Rest in peace dead accounts. Also hi Graeham II !
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

I think i lost my email as well lol

Glad I was still logged on my account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Thanks for the congratulations.

Also Danner, how 'bout that handball, huh...

@Catta: Do you really want to start this?

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Well, we just speak in the universal language of handball

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Not sure why the Western version of genies is willing to grant three wishes. It's not as if you have 3 souls to trade.
    Right because souls are just so hard to collect.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

It’s beginning to look a lot like... zombies!

7+ Year Old Account
    Brains.....

I think I've worked out my next game but the earliest I could start it is next week since I'll be busy this coming weekend.

I am currently lacking a computer.
    I am also entirely depressed over this fact.

The good thing about my previous Dell laptop was the service deal. They would come to my house and fix it while I was waiting.
    The bad thing about my previous Dell laptop was just about everything else. The HW royally sucked; "what do you mean you want to use the GPU and CPU at the same time? No of course we'll clock down your CPU to 800 MHz if you do that!".

The good thing about my new MSI laptop is the HW. It is extremely good. No problems so far.
    ... well, until there was a problem, of course. The CPU fan isn't supposed to make that noise, and definitively not in a volume that makes my neighbours complain.
    Now it's in repairs, and I might get it back in 6 weeks. If I'm lucky.
    Considering I'd owned it for less than 5 months, I'm not terribly impressed.

Any suggestions to what to do while not on a computer?
    I'm currently spending week days at work, but the weekends are killing me.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Any suggestions to what to do while not on a computer?
    I'm currently spending week days at work, but the weekends are killing me.
    Well if you dont have a computer how do we give you suggestions!? J/K we all know work is like 12% mmo-champ at minimum... >.>

This is why I always keep a few solo-capable new board games around. If I cant go out somewhere or meet up with friends i break out a Mage Knight, or Legendary, or even Robinson Crusoe or Forbidden Island. They play like half puzzles half really slow video games.

I have been having fun building RPG mini figs for my D&D sessions.
    It's fairly simple paper cutouts printed on my printer, and glued to cardboard and given a glossy tape cover.
    Kinda proud of them, honestly. The tiles too, simple as they are.

Of course, without a PC I can no longer operate the printer, which makes that hobby closed off too.

CPU fans aren't that expensive. Unless there was additional damage done to other components (especially the CPU), it would have probably cost less just to replace it yourself, without the hassle of waiting 6 weeks. Granted, I don't know if you have any proficiency with computer hardware or building computers. It can potentially be a scary thing to do if you've never built a PC yourself. But since you've already sent it out, that's not really an option anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps the warranty would have been voided if you did it yourself? I hadn't considered that. Either way, 6 weeks is a rough deal. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    CPU fans aren't that expensive. Unless there was additional damage done to other components (especially the CPU), it would have probably cost less just to replace it yourself, without the hassle of waiting 6 weeks. Granted, I don't know if you have any proficiency with computer hardware or building computers. It can potentially be a scary thing to do if you've never built a PC yourself. But since you've already sent it out, that's not really an option anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps the warranty would have been voided if you did it yourself? I hadn't considered that. Either way, 6 weeks is a rough deal. =/
    It's unfortunately not the cost. Laptop fans are highly customized pieces of plastic. (see two in the first seconds on this video, f.ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lxvmay2tn0).
    You need to order them from the factory. And unless you're a licensed repair service provider (tm) you're simply not getting them. Just like Apple phone repairs, it's a business world made for keeping monopolies, not making life easy for customers.

In Norway, that one repair shop is a company near Oslo. The store I bought the laptop from would have fixed the simple stuff, and are more than qualified to replace a fan or two - but they just can't get their hand on the parts needed. I could (would!) have done it myself as well, but similarly cannot get my hands on spare parts either. So the store I bought it from have to send the laptop to the certified Oslo company, who will shelve the laptop, and in 2.5 weeks time will get around to look at it. And then find that it indeed has a broken fan. Where upon they will order one. The part will be shipped, via shipping container through the Scott Amundsen base in Antartica, and may eventually reach the shop in Oslo. At which point they'll fix it quickly enough. They may even give me the full service by completely wiping my hard drive just to be nice.

As I said earlier, I miss Dell. Their support was amazing. I just wish they'd make decent computers too.

Anyway, if you start seeing a sharp increase in cannibalism incidents happening in Trondheim, that's just me getting a new temp hobby.

I somehow missed the fact it was a laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

Reason 124 that I don't like laptops.

Desktops for the win. Screw laptops with irreplaceable components.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've a desktop and a laptop. When I go out to friends and stay the night there, I usually bring my laptop with me then, for movies, and to game together for a while
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

how dare they delete my account!!! pah

Quote Originally Posted by Strikered View Post
    how dare they delete my account!!! pah
    Me too, had to make a new account because I couldn't remember the password I set up for an email account I made 10 years ago.

A second Cruelle? Not sure if sanity can handle...