10+ Year Old Account

Question RE spec specific rewards

Are the rewards set by the spec you had when you took the quest, or when you turn in the quest?

I ask because my druid right now has pertty much only Feral gear, but I want to go back to Balance spec. I was thinking maybe I could swap specs just before turning in a quest to get the Balance reward instead of the Feral. Will this work?
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    Are the rewards set by the spec you had when you took the quest, or when you turn in the quest?

I ask because my druid right now has pertty much only Feral gear, but I want to go back to Balance spec. I was thinking maybe I could swap specs just before turning in a quest to get the Balance reward instead of the Feral. Will this work?
    I thought it was class specific.. ie, you get to choose between retri/holy/prot gear rewards if you are a pally, feral/guardian/resto/blanace if youre a druid etc etc.. if its like you say it will cause lots of issues with re-speccing for quests etc etc.. and be a major PITA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I heard the rewards were spec specific. I also have heard there are vendors where you can get greens of the same ilvl that quests give in each zone to fill in gaps and to gear for off specs, but I'd just rather get the rewards for the spec I want.

Anyone have a listing of those vendors, or even just the name of the one in the 85-86 zone?
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Deleted
    i've leveled my dk to 90 early in september.
    He was in frost spec until 90 ding.

Until Kun'lai summit : All green quest reward was for dps spec. No choice. For all blue quest reward I was able to choose between tank and dps spec.
    Starting from Tonglong : Possible to choose between tank and dps reward for all quests.

I have started to get all blue tank reward since tonglong, and missing slot with green tank reward starting from dreadwaste.

I ended up in 441 ilvl just with tank items rewarded from quest done in frost. Which is sufficient to start heroic dungeon.

It's whatever you turn the quest in as. I tested this earlier. I grabbed a quest as an enh shaman and the quest offered an agi weapon. Before I turned in the quest, I switched to ele and when I went to turn it in it offered 3 different int weapons. The guy who gives gear in Jade Forest is about halfway through the zone and is Singegruff. He gives green 372 gear including rings, trinkets and necks. OP, if I were you, I would save up the money and just level feral until you open the vendor and just buy the full set. It will cost you about 750 gold but will save you from having to switch spec's constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    It's whatever you turn the quest in as. I tested this earlier. I grabbed a quest as an enh shaman and the quest offered an agi weapon. Before I turned in the quest, I switched to ele and when I went to turn it in it offered 3 different int weapons. The guy who gives gear in Jade Forest is about halfway through the zone and is Singegruff. He gives green 372 gear including rings, trinkets and necks. OP, if I were you, I would save up the money and just level feral until you open the vendor and just buy the full set. It will cost you about 750 gold but will save you from having to switch spec's constantly.
    Awsome, just the info i was looking for!