Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Holy crap, can we drop the silly semantics game of what an "auction" is or is not? Frankly, Lucas, I can barely even grasp what you're trying to say at this point, or what your point even is.
    Lol, same.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    One=someone=a customer aka bidder. Who can be alone without competition IF HAPPENS , until Lucas Ashrock pass by and yell "2G!" Meh, i won, say goodbye to your armor. (and cannot be forced to be a one bidder auction , or it's just a simple buy/sell).
    Obiouvsly the owner of what's on auction can say "No, i don't accept, forget it". I did billion times on AH on WoW. You cannot do it on TP. IF you're still in time, you can take back your item. If someone with cash passed, you lost your object forever maybe .
    While these are elements common to many auctions they are not defining of auction per the definition of auction.

On TP you want, you have cash, you buy. There is 1? Who was online with cash bough. Was it the last one? Jeez, i feel so sorry for you
    Again, irrelevant. On wow ah you want to buy the last one, i feel sorry for the next guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The name trading post vs auction is pure semantics at this point and a pointless argument
    Yup.

By the way, you CAN 'bid,' it's just not like the WoW AH. You place an order for something at a certain price and if someone matches that price then you buy it for that price. You set your own prices. That's better than bidding because there's no competition and people will blindly sell stuff to you for the price you're offering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Yup.

By the way, you CAN 'bid,' it's just not like the WoW AH. You place an order for something at a certain price and if someone matches that price then you buy it for that price. You set your own prices. That's better than bidding because there's no competition and people will blindly sell stuff to you for the price you're offering.
    Haha ye. There are a lot of dumbs who in the rush to make money, sell to the first powerseller most stuff. One day, they will wake up, and reading on Map every day about those idiots, those guys will start to think "Hey wait, am i one of those idiots? Lemme ask inguild... oh crap.. "
    It's a daily fun on the guild i recently joined, about this topic and what we get XD

I badly miss that smartass who was selling loads of 70+ golds for 2s XD
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 05:18 PM.

The EVE setup is better, but EVE is the best economics game there is period. GW2 has a better AH than any of the fantasy mmos so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha ye, too. Dumb forever XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    The EVE setup is better, but EVE is the best economics game there is period. GW2 has a better AH than any of the fantasy mmos so far.
    Agree, i wish i was able on WoW to wear uber cool exotic stuff for a few silvers

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Sorting could be better, as a previous poster said. I do not want to sift through hundreds of cloth pieces of armor while looking for a piece of plate, thanks. Preview is apparently on the way. Another thing I find annoying is that it doesn't search for partial words, and that it searches for each word separately. If I search "Superior rune of dwayna" it will give me every result that includes "Superior" "Rune" "Of" or "Dwayna". I'm sorry, why? Sure it prioritizes items that has more similar words, but that is still VERY silly. Anyways, simultaneously the best and worst AH I've used in a while.. yay!
    YAYY!! Preview is on the way! I want this so bad I also agree with the sorting. That would help a lot.

Well. Playing gw1 we had the grind (and grind and grind) of gold solofarming and UW/FoW solofarming. Here we have dungeon tokens group farming, DE group farming, mats group farming. What else?
    The difference is that there aren't really grind-based accessibility restrictions to content. You don't need to grind to do open world content, dungeons, WvW, or sPVP. Even explorable dungeons, according to ArenaNet, are balanced for level 80 players in blues.

Grinding is an option, not a requirement.

I like the way search works, I often miss the spelling and still get what I want. If I could sort stuff it would be even better.

One of the biggest problems on the AH is that arenanet was utterly retarded when they set up crafting. They seriously need to get an economics person on their staff. They set up xp for crafting, ok. So people are spamming up crafts to level. Unfortunately they also made some of the best recipes at each level also fairly easy, so people are actually spamming out the best recipes. Especially cooking where people are leveling off the magic find food.

So, people have a huge incentive to make the stuff- levels, so they don't care if they're selling it at a loss. Well, why are you going to buy second best stuff if the best stuff sells for pretty much nothing? So all the prices are utter poop and on crafting stuff, they always will be, except for those few end game hard to make things. All main crafting is going to just be to spam out for leveling and nothing else because that's how they set it up, whether they meant to or not.

Either they need to a) make crafting not give xp so it's actually a for profit market so they can have an economy or b, add leveling craft recipes that are crappy items that people don't care if are sold for a loss anyways so the main recipes aren't dropped to crap from everyone spamming them to level faster than playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    The difference is that there aren't really grind-based accessibility restrictions to content. You don't need to grind to do open world content, dungeons, WvW, or sPVP. Even explorable dungeons, according to ArenaNet, are balanced for level 80 players in blues.

Grinding is an option, not a requirement.
    No doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Seriously, are you drunk or something? Reading your posts is like...eh, nevermind.

Anyway, you might possibly have a point about "dumbs" if currency meant much in this game and if the TP wasn't flooded with hundreds to millions of some items all the time.

I was sitting on 5 gold and an almost full set of yellow armor and weapons by level 40, most of which cost me about 20 silver each at most. One of the swords was much less than that, even. They weren't that cheap because of "dumbs", they were that cheap because there were already over a hundred of each item not selling. Supply in almost every single part of the TP is just crazy high, the only exception are some of the blue crafting materials like Blood and such, and even then if you ARE selling them you probably couldn't care less that you're selling them for 1s50c or 2s anyway.
    No. The "dumbs" are who sell something worth 20s to me for 9s. And who sell on TP for 2 copper then merch, losing money.

Nice for you you have, and always you will have everything you need to get that armor, weapon, content.

Ah wait, you're the " i take it easy, sometimes i log when bored, some zergwvw illuding me to be a pro admired from others, some spvp a bit unbalanced but well it will be fixed"

I don't. My goal is have the coolest armor i saw (it's a dungeon one) and Legendary ( if possible, everyone i can wear). Way of play, attitude. For me, gold worth. And 5g is not the same of 50s. True, i still play, i still zerg around, i still jump some puzzles, i still do new vistas. This is not my goal. And it's not the goal for a lot of people.

Why you think people used exploits and try everything, google around, keep mats for future incomes / game modifications/ additional recipes.
    Ah ye, it's because 50 is better than 5. people love zeros. Right.

But i respect your way of play, why not, Anet did great allowing to keep 5g still wearing uber armor/weapons. Other MMOs lack of it.
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deffo this fun will time by time disappear. ( i truly hope it) As 70+ gold sold for 1-2s, damn if i miss them

Or maybe not, and i will start to buy ectos for 20 coppers

I'm wondering, if what we are talking about, now joking on it, will lead to a mass leaving, next months.

Becasue pff, gold? who need it, i got my ubercool char yet, and i even have 30g and 300k karma, meh

Because WTF is it a joke, i should play like an idiot sheep for 1 year every day before i get one legendary? Oh please, to the hell this game.

Because jeez, wtf i'm playing for, everything i get doesn't worth a damn. Ohhh, i dropped an exotic, weeee... ugh, let me check if my alt got 1 space left.

And don't post now there is spvp and zergfestWvW, please
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-15 at 06:00 PM.

Do i appear boring if i answer a second to the OP?

Bro, TP IS NOT AN AH. AH means you can BID. You put an exotic weapon on sell, and buyers fight to buy it, growing the final price.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auction
    ^
    THIS, is make money from a lucky drop / recipe result. Ops, we don't have it

What you see is just trade channel moved to a graphic interface, so we don't have anymore like GW1 the so much hated WTS WTB spam on chat, arriving on an outpost / main city.

The globalization interserver has just 1 thing good: you can buy everything you want from a desperate lowerselling. No grind.
    This is the famous NO GRIND theory of Arenanet. But i still have fun reading on this forum how most of you truly believe what anet stated saying "This game will not be grind-based" meant you will not have to play for months/ years to get your special desire (an entire token armor, a legendary).

