Deleted

Simple Macro, yet stumped

Hi all - Hoping someone can help. I have no clue what is going on with my macro so I'm coming here for help.

I created the following macros. I'm trying to be efficient with skills that I'd normally use together to keep my UI from looking clustered. The Ghost Wolf Macro works fine and as it should. So I used it as a template to make one for a Healing Surge/ Healing Rain spell. They are identical in format.

However, the Healing Rain portion of the macro doesn't work. Instead, although I'm holding down shift, surge is always casting. It's as if the modifier isn't being recognized. I looked through my keybindings and couldn't find anything else bound to Shift+X. In case I overlooked it, I moved the surge macro hotkey to where the ghost wolf hotkey (Shift-R) was working. Still doesn't work.

I'm a level 62 enh shaman with healing rain in my book as a castable spell and I'm stumped why this isn't working. Any thoughts?

#showtooltip Ghost Wolf
    /cast [modifier:Shift] Spirit Walk
    /cast Ghost Wolf

#showtooltip Healing Surge
    /cast [modifier:Shift] Healing Rain
    /cast Healing Surge

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip [nomod] Healing Surge; [mod:Shift] Healing Rain
    /cast [nomod] Healing Surge; [mod:Shift] Healing Rain

I just tested this and it worked?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    #showtooltip [nomod] Healing Surge; [mod:Shift] Healing Rain
    /cast [nomod] Healing Surge; [mod:Shift] Healing Rain

I just tested this and it worked?
    Yep, works! Thanks. Any idea why the one I wrote wasn't? As you can imagine, I'm no expert writer so is your way the way I should be doing it?

edit: Going your route. For one, seeing which spells are used with the modifer is great!
    Last edited by mmoc121f3efc14; 2012-09-14 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no expert either, but I think you have to designate what the button is supposed to do when there's no modifier being pressed.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heirak View Post
    Yep, works! Thanks. Any idea why the one I wrote wasn't? As you can imagine, I'm no expert writer so is your way the way I should be doing it?
    because healing rain doesn't fire a GCD until you actually target an area

What would be happening was that spell A gets cast (healing rain) which lights up your cursor, then gets canceled because it was able to cast healing surge

what you were probably trying to do was:
    /cast [mod:shift] Healing Rain; Healing Surge

where the semicolon is more of an explicit "else"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i much prefer the
    #showtooltip [mod:Shift] Evasion
    Part the only thing is sometimes you have to hold shift to see how long the cooldown of something is, But I got round that by using cool line
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/coolline-cooldowns

the macro you tryed is

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] spell 1 ; spell 2

holding shift will show spell 1 and holding no shift shows spell 2

what you did wrong is that the macro sees what spell theres when holding shift but no spell for without shift. aka you get the ?? icon
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heirak View Post
    edit: Going your route. For one, seeing which spells are used with the modifer is great!
    You only need to write #showtooltip, and the tooltip will automatically change to whichever spell will be cast.