Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Chalenge modes will be nerfed

Hi,

just some thoughs i had on the challenge mod to share.

Is it just me that finds it funny that they had to create a new mode for dungeon they called Challenge (with a "GW2 burrowed" concept of gear normalisaion)?

Basically what are the dungeon Challenge mode? they are dificult modes with a timer in order to give good players a hard time.
    What were heroic dungeons at first when they were implemened? They were difficul modes in order to give good players a hard time.

What happened to heroic difficulty? Nerfed due to constant QQ even though it was made to provide a hard challenge. Now they are just normal dungeons with better loot.

So my prediction is that the Challenge modes will keep the whole battle against time concept (which is a clever concept competition tends to really hook people) but that they will be nerfed quite quickly.

Maybe next expansion we will have four difficulties: normal, heroic, challenge and heroic challenge

I dont see any reason to nerf challenge modes since it doesn't give any better loot then heroic dungeons, it is just there for the challenge.

Deleted
    I still find it baffling that heroics and raids are nerfed to this day. If challenge modes get nerfed...blizzard really have lost it. A normalized challenge mode designed to be difficult then a nerf? That's beyond insanely stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically what are the dungeon Challenge mode? they are dificult modes with a timer in order to give good players a hard time, and reward them with vanity gear and a title.
    What were heroic dungeons at first when they were implemened? They were difficult modes in order to give good players a hard time, and rewarding them with better gear (pre-raid epics), double-stat gems, and objectives to get attuned to early raids.
    Fixed that for you. The rewards involved will never warrant a nerf. Your comparison falls shorter than a decapitated gnome.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

It actually gives more valor point (or whatever they are now called) than other modes that alone will drive people to it

edit :
    points which contributes to gearing for raids
    Last edited by Saskali; 2012-09-14 at 11:53 AM.

They've stated challenge modes will not be nerfed, and all gear is normalized when zoning in, so you cannot overgear it. Thus keeping its challenge the same, no matter how many content tiers they may be behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskali View Post
    It actually gives more valor point (or whatever they are now called) than other modes that alone will drive people to it

edit :
    points which contributes to gearing for raids
    The sources for Valor Points are much more numerous in moP than ever, though. If anyone will say "I MUST DO challenge mode to cap my valor!!1" then Blizzard will just go "lolno, get it by doing one of the dozens of other possible things".

The idea behind valor points is basically 'get Valor points while doing stuff you enjoy for the sake of the stuff, not the points'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course challenge modes will get nerfed eventually. lol
    Look! Words!

nope, will not be nerfed...

they are a pefect solution imo.

the game has several good dungeons that we need a reason to re-visit

But best of all and the reason they will not nerf... everything you win is cosmetic !! this is bloody perfect...people can moan as much as they want, not doing the challenges does not effect your gameplay one bit !

So ty blizzard, i have been away for 6 months and actually am now looking forward to the xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic mode got tuned down due to the fact that they supplied people with gear.
    Challenge mode does nothing on that department.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

More than anything normalisation of gear implies that they will be nerfed cause people wont be able to outgear it. When blizzard will look at their number and see that less than 5% people have achieved their dungeons in challenge mod they will raise the nerf bat.

I bet my hand on it. Even though i really love challenges and i look forward to them i can't just concieve them not nerfing again

Chonar
    thanks for the info i didnt know that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelz View Post

But best of all and the reason they will not nerf... everything you win is cosmetic !! this is bloody perfect...people can moan as much as they want, not doing the challenges does not effect your gameplay one bit !

So ty blizzard, i have been away for 6 months and actually am now looking forward to the xpac
    Yes, because, in the history of WoW, Blizzard has never once gone back on its word when it comes to "things we don't plan on changing". lol

I love how people just gobble up everything Blizzard spoon-feeds them.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    I love how people just gobble up everything Blizzard spoon-feeds them.

No need to be overly cynical when the majority of the promises are delivered upon, even if those that arent tend to stick out like a sore thumb.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'mma go respec my dance in the Tempest Keep Studio.

They won't get outright nerfed. They will get adjusted, and sometimes those adjustments might be minor nerfs, but those types of changes will be for the good of the challenge dungeon. Think the nerf to Gotta Go, the achievement for killing Anub'arak within 2 minutes; the old version was an utterly ridiculous DPS race, where certain classes had no hope of achieving it without severely overgearing the encounter. After the nerf, yeah it was made complete faceroll, but the old version was just stupid.

So they'll nerf completely stupid stuff (not to the extent Gotta Go was nerfed though), but it won't be like DS nerfs, or sweeping nerfs to everything across the board. They may even buff some stuff.

So yeah. Calm down. Stop worrying. Challenge modes will remain difficult for the entirety of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So far we only have Blizzard's stance on this.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...nerfed-at-all/

Obviously the moment s.th gets adjusted, people will cry "I KNEW IT; IT IS A NERFFFFF!!!ONE!!11!!.

I love how people just reject anything that Blizzard says.
    hey man, it's a love/hate relationship

that's just how it goes!

Hi,

Is it just me that finds it funny that they had to create a new mode for dungeon they called Challenge (with a "GW2 burrowed" concept of gear normalisaion)?

Basically what are the dungeon Challenge mode? they are dificult modes with a timer in order to give good players a hard time.
    What were heroic dungeons at first when they were implemened? They were difficul modes in order to give good players a hard time.

What happened to heroic difficulty? Nerfed due to constant QQ even though it was made to provide a hard challenge. Now they are just normal dungeons with better loot.

So my prediction is that the Challenge modes will keep the whole battle against time concept (which is a clever concept competition tends to really hook people) but that they will be nerfed quite quickly.

Maybe next expansion we will have four difficulties: normal, heroic, challenge and heroic challenge
    That awkward moment when you realise the Guild Wars Franchise was no where near the first to introduce normalised gear.

I doubt they will be nerfed THAT much since nearly all the DEV's are against it.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

It won't get nerfed other than the fine-tuning it'll receive the first couple of weeks. Why? Leaderboards.

Deleted
    My only problem is that they said that challenge modes would be like TBC HC blue post talked about SH HC.
    I mean they nerffed Mobs you can cc without pull them now.
    You have lots and lots of defensive CDs not a 30min CD shield wall only defensive CD in game at the time (talking about tank CDs ofc you still had paladin bubble and iceblock but that was it has for tanks warriors had a 30min cd shield wall and 1h cd lay on Hands)

I still think challenge modes will be faceroll just CC this and that and job is done, you have classes with 3 CCs and aoe ccs.

At the end i think Challenge modes are going to fail, achievement hunters are going to do them till they have the achievements, Raids are not going to do them for Valor they will cap valor in Raids and in HC dungeons has they will need the gear upgrades.

What is the incentive to do Challenge modes? transmor gear? please, if they granted gear i would do them, but like this? Maybe after i am done with raiding I will visit them for the achievements but it is just a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelz View Post

Yes, they will. We know Blizzard. You personally hoping they won't doesn't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

Sorry but i don't get why you assume that they borrowed something, because when 4.3 was on PTR, they tested Gear Normalization on the 3 final Dungeon that they added later when 4.3 came to live. If i'm not wrong there wasn't
    a BWE by that time? I completed one of the dungeonwith itl 453 normalization, it was pretty funny see people
    "outgearing" the dungeon, i mean they were like wtf... anyway...
    Last edited by Grevie; 2012-09-14 at 12:37 PM.