If you're using Rune, with that gear you'll probably want to be running yellow gems. Sim it in Catus for yourself to be sure (depends on item level of your Rune).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    If you're using Rune, with that gear you'll probably want to be running yellow gems. Sim it in Catus for yourself to be sure (depends on item level of your Rune).
    I am indeed using Rune. Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    The show was great! Off Topic - I like (read: don't like) how they let Ana talk for like a minute at the beginning about how she hates Christmas music and the two guys get to say hey, what's up before they move on. ._. omg a girl plays a feral druid let's stare at her *eyeroll*

anyway...I've been having an issue letting my energy pool on fights like spoils to get the medium and large boxes down. I try not to burn all my energy swiping the smalls with them (this is heroic 10 btw) but without my dps on the smalls, we get a bit overwhelmed by unstable sparks. I've been having to use TF to keep up rather than buff my rakes/rips on med/large boxes. I have 4 piece t16 with RoR and heroic 2/2 renataki. Any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    I am indeed using Rune. Thanks for the quick reply!
    depends what rune you have, normal tf/heroic nontf - agility was pulling ahead still, atleast for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    The show was great! Off Topic - I like (read: don't like) how they let Ana talk for like a minute at the beginning about how she hates Christmas music and the two guys get to say hey, what's up before they move on. ._. omg a girl plays a feral druid let's stare at her *eyeroll*

anyway...I've been having an issue letting my energy pool on fights like spoils to get the medium and large boxes down. I try not to burn all my energy swiping the smalls with them (this is heroic 10 btw) but without my dps on the smalls, we get a bit overwhelmed by unstable sparks. I've been having to use TF to keep up rather than buff my rakes/rips on med/large boxes. I have 4 piece t16 with RoR and heroic 2/2 renataki. Any tips?
    those trinkets kinda bad for that encounter, rune is starving you more but still, having tot trinket still also a let down
    take SoTF and HoTW, if you not using it, and ye try save TF(getting AoC trinket would help get more TF out) when medium add pop-up

How to spoils:
    1. Turn on BL
    2. Start from big boxes
    3. Blame rdd for AoE boxes

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a weak aura to show what the damage is going to be for your bleeds before you put them up like for my rip it says 236,768 on the tool tip and for my rake it says 229,855.

I saw the one on fluid druid but I just dont like how it works.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Question of the day number 2345. Lads i just got my TED, ive not had a chance to try it out in raids yet but i did spend a couple of hours on the dummy with it over the last 2 days. Oddly enough i seem to be doing less dps with it than AOC, my other trinket being a haromms, but sims/catus show it as being better, any insight lads? cheers

The problem with TeD i that the agility decreases over time so unless you are prepared for the proc, more often than not the agility granted will be lower than that of AoC or Harrom's.

For this reason alone many people just avoid it. It sims higher because a computer will always be faster than we can be in a real situation.

If you are determined to use it you need to look up the advanced opener for it to take advantage of the proc, as well as practice pooling energy(not capping) in anticipation of a proc. If your AoC/Haromm's are equal ilvl I would just use those.

10+ Year Old Account
    for something like ted to be a dps increase I see it as you need to get your bleeds up asap anything less than 12ish stacks would be a dps loss
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-12-23 at 05:32 PM.
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    is there a weak aura to show what the damage is going to be for your bleeds before you put them up like for my rip it says 236,768 on the tool tip and for my rake it says 229,855.

I saw the one on fluid druid but I just dont like how it works.
    http://pastebin.com/1y94vHE1

Pretty sure this one is pretty standard for ferals. Seen a lot using this one, and I use it myself. Dont think you'll get one much better then this tbh, just play around with it's styling to your liking. I would give credit for this but I got passed it by another feral, not sure who made this but someone should know.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-12-23 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats exactly what I was looking for. man youre a champ moosie
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    not sure who made this but someone should know.
    The first one i saw with it was Fragnance from Method and that was quite a while ago.

Deleted
    Merry Xmas everybody! Question of the day number 239487!

Is it worth swapping to Rake as a the main combo point builder during temp agil procs like trinkets ect? (not Rune)

Questionable
    Last edited by mmokri; 2013-12-25 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Merry Xmas everybody! Question of the day number 239487!

Is it worth swapping to Rake as a the main combo point builder during temp agil procs like trinkets ect? (not Rune)
    Catus can show you the damage of each move, shed/rake/mangle/rip/thrash/swipe/etc, listed with each variation of possible procs. You can even compare mangle and rake directly. But, for the most part mangle wins out if there is no rune proc. Based on my gear anyways.

If by non rune you mean not having a rune at all.. then it might be more feasible, being your base mastery should be significantly higher than if you had rune. But, again, you should check catus for your specific gear since that's just a guess on my part.
    Last edited by The Cat; 2013-12-25 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Depends on your particular values of mastery, weapon damage, and agility, but I would say typically yes (assuming Feral Fury isn't up). It was worth it for me last tier with 4+ Blades stacks and it's worth it now with Vicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Aseyhe View Post
    Depends on your particular values of mastery, weapon damage, and agility, but I would say typically yes (assuming Feral Fury isn't up). It was worth it for me last tier with 4+ Blades stacks and it's worth it now with Vicious.
    *typically yes if you have good gear. If you don't have at least 545 you're probably not going to have enough mastery for it to be possible, so I wouldn't worry about.

Like The Cat said, you can import your character into Catus and click on the Mangle & Rake button under Computable Statistics, then from there you can figure out what procs it's worth raking during (although keep in mind that clipping a strong rake just to spam it is generally a no-no).

I think at 570 and higher it's a safe bet that it's worth raking, but below that you'll definitely want to check.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-12-25 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Catus can show you the damage of each move, shed/rake/mangle/rip/thrash/swipe/etc, listed with each variation of possible procs. You can even compare mangle and rake directly. But, for the most part mangle wins out if there is no rune proc. Based on my gear anyways.

If by non rune you mean not having a rune at all.. then it might be more feasible, being your base mastery should be significantly higher than if you had rune. But, again, you should check catus for your specific gear since that's just a guess on my part.
    I'm so jelly :<

WTB a Catus counterpart for Moonkins...Moonkus >.>

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    But, for the most part mangle wins out if there is no rune proc. Based on my gear anyways.
    Oh I missed this part from skimming. It's because your gear isn't good enough yet, that's all. It might be a slightly different point for each person but if you get enough gear it will eventually happen for everyone.

I investigated mangle VS shred with simcraft(DoC+SoTF).
    100% shred never wins
    100% mangle never wins
    50+% shred + AoC wins - big energy regen, thanks TF + SoTF + Bers + Clarity
    25+% shred + ilvl weapon wins - 20% increase to your best item(weapon)
    Last edited by mmokri; 2013-12-26 at 10:59 AM.