I loled at this so much. +1 internets to you greeney

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Greeney - You get Biggs Darklighter now

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    1, 2 and 3 > 4, 5 and 6.

Also, Grievous plx.
    Omg I can't be around you anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen all the movies, read a good deal of the expanded universe books, etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    3 > 4 > 6 > 1 > Twilight > 2 > 5
    Wut? That's like, the exact opposite of mine. xD

(except for the fact that I haven't seen or read Twilight, so I have no opinion on it)

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Wut? That's like, the exact opposite of mine. xD

(except for the fact that I haven't seen or read Twilight, so I have no opinion on it)
    5 bores the living hell out of me. Flying around in space for an hour and a half and the only interesting thing is finding out Vader is Luke's father, which I already knew because the first movie I saw was 6. 1 at least has an interesting fight at the finale that was almost worth the other hour and twenty minutes of crap. I have a girlfriend so I saw the first twilight. It was awful, don't recommend.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be partially because of my political views and my belief that the Empire can only do good for the galaxy, just as long as they get their shit together and actually have leadership , rather than some dude sitting in a chair laughing like a dumbass (in otherwords, have better leaders with better structure without the Emperor and Vader). I was always rooting for the Empire, throughout all the movies. xD

I have a feeling that I'd like Twilight, the target audience often has the same views as me. Not sure I'd like it enough and I'm not sure I care enough to read the books and then watch the movies though.

Something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    Omg I can't be around you anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen all the movies, read a good deal of the expanded universe books, etc etc.
    Have ya read Fate of the Jedi series yet?

I'll be honest, I have never seen any of the star wars/ star trek stuff. and everything people say about them a makes them sound like crap and more crap.

lynch me if you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fox! <3

Even if they aren't the best movies in the world, they're still classics and still something everyone should see.

Well, not so much for Star Trek, a lot of the Star Trek series could've been done a lot better or are low budget (see: TOS styrofoam makes up 100% of all rocks, ship debris, etc)

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fox! <3

Even if they aren't the best movies in the world, they're still classics and still something everyone should see.

Well, not so much for Star Trek, a lot of the Star Trek series could've been done a lot better or are low budget (see: TOS styrofoam makes up 100% of all rocks, ship debris, etc)
    You realize that about 99% of sets on tv and movies (except for permanent sets) are made of Styrofoam, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    You realize that about 99% of sets on tv and movies (except for permanent sets) are made of Styrofoam, right?
    It's not quite as obvious. My point being the props are bad, and the acting isn't much better. I still love it, but that doesn't mean those are fixed.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technology does do wonders.

I'm not even really talking about the actual technology used to make movies (though that helps a ton). I just know that industry real well and I know how faux rocks, faux buildings, etc were made back in the 70's. The differences between then and now is huge.

This is where better acting came into play. Back then better acting and better story lines were needed to sell a movie. Now, you can just have a computer plug in all sorts of explosions and the crappy movie will still make a fortune.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know technology made that much of a difference for props and stuff (I know for special effects and stuff obviously, but still) I always just thought TOS was CRAZY low budget. xD

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know technology made that much of a difference for props and stuff (I know for special effects and stuff obviously, but still) I always just thought TOS was CRAZY low budget. xD
    Lets put it this way.

When I started working for a company in 1998 it took a crew of 8 guys or so about an hour to create a 20 square foot section of carved stone (this was out of concrete and does not include all the time it takes for the concrete to set). It can be done now with one guy operating a machine in far less time. That machine is expensive as hell but it is worth it in the long run.

So in 14 years (14 years where technology was already pretty advanced) the game has changed completely. Just think of the 70's and 80's where there were no computers and where a lot of the stuff done by machine in the 90's was done by hand before that.

He'll back in 2000 or so was the first time I used a machine to do all the carving I needed for a Styrofoam mold. All I did back then was load the CAD drawings into the machine and came back 4 hours later to collect the finished product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I stand corrected then.

TOS still has bad props though. I kind of like it tbh, I dunno why.

^ I like the props as well as the show, I KNOW why I like the show. xD

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I stand corrected then.

TOS still has bad props though. I kind of like it tbh, I dunno why.

^ I like the props as well as the show, I KNOW why I like the show. xD
    I honestly was never a big fan of the original Star Trek movies. I wasn't a fan of the shows either except for DS9.

Outside of Star Wars I wasn't a fan of any sci-fi back then.

10+ Year Old Account

This is a better way to upset nerds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars movies: 5>3>4>6=2>>>>>>Kidney Stone>>>>Twilight=1

3 is ranked so high because it is Awesomely Bad Movie material.

Vader: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Not really, most true Stargate fans didn't even watch Universe.

You hurt my brain almost as much as Universe hurt my brain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Star Wars movies: 5>3>4>6=2>>>>>>Kidney Stone>>>>Twilight=1

3 is ranked so high because it is Awesomely Bad Movie material.

Vader: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I've had kidney stones.

I'll take each and every one of those movies on repeat for 48 hours straight over kidney stones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get the hatred for Stargate Universe. I loved it and enjoyed it, even if I did wish Chloe would die a horrible painful death every time she was on screen.

SG1 is still naturally the best, and Atlantis second still though.

-A few moments later-

Wait... I'm in the Mafia discussion thread....

*roly polys out over to the PvM thread*
    Last edited by Dyra; 2013-07-19 at 09:14 AM.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I was sitting here wondering why you people were rating 2 so low and then I realized what I think of as 2 is actually 5 >< Also funny story, when I was like 5 one of my uncles was babysitting me and we watched the first two of the Star Wars movies (I don't think Return of the Jedi was out on VHS yet at that point). When my mom got home she was all pissed because she thought it was inappropriate, and my uncle's defense was I was too young to understand what was going on anyway. So they asked me which one I like the most. My reply was "the one where Luke gets his hand cut off".

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Not really, most true Stargate fans didn't even watch Universe.
    I can't see Flikr at work but now I am curious what Krayzy linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I really don't get the hatred for Stargate Universe. I loved it and enjoyed it, even if I did wish Chloe would die a horrible painful death every time she was on screen.
    My problem with Universe was because it felt like the producers only made it because someone was like "oh hey guys! Stargate was popular, and BSG was popular... so lets put them together! It'll be amazing!". And my brain still hurts thinking about it. Plus I didn't like any of the characters and wanted them all to die.

So about Mafia... we have a huge waiting list of people to mod. It's awesome but wow