Totemic restoration fails intermittently

Re-posting from official blizzard forums to get more visibility.

On live I've noticed that the Totemic Restoration talent does not appear to always kick into effect. Specifically, after dropping a totem if I manually destroy it the CD is only sometimes reduced. All totems I've tested appear to have this issue.

Totems I've tested: Tremor, Grounding, Healing Tide, Healing Stream, & Stone Bulwark

I've tried two main methods of testing and with both cases Totem Restoration seems to reduce the cool down about half the time. I have noticed I seem to have better luck if I wait a second or two before manually destroying the totem, though this doesn't always work. Maybe this issue is lag related? While testing I was running with a 62 ms latency and 95 FPS (I have a nice PC .

Testing method [A]:
    1) Directly summon totem from the spell book (no macros, no action bar, just spell book)
    2) Manually destroy totem by right clicking on the totem icon on the below my health/mana bar

Testing method [B]:
    Execute the following macro (well differs for each totem, but you'll get the idea) twice in a row. Once the summon the totem and again to destroy it.

#showtooltip
    /cast Tremor Totem
    /script DestroyTotem(2);

While testing I had all mods disabled.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone else noticed this problem? Or am I just somehow very unlucky.

This issue has rather large implications on the effectiveness of the talent and as such (imho) the effectiveness of Shaman in PvP.

Deleted
    Have you tested it with Totemic Recall?

Ah, good thought. Just tested with Totemic Recall.

Totemic Recall appears to work 100% of the time, which is great!

Though this still isn't ideal. Totemic Recall is on the GCD and it destroys all you're totems. So given the following use case:

1) Start attacking warlock
    2) Throw down: Searing , Stone Bulwark & Healing stream totem (3 GCDs)
    3) Warlock fears
    4) Throw down: Tremor and totemic recall (2 GCDs)

I now just destroyed searing & healing stream (stone was destroyed by tremor) to reduce the cool down on tremor. Now I have to drop searing totem again.

Also I'm curious about the reliability of Totemic Restoration's effect when other players stomp my totems, i.e. drop HTT and it gets insta-icelanced. Does that use case have the same failure rate as me manually destroying the totem or is it reliable like Totemic Recall? Has anyone tested this?

Deleted
    tested it.
    seems to bug out alot as you said. if you're from US, please report it in the official forums.

cheers

edit: did some more tests. it _seems_ to work better without the glyphs that gives you 4 totems at once. but i was really careful and let the totems out for about 1 sec at least. so maybe just lag. wouldnt be the first time we have to deal with cluncy mechanics

edit2: lag issue. just wait till the totem SPAWNED, then dismiss it. works every time. were talking about roughly one second, maybe even less
    Last edited by mmoce82be56800; 2012-09-15 at 05:18 PM.