Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have never once seen one cute human baby. Ever. So no, not weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    as the title says is it weird? everyone always tell me babies are so cute and that their adorable blah blah blah but all i see are creepy little old people who cant fend for themselves and look disgusting.

in fact the baby stage is probably what will keep me from ever having a child and i will probably wait for if/when genetic engineering gets advanced enough that when i want a child i can have one grown until like age 7 or something, or ill adopt.

what do you guys think? do you think babies are cute or do you think their weird creepy mini old people like i do?
    You mustve never seen the angry baby face on youtube. Lol.

But dont bring genetic engineering into the thread... cmon. WTB morals.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    You mustve never seen the angry baby face on youtube. Lol.

That's the fun thing about morals, they vary from person to person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Babies creep me out aswell. And the responibilty that comes with one makes me run away as fast as i can

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its natural to dislike other kids. I could name a handful of babies I found repulsive or so damn ugly that only a mother could love. I also get annoyed by baby advertising.

@OP: How old are you? Tha tcan make a difference.

Me? I love babies, always have. Save for situations when you're next to one and there's no escape (intercontinental flights are an example), the most beautiful sound in the world is a screaming child...who's not yours.

Infants, like, 2 months and younger, tend to look awkward. They are just needy fluid factories. But I know why the parents are always in love with them. That is their child. Their DNA. Their flesh. Their product, that one day too soon will be talking and running and making mistakes. They have 100% responsibility for this tiny human life, and they are in pure love.

Once the babe is around 3 months and their head isn't all squished, and they start babbling and making faces, I love them. They grow hair and you can put bows on the girls. You can see their responses to laughter and it's great.

Older kids are the best though. 3 year olds and 4 year olds say the dumbest, but smartest stuff.

Deleted
    tend to look awkward.
    .... but... your sig/profile pic...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see them so much as creepy as they are... pathetic. I just see them as future wasteful humans, that, more than likely, will be brought up horribly into a nigh-overpopulated world. Chances are that they'll be a burden to society.

Having a kid just for the extreme off chance that they'll actually be smart and productive is just selfish. Most will be neither. I see so many people also just popping out babies left and right, just for the simple fact that it nearly guarantees you welfare!. I have another rant for that, but this is the wrong place for it...

I guess it's the parents that piss me off more than the ugly babies ><

in fact the baby stage is probably what will keep me from ever having a child and i will probably wait for if/when genetic engineering gets advanced enough that when i want a child i can have one grown until like age 7 or something, or ill adopt.
    I laughed so hard

Deleted
    It's not weird, a lot of people don't like how babies look when they're born, I sure as hell don't. My brother, when he was born, GOD, ugly as hell, jesus louis! But now he's like 2 years and a half and he looks much better, ahahaha, but really there's nothing wrong with not liking babies, I personally hate most.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    babys are cute, toddlers are F&^*ing annoying thou.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I hate babies. I even hate children in general. Babies, though, repulse me specifically. I'd rather raise a parrot and live with said parrot until i'm dead than raise a child.

15+ Year Old Account
    So many sad people. It's sad really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I find it understandable. They're messy and loud and a host of other negative qualities to be frank, it's not unheard to dislike those qualities .

Ofcourse the overly objective part of my head does see it as kinda weird. We've evolved and are psychologically programmed to find babies cute so that we spend time with them and to essentially "raise the next generation".

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    Morals aside (as they are "acquired taste") I find genetics very interesting. What we could do that the nature couldn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    So many sad people. It's sad really.
    Sad because we're different and find babies not adorable? It's sad that you have no appreciation of difference in people.

It can also simply be a huge red flag telling you: you arent fit to be a parent, if you are creeped enough to not want a newborn of your own. Not everyone needs or should have children, especially not with humans huge population. While adopting looks like a good idea, if you run away from babies because of responsibility at their younger age, when its the easiest part of parenting, i urge you to reconsider and not adopt. Passing a kid threw adolescence is just 20 time more challenging then early life. Having kids just for the sake of having them is not ok, even if its adoptions. Trust me on this, you will miss waking up in the middle of the night to your crying newborn once they hit 13. Parenting is a progression of challenge for the parent and the kid, you cant start at the end, it doesent get easier.

Depending on your age, your views on kids will change. Once you are mid 20s to 30s, you might feel all different to what you currently do and feel like you are ready for a newborn child. Simply give yourself time. If that day never come when you feel its something you want, just dont have any kids.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2012-09-15 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Sad because we're different and find babies not adorable? It's sad that you have no appreciation of difference in people.
    Another name of difference is Freak. Really, even a racist likes babies of the race he hates. Seriously, this type of people is really really really rare.

as the title says is it weird? everyone always tell me babies are so cute and that their adorable blah blah blah but all i see are creepy little old people who cant fend for themselves and look disgusting.

what do you guys think? do you think babies are cute or do you think their weird creepy mini old people like i do?
    I hate all kids that aren't mine. You do feel different when they're your own though.

But as for babies, I haven't ever seen one that I thought was cute/beautiful or adorable. They all are quite ugly.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?