. @Lora are you doing ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    Riot Game or Thread....

P.S. @Lora are you doing ok?
    very much not so.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean idk if i told you guys about ohio or not but i got bel aired there to live with my aunt early this year on the premise it was a vacation after nearly dying in a head on collision for the 2nd time in my life in december and she ended up dying in front of me in february. im back in my home state but im living with a friend and his parents and am still suffering hardcore with my depression and ptsd and am on disability/stamps not in college or working and hating every single second of existence. have not been sleeping more than 4 hours at a time, have been having nightmares and false awakenings. been constantly grief puking but got sick last week and started puking up dark red blood so that was a fun trip to the ER for 8 hours for them to basically tell me to go fuck myself since they didnt tell me what was wrong with me. life is an absolute perpetual shit show. life sucks. was my birthday last week and i did nothing bc poor and no ride. livin' the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

@Lora, you need a hug.

--

For the last few weeks I have been on vacation. Which means I have not been able to be online much if at all (murphys law: absolutely every camping on the trip site had wifi, but every camping site somehow managed to not cover the location where I was sleeping).

So, I have been coding. A new rolecard builder. This one is client-side only, and makes the styles a separate thing ... that you ideally never need to touch unless you want to and feel like going full CSS. I hated how the old rolecards constantly ended up needing manual style hacking; this is ideally no longer needed.

Consider this is an early beta; it will likely have many bugs. And as such I ask - anyone feeling bored and eager to bugtest?
    Basically: break it as much as you can. But let me know which data broke it.

https://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~andreasd/ma...card_builder2/
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    @Lora, you need a hug.

--

For the last few weeks I have been on vacation. Which means I have not been able to be online much if at all (murphys law: absolutely every camping on the trip site had wifi, but every camping site somehow managed to not cover the location where I was sleeping).

So, I have been coding. A new rolecard builder. This one is client-side only, and makes the styles a separate thing ... that you ideally never need to touch unless you want to and feel like going full CSS. I hated how the old rolecards constantly ended up needing manual style hacking; this is ideally no longer needed.

Consider this is an early beta; it will likely have many bugs. And as such I ask - anyone feeling bored and eager to bugtest?
    Basically: break it as much as you can. But let me know which data broke it.

https://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~andreasd/ma...card_builder2/
    So how would change color of text? Also move an image to say the right side of it?

- - - Updated - - -

Also noticed that if you try to bold multiple words on the same line it will do everything between the first and last *.

- - - Updated - - -

Example, I'm just trying to recreate my butler role card and this line comes out like this

Defeat the *Unseen* or *Cult*, and any *neutrals* that seek to do you harm.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    So how would change color of text? Also move an image to say the right side of it?
    All handled under the style section.

Think of every line as an HTML tag, nested under the parent line. Each of those lines can have styles.

Sample Rolecard
    Code:
    ###
     [RIGHT:http://www.pvv.org/~andreasd/mafia/rolecard_builder2/dagger.png,32,32] This is text and an image floats to the right of it. Feel free to add Lorem Ipsum test until you are satisfied about the wonders of right-facing images.
    Sample Style:
    Code:
    [
      {
        "action": "block",
        "regex": "^###(.*)",
        "replace": "$1",
        "style": "width: 670px; border: 1px solid black; background-color: #D3D3FC; 
                  padding: 15px; box-shadow: 2px 2px #bab1bf; background-image: url(http://www.pvv.org/~andreasd/mafia/rolecard_builder2/bokeh.png)",
        "onmouseover": "this.style.backgroundColor='#E3E3FE';",
        "onmouseout": "this.style.backgroundColor='#D3D3FC';"
      },

{  
        "action": "transform",
        "search": "\[RIGHT:(\S*\.png|\S*\.jpg),(\S*),(\S*)\]",
        "replace": "<u style='display:inline-block; float: right; background-image: url($1); width:$2px; height:$3px'></u>" // this works!
      }

]
    - - - Updated - - -

Also noticed that if you try to bold multiple words on the same line it will do everything between the first and last *.
    Doh!

I thought I did a non-greedy regex. It is easy to fix...

Code:
      // *Bold Text*
      // Text immediately inbetween stars turn bold. 
      {
        "action": "transform",
        "search": "\*(\S[^*]*\S)\*",
        "replace": "<b>$1</b>"
      }
    I've updated the default style to have this fix. Your localstorage copy won't have that fix unless you create a new style after refreshing....
    Last edited by Danner; 2019-07-17 at 11:58 PM.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Hmm... So to get the image floating on the right I'd have to make a change to the style sheet? Cause putting the RIGHT in front of the link just removes it from the entire card.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I'm dumb when it comes to stuff like this

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Hmm... So to get the image floating on the right I'd have to make a change to the style sheet? Cause putting the RIGHT in front of the link just removes it from the entire card.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I'm dumb when it comes to stuff like this
    Affirmative.

The idea was that if you want one rolecard with a right-centered image, you likely want MANY rolecards with such a feature. And as such, you want to make a wikitag thing that does just that. The one I created in that example looks like "[RIGHT:http://www.pvv.org/~andreasd/mafia/rolecard_builder2/dagger.png,32,32]". But the power to define it is yours.

Exactly where this right-facing image should be is a bit of a cardstyle-specific thing.

I will admit it is not at all user-friendly to create a new style. I wish it was. I'm basically making it more complicated than HTML here. And I wish I didn't have to (it's all QT's fault for adding all those limits forcing me down that route - I'd be using HTML and CSS otherwise!)

The default style exists, and that was what I expect other people to use. At most I expect people to replace the background color or images

That said: I am happy to extend it to your wishes, or help you make new styles.
    I can add the right-image tag to the default style if you like

Currently playing with making a snazzy zero escape rolecard style. I'm truly lost on the design though

Yeah right now I'm more or less just trying to recreate my ToL game role cards because like I said I do plan to run a game similar to it again in the future. And honestly if I can just create 1 I can usually create them all since at that point it is just replacing the image/text for each card.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally right now it is only the image giving me issues lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I think I finally got it. Image isn't exactly where I'd like it but it works!

- - - Updated - - -

Finally found the line to put it on to get it in the area I want so yay! I should now be able to remake all of my role cards... and make the new ones for the new roles... *shoots self*

You guys need to start killing me earlier in games so that I have time to work on a ruleset. I've got a framework; just working on some mechanics and balance (I don't want a repeat of my last game where town won N1... ooooopssss) so it'll probably be a few days before it's ready.

Danner curious, how does it decide what order to place the role cards made?