Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    If you apply rip on a target that is standing in an ursols vortex you will be able to extend that rips duration infinitively with shred/mangle. Keep in mind using it is probably classified as an exploit (I see it as one) if you get something special out of it. Dunno... stacking ferals for nefaria..... i mean hc elite protectors or something, so dont get fun ideas:P
    So this is how Stenhaldi is putting 1 rip up in a single fight, and its lasting throughout the entire fight. I wondered what was up with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    So this is how Stenhaldi is putting 1 rip up in a single fight, and its lasting throughout the entire fight. I wondered what was up with it.
    Yep :P
    It is hard to keep it up for super-long though. At some point you simply run out of energy and cooldowns for it. With lucky OOC procs it's possible to hold for pretty long however.

Okay.. didnt know that, lol

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    It does indeed proc off of both heals and spell damage. Not sure on answer but I imagine Dancing Steel is the best choice, will try to get back to you on that.

Edit: Jade Spirit is the best for both single target and AoE. Windsong is the worst, where Dancing Steel is about 1.66x better than Windsong and Jade Spirit is about 2x better than Windsong.
    Thanks, though later thinking about it I imagined Dancing Steel to be best aswell because I believe in a case of equal amount of int vs agi, agi should pull ahead? What makes Jade Spirit better then Dancing Steel?

It makes me curious how many other high ranked ferals are also doing this, and if their logs should be considered legitimate or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    If you apply rip on a target that is standing in an ursols vortex you will be able to extend that rips duration infinitively with shred/mangle. Keep in mind using it is probably classified as an exploit (I see it as one) if you get something special out of it. Dunno... stacking ferals for nefaria..... i mean hc elite protectors or something, so dont get fun ideas:P

Wait-wha huh....that sounds pretty crazy. I wonder how many people know about this and are using it in raid encounters. I would think that would basically make any kill that person had 'invalid' given that is a pretty big exploit, if used. Though a question as to Mangle vs Shred for during it? Doesn't matter, its a bug-report and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Wait-wha huh....that sounds pretty crazy. I wonder how many people know about this and are using it in raid encounters. I would think that would basically make any kill that person had 'invalid' given that is a pretty big exploit, if used. Though a question as to Mangle vs Shred for during it? Doesn't matter, its a bug-report and move on.
    Ive seen at least 3 #1 ranks that are using it, Stenhaldi included.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4a...=10617&e=11017
    Take this log for example, 3 rips casted during the whole fight. Yet it had almost a 6 minute uptime, and did 6 million more damage than Rake, hes also 14k above the next person. These should probably be taken down from WoL for this, honestly, and give people that arent using a bug a chance to compete.
    Last edited by Conatzer; 2012-12-13 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    Ive seen at least 3 #1 ranks that are using it, Stenhaldi included.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4a...=10617&e=11017
    Take this log for example, 3 rips casted during the whole fight. Yet it had almost a 6 minute uptime, and did 6 million more damage than Rake, hes also 14k above the next person. These should probably be taken down from WoL for this, honestly, and give people that arent using a bug a chance to compete.
    He uses it on every single #1 he has, delete em all!

Quote Originally Posted by AeRae View Post
    He uses it on every single #1 he has, delete em all!
    He's not the only one using it either, there's a few other rank 1s using it too.. I just tested it on a dummy, to see how/if it actually worked, and I kept rip up from one berserk to the next, with every possible buff, relic/bottle/pot/tf/DS. This is something that should be fixed asap.

During berserk I achieve 40second RIPs which is just crazy, you can also use Soul Swap from a warlock to swap the bleeding and the effect or bug of vortex persists.

Quote Originally Posted by nijuu View Post
    During berserk I achieve 40second RIPs which is just crazy, you can also use Soul Swap from a warlock to swap the bleeding and the effect or bug of vortex persists.
    *sigh* Things like this just shouldn't happen (not the SS from the Warlock) but the exploit in general. You aren't doing anything but hurting yourself. Any log where this is exploited is invalid for the feral and/or raid team. It is cheating. Though not as 'extreme' as the seal exploit last tier, same idea, should be the same punishments.

Edit: Sent an in game bug report about it though very concerned about putting up an actually post on the wow forums, given someone is bound to not know about it and use it.
    Last edited by FeralSynapse; 2012-12-13 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    I agree with it should probably not be used and should be hotixed really soon. But I found it funny first of all because I HAVE NO FRIGGING CLUE WHAT URSOLS VORTEX HAS TO DO WITH BLEEDS. Secondly it lets you try a rogue'ish playstyle and will make you remember why you chose feral over a rogue

*sigh* Things like this just shouldn't happen (not the SS from the Warlock) but the exploit in general. You aren't doing anything but hurting yourself. Any log where this is exploited is invalid for the feral and/or raid team. It is cheating. Though not as 'extreme' as the seal exploit last tier, same idea, should be the same punishments.
    Why should it hurt anyone? For using it to see which impact it has on farm bosses? There is not a single boss where doing this will actually give you an advantage to exploit some mechanics of bosses. The only thing I can think off is that you won't be able to claim parses if that thing isn't hotfixed soon. I really don't care about people ranking with it, its not their fault and if it gives you an edge, people will use it. Just being honest here. Noone cared about the Ambershaper bug where you could just oneshot the mob with combustion and noone will care about this bug when its hotfixed soon. Logs won't be deleted, there are still so many logs from last month where people abused the combustion bug and they won't get removed.

