Mafia the city of loast heavens

I honestly was not expecting the Finals game to take this long to start, but I've finally got a notice asking me for my schedule. No start time declared yet, but I'll let you guys know when it is.

Holy shit, hasn't this been going on for several months now?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I was expecting the final's game to be over by now, not just barely starting.

There were 11 qualifiers and 2 semi-finals. They had to coordinate games with hundreds of people across the world. The qualifiers alone took almost as long as I expected the whole championship to take.

Fun side note: Unless I'm mistaken, of the 13 games played, mafia won 12. This setup might be a bit skewed.

I survived the move, though my new schedule will take some getting used to. Living next to the ocean is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Fun side note: Unless I'm mistaken, of the 13 games played, mafia won 12. This setup might be a bit skewed.
    I don't get it how town can lose so many games.
    Purely on paper this setup seems really town sided. 4 scum vs 13 town is a lot of town. Also every town is a TPR (with quite limited powers but still TPRs), and town has 4 mislynches in this setup at minimum. If I remember correctly in some games they mislynched 5 town and the game was still going.
    Last edited by SatsuBL; 2019-09-12 at 12:37 PM.

There are, at best, two alignment checks in the game. If one is missing or if one or more are scum, that makes it even fewer. Those alignment checks are 2 out of a pool of up to 17 players (obviously fewer after lynches and night kills). Even if they both confirm town players, there's plenty of time past N4 to kill off those two players. With all abilities ending by N4, it's very unlikely for any abilities to have a substantial impact on the game. At best, a few roles might help partially clear a few other players, or one or more scum will be caught/killed, or one or more NKs will be prevented in that time. Baring a NK being stopped or a scum being caught, all other night actions will likely become subjective and misleading past N4.

In most ideal scenarios there will be at least one scum alive past N4. In the worst case, all of them will still be alive and town is almost guaranteed to lose (surviving mylo/lylo for 4 nights is really hard to do). Even if there's only one scum left past N4, he has absolutely free reign to do as he pleases at night. At that point, he has to just avoid threats during the day and tactfully eliminate threats at night.

In other words, baring exceptional circumstances, these games are only slightly more difficult for scum than a game that doesn't have any TPRs at all.

OI!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    there was someone pretending or being unaware of my gender in a previous game. I'm male

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/me...1Mju/giphy.gif
    Generally, I try to refer to everyone as "they" until corrected.

My Championship Finale Game:

The finale will start on September 30th. It will be 48/24 (day/night) and have an 8 PM EDT EoD.

- - - Updated - - -

The thread link won't be available until the game actually starts. I'll post it at that time.

@Dendrek good luck man! Do us proud!!

Everyone else, the game thread had dropped!

7+ Year Old Account
    Kick ass and don’t bother taking names @Dendrek. You can do it!!!

Mafia Championship Thread is up.

The game hasn't started yet.

Please keep in mind: don't discuss the game in any public space. There should be a private channel on discord for talking about the game. You could also set up a QT, or join the MafiaUniverse Discord channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured I’d ask here before asking somewhere else first. Lately my computer has been taking on average 30 mins to start up after being asleep. What could be causing this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be a long shot, but I had a similar issue and it was related to the "fast startup" feature Windows implemented with Win10. I'm sure there are other things that could cause slow startups, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Might be a long shot, but I had a similar issue and it was related to the "fast startup" feature Windows implemented with Win10. I'm sure there are other things that could cause slow startups, though.
    I’ll look into that when I get home, I think I already tried turning the fast startup off though. Another thing I forgot to mention before. When it eventually starts the edges of my monitor will flicker for a few mins before stopping. There’s also times where it doesn’t start and instead flash between a black screen, blue screen, and a screen with a bunch of colored rectangles.

Sounds like a hardware issue. Something is definitely on its way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Sounds like a hardware issue. Something is definitely on its way out.
    Which part could be causing this though? I’ve honestly no clue.

It's such an open issue that it could have several causes... GPU problem, CPU, motherboard, a ram stick could be gg... the only way to be sure is to run some tests (though maybe a physical inspection could work if it was an overload or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    It's such an open issue that it could have several causes... GPU problem, CPU, motherboard, a ram stick could be gg... the only way to be sure is to run some tests (though maybe a physical inspection could work if it was an overload or something
    What type of tests and how do I do them? lol I just want this solved cause it’s annoying me -.- (Also cause my parents are supposed to get my computer in January)