Page 36 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For Thrash keeping up all the time or more then what we use now I think Aggixx needs to back me up but I reed something about it on Fluiddruid.net

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    What gear are you in? I'm at 86% mastery raid buffed and I do notice a DPS increase when keeping thrash up. Would be nice to know though at what point does it become a flat out dps increase to use it at 50 energy. I can't imagine my mastery would get too much higher, 90% seems around the max you could get.
    well incase you wonder about my gear, here it is
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lunedra/simple

checked raid buffed its 78.8% tho
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I don't have thresholds, mainly because I'm not certain that your mastery % is the only relevant value, but keeping up thrash fulltime in BiS gear is very worth it for HotW and NV (something like 2 or 3k DPS, don't remember exact number). For DoC it's not as lucrative because it sucks so much energy away from getting your PSs used in time, but it's still a 500 DPS or so gain.

Edit: That's something I'd like to look into today. I've been working on updating the Ovale script but I get the feeling that some of the things it tries to do for a DPS gain are only so because of the rotation being tested on BiS gear. I imagine when you go down to less and less gear it likely starts to strain your resources very hard to the point where it would become a loss.

Edit 2: Ok, after running a zillion sims, it's a gain regardless of spec, gear, stat distribution, etc. If you're in full blues, it's still a DPS gain. If your gear has twice as much haste as mastery, it's still a gain (assuming your reforging is reasonably correct).

If anyone's interested the conditions I use for hardcasted thrashes is that Rip must have at least 4 seconds left on it's duration. If it does not your priority should be spending energy on making sure you have the CP ready to keep your Rip uptime as high as possible.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-02-04 at 12:00 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Im not using thrash as much anymore, all depends if i need the CC proc to get the CP for a buffed rip or not, but it does still provide a dps increase when used outside of needing to buff a rip.

Deleted
    I'm almost valor capped and loot never drops for me, so i'm stuck with what to upgrade :l Any suggestions? Would appreciate some help D: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...decat/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    I would do your chest because Grand Empress looks to be quite a way from being downed according to your current progression.....after that, pray for a heroic bottle!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    I would do your chest because Grand Empress looks to be quite a way from being downed according to your current progression.....after that, pray for a heroic bottle!
    Yeah it'll probably be a month - maybe more - for Empress.. And i've been in for every Elegon kill so far, not a single bottle :P Our rogue got the normal one :<

Thanks for the help ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Talisman of Bloodlust

Rune of Re-Origination

Renataki's Soul Charm

Bad Juju

Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

what are your thoughts on the new trinkets in throne?

the rune and bad juju "seem" interesting, talisman of bloodlust seems eh unless at those gear levels haste comes up in value
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-02-10 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    Depends on the ICD. Bad juju and Soul Charm seem the best imo (providing we don't get another tier full of exp gear). Talisman of Bloodlust will most likely be useless since haste still isn't that good, and the Shado-pan one might only be useful if all the raid gear is like in 5.0 raids (expertise stacking). The Re-origination one might be sketchy. Never liked those "highest stat proc" since it could trigger crit, if I have someone else that is proccing crit. If you haven't it might be a good option though.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-02-10 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted
    I'm still wondering if the Rune of Re-Orgination let's say we got 50 mastery 40 haste 40 crit will we get 130 mastery or 50+130 mastery

Really depends because the mastery bonus could be huge together with Bloodlust talisman for example if it is constant haste as long as we'r not passing by haste with mastery we could get a really burst lining up thing like Tiger's Fury DoC and Dancing Steel and PoT. Just a theory if it dosn't work like that, I'd lay my money on Bad juju and Shado Pad/Soul Charm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the rune's wording makes it hard to figure out how it works. Might need to make a twitter to tweet gc to see if he can explain it (i loath twitter). Bad juju just seems like a updated version of bottle so thats plus.

Anyone notice the STR polearm aswell? Blizz is doing some funky stuff with the loot in this raid

Bo-Ris, Horror in the Night
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-02-10 at 06:59 PM.

Deleted
    Seems like the rune's wording makes it hard to figure out how it works. Might need to make a twitter to tweet gc to see if he can explain it (i loath twitter). Bad juju just seems like a updated version of bottle so thats plus.

Anyone notice the STR polearm aswell? Blizz is doing some funky stuff with the loot in this raid

Wasn't really a surprise tbh as some Dks were rolling on our agi polearm from spirit kings due to the insane mastery it had.

Deleted
    Str Polearm what?

And btw for a daily lol
    http://i.imgur.com/dc2j8.jpg

Talisman of Bloodlust

Rune of Re-Origination

Renataki's Soul Charm

Bad Juju

Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

what are your thoughts on the new trinkets in throne?

the rune and bad juju "seem" interesting, talisman of bloodlust seems eh unless at those gear levels haste comes up in value
    There's pretty much no way to tell without proc chances and ICD. Bad Juju and Renataki's Soul Charm probably have the most potential because of the way trinket itemization works, but a shitty ICD could easily make them total garbage.

The huge chunk of expertise on Renataki's makes it incredibly hard to use effectively, if you want to use it to it's fullest you're going to have base your entire gear selection around avoiding expertise otherwise you're going to be over cap, and that's really going to make it a pain in the ass if it's any good.

Rune of Reorigination is pretty straightforward, all your secondaries become your (formerly) highest secondary for 20 seconds, not sure how else you could possible interpret it. Feral is in a fairly unique position where it might not be terrible in it's current incarnation, but as it stands it's going to be complete garbage for most specs, and even for a spec that might be interested in it you'll probably do a fair amount of manually cancelling the buff. It's a cool concept but the designer that came up with it clearly has no concept of (or was not worried at the time about) balance.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-02-10 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB deathbringers will type trinket

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Rune of Reorigination is pretty straightforward, all your secondaries become your (formerly) highest secondary for 20 seconds, not sure how else you could possible interpret it. Feral is in a fairly unique position where it might not be terrible in it's current incarnation, but as it stands it's going to be complete garbage for most specs, and even for a spec that might be interested in it you'll probably do a fair amount of manually cancelling the buff. It's a cool concept but the designer that came up with it clearly has no concept of (or was not worried at the time about) balance.

I interpret it as the following:
    Before the proc:
    Haste: 2000
    Crit: 3000
    Mastery: 5000

After Proc:
    Haste: 0
    Crit: 0
    Mastery: 10000

That's what I interpret from the wording "converts".

So, I guess you could get a Rake and Rip of during the proc and cancel it right after?

Yep, that would be my assumption as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rune of Re-Origination might lead to insane amounts of mastery. at such levels it becomes realy importent to quickly put up an massively empowered rip / rake before it expires

but i personaly prefer agi procs as they dont not force me to look closely at my bleeds since they also buff all my other attacks
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    If the trinket works like

Before the proc:

After Proc:
    Haste: 0
    Crit: 0
    Mastery: 10000
    Makes sense and really sucks, Id love to have something like

Before the proc:

After Proc:
    Mastery: 10000+15000

But then it might be to strong for some classes because it clearly says convertes. But then again it is clearly a flaw in the design since you'll have 0 rating crit and haste and even thought mastery is good that proc would have to be canceled in macros and i'd just avoid the trinket. Is someone lucky with twitter and responses.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2013-02-11 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted

Good! i no longer have to worry about blood DK's needing on my agi pole arm for the mastery :P