To clarify, I'm not using it to rank myself, just giving an honest opinion on it.
    Last edited by nijuu; 2012-12-13 at 10:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    #2.7 Gear list!
    Alaron's gear list is flawless
    When looking at a spell casters weapon you rather have Crit and Haste because that are then only stats that is beneficial for HotW during if doing resto or balance stuff.
    This link doesn't work, I get a 404 from their site.

Quote Originally Posted by Obblivion View Post
    Thanks, though later thinking about it I imagined Dancing Steel to be best aswell because I believe in a case of equal amount of int vs agi, agi should pull ahead? What makes Jade Spirit better then Dancing Steel?
    To be honest, I have no idea. 5% more SP from Leather Specialization should be superior to the pitiful amount of spell crit you get from the Intellect.

SimC report can be found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1086121/simc...ults_hotw.html

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Why should it hurt anyone? For using it to see which impact it has on farm bosses? There is not a single boss where doing this will actually give you an advantage to exploit some mechanics of bosses. The only thing I can think off is that you won't be able to claim parses if that thing isn't hotfixed soon. I really don't care about people ranking with it, its not their fault and if it gives you an edge, people will use it. Just being honest here. Noone cared about the Ambershaper bug where you could just oneshot the mob with combustion and noone will care about this bug when its hotfixed soon. Logs won't be deleted, there are still so many logs from last month where people abused the combustion bug and they won't get removed.

To clarify, I'm not using it to rank myself, just giving an honest opinion on it.
    Because cheating is cheating? Farm bosses or not, doesn't matter. The ambershaper bug shouldn't count either in terms of dps/logs and it's WOL's fault for not removing them. The data is just not accurate. There's a difference between an edge and an exploit. It's not an edge if its a broken mechanic or a bug that is not working as intended, using it is the very nature of an exploit.

A good majority of players have not cleared TOES heroic yet so realistic numbers might still be important to them. If a raid leader sees someone doing +14k more dps w/ similar gear (one person using an exploit-the other not) they are bound to come down on, and maybe even possibly bench, the person not using the exploit because they can't pull the numbers of the said ranked player who is using the exploit.

Unless you know the feral class well, this isn't a bug you'd catch very easily and it wouldn't surprise me if someone overlooked 'Hey-why was this only cast once or twice' kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    To be honest, I have no idea. 5% more SP from Leather Specialization should be superior to the pitiful amount of spell crit you get from the Intellect.

SimC report can be found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1086121/simc...ults_hotw.html
    If I'm reading it right then Dancing Steel wrath seems to have higher possible max hit, but Jade Spirit wrath is hitting harder on average and has higher minimum hit for some reason. Also Dancing Steel has higher uptime (withing expected rng range still though I suppose), but slightly lower benefit, which also seems very wierd due to leather specialization. 0.3% higher crit% for Jade Spirit. Everything seems to be same on both profiles apart from the enchant.
    Maybe one of the enchants has been entered wrong into Simulationcraft like Dancing Steel isn't benefiting from leather spec or something?
    Last edited by Obblivion; 2012-12-14 at 02:35 AM.

Because cheating is cheating? Farm bosses or not, doesn't matter. The ambershaper bug shouldn't count either in terms of dps/logs and it's WOL's fault for not removing them. The data is just not accurate. There's a difference between an edge and an exploit. It's not an edge if its a broken mechanic or a bug that is not working as intended, using it is the very nature of an exploit.

A good majority of players have not cleared TOES heroic yet so realistic numbers might still be important to them. If a raid leader sees someone doing +14k more dps w/ similar gear (one person using an exploit-the other not) they are bound to come down on, and maybe even possibly bench, the person not using the exploit because they can't pull the numbers of the said ranked player who is using the exploit.

Unless you know the feral class well, this isn't a bug you'd catch very easily and it wouldn't surprise me if someone overlooked 'Hey-why was this only cast once or twice' kind of thing.
    Just went through the first 5 logs on some bosses, you will be surprised how many ferals even in topguilds used it before this was announced in that forum here ;=)

Just went through the first 5 logs on some bosses, you will be surprised how many ferals even in topguilds used it before this was announced in that forum here ;=)
    Whatever gets you ahead I guess. I wonder what the 'real' dps spectrum is for feral DPS then, any log where this bug was used, regardless of who used, it really doesn't count anymore or rather, shouldn't count.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This link doesn't work, I get a 404 from their site.
    Thanks for saying i will see if i can work something out.