The bad thing of the TP? You don't have any market nor satisfaction to get something. An exotic drops? The excitement slows down when you cannot use it. But hey, i can sell it! Ops, your weapon is sold yet by 300 other players, fighting to the lower price. Well, i guess it's better if you throw your 40s exotic inside the mystic forge hoping on your luck, or just send them to your alt

Now tell me if you still enjoy your TP. Did i dismantle your cloud of joy?
    so by your failed logic, Ebay (the worlds biggest ah) isnt an ah at all because they have reserve prices and Buy it Now? okie dokie, you're just nitpicking this game left and right, do you even play/enjoy it? lol geeze

Well, everything GW2 does it's the best in gaming. Oh, wait, it's not. I hate this system and it's another reason I will never play GW2. But then again, they did something different and if lots of people love it, everything is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Well, everything GW2 does it's the best in gaming. Oh, wait, it's not. I hate this system and it's another reason I will never play GW2. But then again, they did something different and if lots of people love it, everything is perfect
    Sounds like you're just bitter that people don't agree with you in hating everything about the game. There's certainly bad things to be said about the TP, but you don't seem to be able to articulate any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a point of view , feel free to hate the system not joining us.

the ah is awesome but it need some major fixes with sorting, preview, search category (being able to search just leather)
    i think thats it
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Its definatly up there but could stand to use a few improvements and even one bugfix.

It needs preview to work through it
    It needs sorting improvements. Mostly more options to sort by such as armor type not just location. A useable by me tag would also go along way to help.
    Easier access to view priceing when trying to list items. Right now you must go into the buy more from TP area to see what other people currently have listed for buy/sell orders. from the sell window you cant tell if that 1 item by 1 seller is only undercutting the going price by 1c or if he slashed the price by a wide margan. Being able to see the list of buy/sell orders from the sell window would help you better determin what you should be listing for. Adding the refresh button there wouldnt be amiss either.
    Price history would also be nice. information on what the items have sold for both in buy and sell order catagories for the last hour, day, week, month would also make spotting oddball market trends easier. Should you buy that item now or is its price inflated 200% from what it was an hour ago and all of last week? right now you cant tell unless you were watching the price over that time period manualy.

As to the bug fix I've noticed that many times after going through a couple searches the cursor looses focus on the window permantly particularly if you looked into your bags or some other UI window. When this happens you cannot type in any TP field untill you close and reopen it. Even clicking on the field to move the cursor does not alow typeing, your keystrokes just go through as keybinds opening and closing random windows. While simple to work around (close and reopen) its anoying as you loose whatever filter settings you already had set and must research form scratch.

Overall the TP is very nice and has ton's of potential vs many of its contemporary but Anet needs to take a few aspects of it back to the dev room and iterate it a few more times to realize that potential.

Who is John Galt?

The bad thing of the TP? You don't have any market nor satisfaction to get something. An exotic drops? The excitement slows down when you cannot use it. But hey, i can sell it! Ops, your weapon is sold yet by 300 other players, fighting to the lower price. Well, i guess it's better if you throw your 40s exotic inside the mystic forge hoping on your luck, or just send them to your alt

Now tell me if you still enjoy your TP. Did i dismantle your cloud of joy?
    No you didnt because making gold in a game where you dont need gold to win the game is almost useless. If i dont need huge sums of gold to beat the game then why would i care what items are selling for? Is there some 1000 gold weapon that makes the game so much easier and can 1 shot players in WvW that i need to start saving for? Why is it that in WoW you dont really need gold for anything other than repairs? Players run around with tons of gold buying mounts and gear, but do u really need those mounts? or is it just fashion and achivement? Cant that gear be obtained by just running with a guild provided your skilled enough a group to beat the content? Yet ppl want thousands of gold for items to spend on what?

I dont see the point of being rich in GW2 or WoW which is why in WoW i stopped acquiring anymore gold than was needed for weekly raid repairs. Same with GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    No you didnt because making gold in a game where you dont need gold to win the game is almost useless. If i dont need huge sums of gold to beat the game then why would i care what items are selling for? Is there some 1000 gold weapon that makes the game so much easier and can 1 shot players in WvW that i need to start saving for? Why is it that in WoW you dont really need gold for anything other than repairs? Players run around with tons of gold buying mounts and gear, but do u really need those mounts? or is it just fashion and achivement? Cant that gear be obtained by just running with a guild provided your skilled enough a group to beat the content? Yet ppl want thousands of gold for items to spend on what?

I dont see the point of being rich in GW2 or WoW which is why in WoW i stopped acquiring anymore gold than was needed for weekly raid repairs. Same with GW2.
    The majority of the gold in the economy is being funneled towards legendaries and siege equipment in WvW, as far as I'm aware.

That and kitting out in full exotics eats up a good chunk o' gold. Not many folks are going for cultural armor just yet, but that also eats up a hefty chunk of gold.