Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Idd, those type of posters also seem to shadow you around, ready to reply in every thread you make about the game. Makes me wonders sometimes if they are getting paid for it.
    There's also the kind of people going around posting features as game-breaking bugs in every thread, or even flat out lie about the game in order to discredit it, who makes you wonder if a competing MMO are paying them for it.

But that's neither here nor there, is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    just as an aside: it's people like drakewuurm who cause haters. People get so fed up with people like him appearing out of nowhere to defend literally any perceived flaw. he drives people away from the game.
    If you were stalking me as well as you claim to be, you'd recognize that I don't defend "literally any perceived flaw" in the least, and have posted my share of complaints about the game. Post constructively, or don't post at all.

The problem to begin with is perceived flaws. Emphasis on the bolded word.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perceived flaws are not the problem, actual flaws are.

This game, especially classs balance, is far, far, from perfect.

There is way too much unwarrented arenanet love going around. They need to learn things now, or face a mass exodus in a few weeks when most people are 80 and there is nothing to do and class balance is hurrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Ele has burst?

I'm playing guild wars 2, what game are you playing?

As for Sylvanie, I started a warrior alt, and hundred blades is definitely a great soloing skill. Though I'm playing it a bit like I was playing dagger elementalist - double sword and GS, open with GS 4 into 3 into 2, swap to sword/sword, hit 4 and go from there with circle strafing.

Most of the normal mobs melt before or just as I need to swap though or just as I swap and start hitting them with a sword, so I'm not feeling the pressure to replace GS with any other weapon. There is simply no other weapon with such quick AoE burst in the arsenal. The only problem is in champion mobs who attack fast enough to inflict meaningful damage during 100b animation.
    Burst was meant for war not so much ele although if correctly built and played well, ele is pretty good.(which really can be any class honestly) The main problem is, it doesnt hold up to well without major support, hence the mesmer, seriously good with just a little support. (I must admit, a little to good) If playing an ele as full support for a team, they do begin to shine.

Warriors are excellent solo/group pve, and are not bad in pvp. Outside of their burst though, I think they could use a slight bit of tweeking on the low end, just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-09-19 at 07:22 AM.

Deleted
    is me critting 16k on mesmer in wvw with full exotics not balanced as warrior? (a)

Deleted
    "While we will continue to be responsive to serious issues, we also want to make sure that we let the basic meta-game stabilize before making too many changes."

Meta game is already developed. Let me describe it: ZERG

However there is another type of meta game too. Point grind.

To get rid of zerging make 5v5, on top of that. Discourage point grindzerg by changing the way points work. If 8 people are sitting on the node to cap points need to be divided by 8 so they will all get 1 point for caping or something like that. Lower the points for player kills. (by alot) Remove top player and other bonuses and make winning meaningful.

You dont need to be very smart to understand what the problem with the game is. And solutions can be implemented in 10 minutes just by switching some numbers around.

As far as op classes go. Well I dont know I'm roflstomped by zergs all the time I dont know who exactly did what. I play a thief can handle any class depending on whos playing it. If other player is better he will kill me no matter the class.

Ah yeah I forgot theres 1 other meta game. you change your team 10 times over by the end of the game. People come and go as they please. To solove that problem make a deserter debuff.
    Last edited by mmocaee67d9e9c; 2012-09-19 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyo View Post
    Ah yeah I forgot theres 1 other meta game. you change your team 10 times over by the end of the game. People come and go as they please. To solove that problem make a deserter debuff.
    what part of "hot-join" did you miss?
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    is me critting 16k on mesmer in wvw with full exotics not balanced as warrior? (a)
    Considering that about the only way to lose to a warrior as a functionally built mesmer in sPvP at the moment is to go afk, I guess yes it is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Considering that about the only way to lose to a warrior as a functionally built mesmer in sPvP at the moment is to go afk, I guess yes it is?
    It's funny because it's true.