Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Troll VS Panda for Elemental.....

I was just wondering whats going to be considered the best race for dps in MoP. Im switching from resto to elemental and Im currently a Goblin. Will the double int from Well Fed be better than Berserking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a question of "burst vs. sustainability."

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

I'd say you have more ways to put out burst than other classes. Panda might be good for sustained damage, you've got plenty of CD's for burst.

[Epicurean] doubles benefits from food buffs ---> you gain 275 of a usefull stat

vs

[berserking] Increases your attack and casting speed by 20% for 10sec. - 3 min cd

Epicurean has the edge right?
    Plus you get quaking palm (Melee Range - 2 min cooldown - Strikes the target with lightning speed, incapacitating them for 4 sec, and turns off your attack)

Its actually 300 int with the super food.
    Hi Sephurik

You'll also need to take the slight base stat variations into account.

also, panda is new , thus more exciting to watch than age old troll animations

i'm gonna spend quite a few bucks on racechanges come sept. 25th lol

Deleted
    Panda is the best not only because of the food but buff because its better in PvP too. However, if there is some boss in the future classified as a beast then Troll wins by miles and miles.

Personally I'm sticking with Draenei for the progression at the start of MoP for the Hit whilst I'm raiding in blues, but I will probably Race Change to Panda in the middle-end of progression. I personally wouldn't advice people to race change straight away to Pandaran, I can definitely see them saying "Hmm sorry this racial is too strong" and nerf it, but not do so until a few weeks into Mists by which time most people will have race changed already. Thats my plan anyway.

screw the racial, i want a new model to look at lol

plus animations look awesome. I'm not raiding outside of LFR, so racials aint a big deal for me

I'm tempted to stay draenei, I'm guessing there won't be many left come race change time.

But the Pandaran new model and racials are light years ahead of draenei.

Plus I've gotten tired of getting stuck in every doorway while mounted as a draenei male.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten too used to Rocket Jump, to be completely honest. I'm staying Goblin, that and I'm poor.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely go for Panda. The better "Buffoodbuff" outweights the trolls mini bloodlust. In addition - if you want to think pvp wise - quaking palm is pretty strong.

People underestimate Berserking for PvP (as elemental that is).

Anyways, I'm going panda because I hate looking at my ugly fem trolls feet. Don't really care about racials at this point.

Wouldn't troll be better for pvp? At least looking at it from an arena viewpoint, berserking for ele shams is pretty nice.

Can you even eat buff food in arenas?

Deleted
    Why is nobody bringing up orcs?
    IMO it's still the best racial... Plus looks way better than ugly trolls or fat pandas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    Why is nobody bringing up orcs?
    IMO it's still the best racial... Plus looks way better than ugly trolls or fat pandas.
    I think because he didnt ask for it =D But to be honest, i myself play orc since ever, simply because its the best allrounder race.

Because 20% haste outweighs the orc spellpower bonus. Would be interesting to see how the difference though, especially with the extra pet damage from orc adding to your elemental.

Deleted
    You're sure the 20% haste outweighs the spellpower bonus even with bloodlust and possibly a haste proc trinket?
    Atm in cata, when my haste trinket procs and bloodlust is up.. the 20% haste would be useless as Im already at the haste cap. More spellpower is much more useful there.
    Dunno tho if 20% haste outside of bloodlust still outweighs spellpower combined with bloodlust.

Still, trolls are ugly and I want my char to look badass, don't care if I do 1-2% potentially less dps. I'm not playing in a Top50 world guild.

Hard choice. On one side you have Trolls who are an awesome race for casters, but on the other you have a new race with an 'updated' character model. I would personally go with which one you think looks the best.

With regards to the racial. Beserking is nice in those times of 'oh shit' and is easily macro'd with other abilities. Whereas the extra int from Well Fed would be more passive and less noticeable. Oh and don't forget the 4 second incapacitate, which would be pretty handy in pvp.

No Orc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking in terms of progression I think that troll or orc would be better. Everyone messes up and dies at some point; either they move the wrong direction, get hit by something they shouldn't, tunnel, ect. I mean we are human. I feel that having the static racial like 1% hit, bloodfury, or bezerking would be better in terms of progression. What if you die and anhk as a panda, your food buff doesn't persist through death. I mean I understand the goal isn't to die, but things happen. Sometimes you just can't prevent or control somethings. I also like how Zerking also lines up with acendence, but that is just me. To bad I'm alliance tho....../sad face