Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    A guy in the same BG with me ate a 375k crit from the same Warlock.
    No. No he did not.

Quote Originally Posted by TTDargor View Post
    actual reduction: 1 - 0.85x0.43 = 63%

all sources of damage reduction (like armor, resil, resistance, abilites) add up multiplicative.
    Otherwise you would be able to reach 100% (or more) damage reduction, which would be stupid
    He also didn't bother to take into account of the Warlock's PvP Power.

@OP: Using damage multipliers, Warlock's could easily reach that. Keep in mind + Crit % ups Chaos Bolt's DAMAGE, so he could have used his +30% cooldown, along with a trinket, Power Torrent/other Int proccs, etc.

Did he have zerking? This shit adds up, yo.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play BM, I can't complain about shit, man up.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    No. No he did not.
    TBH I could see a 375k crit from a chaos bolt happening.

0 resil = 40% base (subtract from whatever the Lock's Power is) and the Warlock having everything pop simultaneously, he could definitely hit it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    That Warlock might crit you for 75k once every minute, but that Mage or BM Hunter is unloading on you with a steady stream of 30-40k crits every few seconds. Go play a Warlock and you'll see that Chaos Bolt is not a problem.
    I have got 28.89% crit unbuffed and 14.3k AP unbuffed. In PvP I hardly ever crit and my arcane shot crits for 9.8k max and hits for 4.9k max according to my recount. I want an ability that can crit for 77k on 71.73% PvP damage reduction too.

After all, it's only once per minute and you can always cc me. Just give me a Chaos Bolt nuke, I don't care if it's a 3 second cast.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    MoP lvl 90 variables on Cata lvl 85 characters. Why bother with threads like this?
    So much this.

pvppower doesn't reduce your opponents resilience. It straight up buffs your damage on players and their pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelot View Post
    Why aren't low level BGs allowed to be balanced? Seems like laziness from Blizzard's part
    First and foremost balance has to be at max lvl, and that is no easy task. When max level is somewhat balanced, then they take some time and try to balance lower lvl stuff, but usually to a much lesser extent, because generally speaking it's not worth the investment to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by TTDargor View Post
    actual reduction: 1 - 0.85x0.43 = 63%

all sources of damage reduction (like armor, resil, resistance, abilites) add up multiplicative.
    Otherwise you would be able to reach 100% (or more) damage reduction, which would be stupid
    No, it's just simple math.

PvP resilience according to tooltip: 56.73%
    AOTIH talent, additive 15%
    =================================
    71.73%

give me one reason or proof it works differently than anything else

ps: the difference between 71 and 63 % damage reduction is about 30% more damage taken.
    It's really important we are using the right numbers here.
    Last edited by TTDargor; 2012-09-14 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Long cast time, cost of a burning ember, damage seems ok. specially since you can interrupt.

You deserved it, I hate alliance pvp hunters
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted

71.73%
    I thought it would of added up to 65.23% reduction

Deleted

71.73%
    No, it does not work like that.

your resi reduces 56.73% incoming damage, AOTIH is 15% on the REMAINING 43.27% which is 6.4905% original damage (15% in pve where you have normally 0% reduction) so really you floating at about 63.2% damage reduction.

BM relies massively on its PET, so yes arcane shot crits 15-16k but then your pet is munching for the same + massive kill command crits. so each ability doesnt hit for jaw dropping numbers but when you spam them in constantly it adds up to a LOT.

If you want a lol shot then wait till 90 get beserking pop all cds and powershot like a freaking hero. 800% wep dmg + 6000 or so agi + 30% flat dmg multiplier HRRNNGGGG.

also you can have as much fun as the rest of us, ooo what that ? a lock popping all cds by a rock casting chaos bolt? i think ill just detterance that, fire it back to him, silence it and then eat his face with cds. OM NOMNOM.

BM can pop BW to get out of a CC munch face, detterance back a load of spells silence their ass whilst this is going on. then if not dead readyness and HERO ONCE MORE BRETHREN!

Stop cryin g :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nellas View Post
    No, it does not work like that.

your resi reduces 56.73% incoming damage, AOTIH is 15% on the REMAINING 43.27% which is 6.4905% original damage (15% in pve where you have normally 0% reduction) so really you floating at about 63.2% damage reduction.
    Tooltip:

REDUCING ALL DAMAGE TAKEN BY 15%.

Looks like you are wrong. I do have 71.73% PvP damage reduction.

Deleted

71.73%
    As explained before it is not an adidtive bonus, it is multiplicative, like most things in wow. This stops people making themselves invincible .

yep, that's what it says and does.

It reduces the damage you would take WITHOUT said aspect by 15%

56.73% resilience equals 43.27% damage damage taken. this 43.27% gets reduced by 15% -> 43.27 x 0.85 = 36.7795 damage taken.

Deleted
    Tooltip:

REDUCING ALL DAMAGE TAKEN BY 15%.

Looks like you are wrong. I do have 71.73% PvP damage reduction.
    so a rogue can be completly immune to physical dmg?
    talented feint = 30% dmg reduction
    glyphed cloak of shadow = 40% dmg reduction in total of 70% and then we just add some pvp resilience and its easly over 100%
    the reason they use multiplyer is to prevent reaching over 100%
    your dmg reduction isnt 71%, they use multiplyer like TTDargor and Nellas said, you are around 63%

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, wait.. You actually LET that warlock cast his 4 second cast time spell?

L2Play nub. Chaos Bolt hits like a truck, but it has a VERY long cast time- The warlock gots to get over 100% haste just to get it to 2 sec cast time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.