Page 9 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
    Sorry if OT but i thought I should share it so that you all can remember it.

Whoever made this has 1) far too much free time and 2) my utmost respect forever.

Deleted
    so is HOTW still going to be the greatest dps increase or..??? ty in advance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokensavior View Post
    so is HOTW still going to be the greatest dps increase or..??? ty in advance
    Currently yeah it will be an increase but the nerf is coming soon so do not get used to it :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Currently yeah it will be an increase but the nerf is coming soon so do not get used to it :-)
    Might still be the best choice if you cant play with DoC :P

15+ Year Old Account
    LooL epic movie

anyway if he's got 1000K crits and doing like 450dmg on a normal wrath hit, then even after the nerf he still be doing like 700K crits and 300dmg normal hits

i never got anywhere close to such numbers tho, mine are usaly 110K normal and 220K crit
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Well I guess it's tiem to clear some stuff up then.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Airom/ <-- me

the key trick is ofc. the macro the makes you switch to a casters weapon, currently using HC staff from sha of doubt. Also herbalism lifebloom = haste and agi pot helps a lot.

Footage from LFR Feng. First boss in siege of niuzao temple where we pulled additional slime adds that made us do 280% extra damage(?) + the 500% from HotW = 1m crits just cus of fun. Then we pulled all three trash packs before the 3rd boss in the same instance and HotW hurricane to 480k dps.
    Also some PvP BG footage to briefly show how amazing this was in PvP, 4-shot bursts in 1v1.

And tortanic style RIP video assures hillariousness. It took me one day to record and edit it all together.

Edit: Glad some of you enjoyed the movie!
    Last edited by mmocdb60ad54df; 2012-10-15 at 09:12 AM.

You say that 170 strength on gloves is better then mastery/expertise enchant.

In this guide (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6471617676) which is linked in your guide, he doesn't state which one but out of these three "Hands: Superior Expertise (170 exp), Greater Haste (170 haste) or Superior Mastery (170 mastery)"

Since 1 str = 1 ap , isn't mastery better?

Personally I prefer DoC spec, but why not abuse HotW while it last? everyone does whatever they can to top meters lol, a 45sec Arcane Mage isn't bad inb4 nerf
    Gorelaz *猩猩

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fannar View Post

In this guide (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6471617676) which is linked in your guide, he doesn't state which one but out of these three "Hands: Superior Expertise (170 exp), Greater Haste (170 haste) or Superior Mastery (170 mastery)"

Attack Power has higher value then Mastery. The only exception would be using HotW then you should've picked Haste
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2012-10-16 at 08:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Str gets buffed by Mark of the wild. That what makes it better.

I assume Alaron just forgot to consider strength as an option. If you look at some stat weights it's pretty obvious that strength is the superior enchant.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Time to finally run a raid tonight with DoC!

15+ Year Old Account
    even with the nerf i dont think HotW is bad, i think its still good
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    HotW went down from 175~k each wrath to about 122k with virmen's bite on a raid dummy. Saw 144k while in LFR. Still good burst damage but slightly dissapointing numbers. Now not acctually that sure if it's worth to pick up again as a DPS boost?

Still better for AoE though hurricane crits for 80k down from 100k.

Gotta try to get used to the more complicated DoC rotation, better sustained DPS.

15+ Year Old Account
    you had 100K hurricane crits oO!
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    you had 100K hurricane crits oO!
    Raid buffs might be cheat but i had a 138k tick crit with hurricane :-)

I had some 420k Hurricane crits on Elegon (with the damage multipliers).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Thumbs down

Is incarnation a "must" for natures vigil? I wanna try something other than DoC or HotW. Pairing SotF and berserking NV seems like it would be a good combo of sustained and burst to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzumzah View Post
    Is incarnation a "must" for natures vigil? I wanna try something other than DoC or HotW. Pairing SotF and berserking NV seems like it would be a good combo of sustained and burst to me
    Not required or a must have. That was tbh only my speculation i haven't looked into either NV or Incarnation to much because they'r not to surprising on the result i've seen on the logs and simulations.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2012-10-17 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Not required or a must have. That was tbh only my speculation i haven't looked into either NV or Incarnation to much because they'r not to surprising on the result i've seen on the logs and simulations.
    I recall when the patch first hit I was trying incarnation and it was such a huge loss on sustained that it left a really bad taste in my mouth so I stuck with SotF or FoN. I recently compared my dps on a dummy for six minute increments using DoC and HotW builds and they were both fairly close for me. My two issues are that the HotW cooldown kills me and the DoC rotation while great in sims is just ok with human error put in.
    What I am going to try tonight before raid time is 6 mins HotW vs 6 mins NV-SotF to see what it yields.
    What I'm theorizing is that the shorter cooldown will spread out the burst a little better and will have 15 seconds more up time
    Berserk and SotF will be allowing more energy for more abilities and finishers within NV of course
    More finishers will activate the free heals that also heal more and deal extra damage during NV (not a lot I'm sure but every little bit helps)

The main reason I am considering this is that I recieved the raid finder polearm and assume that it put my cat damage up enough to compete with my 463 weapon wrath spam.