Page 88 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does anyone happen to know what the BiS trinkets are for Feral this patch. My Feral druid friend seems to be somewhat clueless about what trinket he should be aiming to get. He currently has a 543 Rune and a 567 Assurance.

15+ Year Old Account
    thne his current trinkets are pretty accurate
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Hello fellow Kitties, i'm brand new to the spec having played a rogue in the past - very poorly - i was wondering if it was worth using ovale?

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Does anyone happen to know what the BiS trinkets are for Feral this patch. My Feral druid friend seems to be somewhat clueless about what trinket he should be aiming to get. He currently has a 543 Rune and a 567 Assurance.
    Haromm's is a bit better than Assurance on paper and mostly comes down to preference as to which you should use, so he should get one when he can to try it out and see if he prefers it over Assurance. In the meantime though, he should pass it to others that can take it as an immediate upgrade since he's got such a nice trinket already.

Also, he'd be looking to get a Haromm's of at least equal item level to his Assurance to consider replacing it.

Rune is BiS and they only thing he can replace it with is a TFed version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mankeli View Post
    Hello fellow Kitties, i'm brand new to the spec having played a rogue in the past - very poorly - i was wondering if it was worth using ovale?
    Yes, definitely. It will help you understand what you should be using and when, and if you prefer you can stop using it once you feel you've got a good understanding of things.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-10-09 at 12:25 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Yes, definitely. It will help you understand what you should be using and when, and if you prefer you can stop using it once you feel you've got a good understanding of things.
    Isn't there a special script for it? on fluiddruid.net or something?

Install this addon in addition to Ovale: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/nerien-ovale-scripts

Then that will add Leafkiller's script as an option when you type /ovale script

Got a skype/im i can talk to? i can't direct message on here until 10 posts or i would.

Edit: did download Ovale and the Script it was just telling me to do weird things like spam rake :s.
    Last edited by Mankeli; 2013-10-09 at 01:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mankeli View Post
    Got a skype/im i can talk to? i can't direct message on here until 10 posts or i would.

Edit: did download Ovale and the Script it was just telling me to do weird things like spam rake :s.
    You'll need to have the extra addon Nerien's Ovale Script and the you need to change from the original script (That sucks) to Leafkiller's Ovale Script.

There's a bug with the script that's causing it to suggest rake more than intended. It will be fixed very soon.

Curious about the best practices for using the TED trinket, and whether it will actually work out to be that good for feral. Are there any other tricks to it other than raking on proc, getting a rip up asap and maybe a thrash as it winds down?

I understand the huge upside this trinket could have and that the sims are most likely reflecting this, but I worry that it may be to hard to take advantage of in actual play.

i tried TED for 20min and then gave it to the next person, at least with renataki i could wait for ror while renataki was up and until gained dps. with TED you lose as you wait and if ror doesnt even proc, you really lose

Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    Curious about the best practices for using the TED trinket, and whether it will actually work out to be that good for feral. Are there any other tricks to it other than raking on proc, getting a rip up asap and maybe a thrash as it winds down?

I understand the huge upside this trinket could have and that the sims are most likely reflecting this, but I worry that it may be to hard to take advantage of in actual play.
    There is an opener that consists on getting a super fast rip with T16 set 4.
    I think Aggixx came up with it.
    goes this way if I'm not mistaken.

Pre fight HT
    Pre pot
    stealth
    sneak
    TF in stealth
    Savage roar also in stealth
    set 4 procs 3 cp.
    Ravage crits, thats 5 cp
    Everything procs here
    Rip with rune, TED at at least 18 stacks left, TF, DoC, tricks(optional), dancing steel, and synapse if you have them, use them right before rip because they break stealth.

and then you play hawk.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2013-10-09 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    There is an opener that consists on getting a super fast rip with T16 set 4.
    I think Aggixx came up with it.
    goes this way if I'm not mistaken.

Pre fight HT
    Pre pot
    stealth
    sneak
    TF in stealth
    Savage roar also in stealth
    set 4 procs 3 cp.
    Ravage crits, thats 5 cp
    Everything procs here
    Rip with rune, TED at at least 18 stacks left, TF, DoC, tricks(optional), dancing steel, and synapse if you have them, use them right before rip because they break stealth.

and then you play hawk.
    That doesnt really help later on in the fight when you may or not have those things available, which is what I am more concerned with.

edit: that lead up might not actually work if TED procs off of the HT, prowl or SR. seeing reports that the trinket is proccing on nearly any activity.
    Last edited by Meejum; 2013-10-09 at 09:12 PM.

Interesting, haven't heard of TED proccing off those things, if it is it's definitely a bug. Anyways, that opener is only worth doing if you're DoC and have RoR and TED, which I imagine is fairly few people. And even then it's also a pain in the ass to pull off.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10160545961

only a few posts, and none are druids, but I wouldnt expect different behavior based on class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    And even then it's also a pain in the ass to pull off.
    QFT

I tried this a couple times when using Haromm's and boss movement at the start of the fight makes doing this extremely frustrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    QFT

I tried this a couple times when using Haromm's and boss movement at the start of the fight makes doing this extremely frustrating.
    I found this to be doable only on Immerseus, Norushen, Sha of Pride, Iron juggernaut, Malkorok and Garrosh. For the love of god don't do it on Nazgrim or Siegecrafter. Klaxxi are a pain in the ass anyway and Galakras is..... pure aids.

Deleted
    http://www.wowprogress.com/simdps/

4 ferals in the top 10, rise of the kittys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/simdps/

4 ferals in the top 10, rise of the kittys
    It's not fair....I'm gimped by not having a heroic weapon!!! 4 Immerseus kills and 2 Malkorok kills is 12 chances to get one, but no luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    It's not fair....I'm gimped by not having a heroic weapon!!! 4 Immerseus kills and 2 Malkorok kills is 12 chances to get one, but no luck.
    dont complain, i am gimped becase i never had lei shen's trinket drop not even on normal mode
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE