15+ Year Old Account

Quick q about Gw2 starting toon

Just want to get my first char started.
    In wow I prefered Warlock(7 year main) and to some extent hunter (if they use pets in GW2).

What class, race, profession should I pick.
    Not any in depth analysis needed just a quick decision.

Thnx
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    My deciscion will be a... Ranger. Want me to choose race for you as well?

Otherwise, have fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    ranger or necro. but honestly try mesmer too

15+ Year Old Account
    I just looked at the classes and races so ranger or necro sounds good but do race matter, professions?

One example of:
    Necro : race: prof
    Ranger : race : prof

Thnx
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Race determines what kind of story you'll be experiencing. It doesn't really matter. You can be immersed and choose a race that you think fits the idealism of Ranger and Necro, but that is entirely subjective. I picked an Asura Necromancer, because I love Asuras and I wanted to play Necromancers, and yes, they are a fun class.

Deleted
    mesmer is really fun class, and underplayed i think.

or an Asura necromancer, they look really cool.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    ranger or necro. but honestly try mesmer too

indeed, mesmer was the last class i tried, and its now my main. its a really good and fun class, but not many people seem to play it

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I just looked at the classes and races so ranger or necro sounds good but do race matter, professions?

One example of:
    Necro : race: prof
    Ranger : race : prof

Thnx
    No.

You might want to take a look at the Necromancer as well for a warlocky feel. Nothing like seeing a Necro go by with a horde of minions.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting professions don't matter much because you can have all of them maxed on any one character, but you can only have two of them active (professions you can utilize for crafting) at a time. Cooking and jewelery making and both easy to level up however. Necros use light armor so tailoring could yield armor made for that character, ranger use medium so leather working works the same. There are no crafting profession bonuses like in WoW (enchanters can only enchant their rings, BS extra gem sockets, etc).

Races matter little as well. You get one or two different elite skills based on your race, but none hold an advantage. The idea is to let you create a character that you find aesthetically pleasing to the player, without the hindrance of racial bonuses and such.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thnx for the help, the crappy 3-8 mb/s download of the client is done yay.
    I will try out a Asura necromancer and the professions didnt matter from what I understood so will take the time of deciding in-game.

Thnx guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, i guess you will enjoy a necro. MM spiritspammer pewpew

PvE or PvP?

For warlock, In PvP, closest equivalent is a mesmer. In PvE, a necromancer.

For hunter, ranger is a fairly obvious choice, though if you prefer petless play warrior will also work to a lesser degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some could say both, Necro seems quite uber on spvp. I don't play so much pvp ( but i loved it on beta, so i will give it a shot, i promise).

My suggestion was PVE Necro MM spiritspammer pewpew. Uber fun, you will never die ( i don't) , just stay back a bit and let minions and zergs (if a group thinghy) around you to take the hit and die . Still you're doing great, you're not a passive DE farmer. I love when my 2 tiny weak minions die, they explode now with full trait tree

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

indeed, mesmer was the last class i tried, and its now my main. its a really good and fun class, but not many people seem to play it
    Due to the reliance on Clones (the ones that actually deal damage, unless you focus on shattering), your damage output is severely low in normal PvE 1v1 fights against regular mobs, until 3 clones are up and dealing damage. In a fight where only you and one or several mobs are involved, your clones will probably die rather quickly due to constant target changing, or never reach the maximum number of clones, due to max life of the mobs. Hence, combat relies heavily on your own damage output, which, with exceptions (your aoe effects seem to be rather good, but also have a 30+second CD), isn't all that great.

I think Mesmers really bring something to a PvE event, or dungeon, due to conditions/boons + condition/boon removal and they are great in PvP, if well played, but leveling to 80 is more of a drag and defnitely doesn't feel as OP as, for example, a Warrior or Thief.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Due to the reliance on Clones (the ones that actually deal damage, unless you focus on shattering), your damage output is severely low in normal PvE 1v1 fights against regular mobs, until 3 clones are up and dealing damage. In a fight where only you and one or several mobs are involved, your clones will probably die rather quickly due to constant target changing, or never reach the maximum number of clones, due to max life of the mobs. Hence, combat relies heavily on your own damage output, which, with exceptions (your aoe effects seem to be rather good, but also have a 30+second CD), isn't all that great.

I think Mesmers really bring something to a PvE event, or dungeon, due to conditions/boons + condition/boon removal and they are great in PvP, if well played, but leveling to 80 is more of a drag and defnitely doesn't feel as OP as, for example, a Warrior or Thief.

Must be using the wrong weapons, staff or double swords is damn good damage even while leveling. Don't even need clones. Only when kiting vets.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Must be using the wrong weapons, staff or double swords is damn good damage even while leveling. Don't even need clones. Only when kiting vets.
    I'm using Staff. What traits are you aiming for? For the record, I find it slow "compared to". My Thief puts down mobs in 2 or 3 seconds @ lvl 30 (he's now 45), my Mesmer quite a bit slower.

For comparison, my Mesmer (30) puts down mobs of lvl 30-32, just as fast as my full Toughness/Vit traited and geared Warrior (33 vs 33-35)) with a 1h sword and board.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-15 at 06:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I'm using Staff. What traits are you aiming for?
    Dom prec and last 10 in illusions. +3% damage per illusion, +50 perc while weidling a sword, and I use the staff for AoE and retreating a bit with the shield. Chaos storm with the swords 2 ability and 2 (3 if trait'd) charges of mantra is a lot of damage in PvE while invulnerable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post

i use 2h sword, and its awesome. not had any problems yet, but im only level 31. my 2nd weapon is staff, i dont use that much, i use it in dungeons or a boss in a world event. i really liked 1h sword + pistol though.

Please read our guidelines. http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...les_guidelines

These sort of threads are not encouraged.

-- Fencers