Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I dont really know how you manage to get shred up there o.O Which stats are you going for?
    Mastery>Crit>Hit=Exp>Haste

Zumzah US-Trollbane in the armory

Rip, shred, and melee fluxuate top three depending on the fight. Rip drops off for a couple seconds sometimes. Rake usually has 100% uptime, I even clip it sometimes when I have TF ready or NV is about to fall off.. Just now I hit up a dummy in sw and was gettin 27% melee 27% shred 24% rip 15% rake stopped dps about a minute and a half after the second Zerk/NV. Raid buffed the bleeds are closer. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong because I'm always #1 on the charts and when it's single target I'm #1 by a good margin, which befuddles my GM because every other feral in the guild is a hot mess and couldn't dps themselves out of a paper bag.. I wish I knew how to share logs so I could show what I'm doing

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont what is the stat value of agi, vs mastery?
    for gemming mostly, should i sue 320 mastery or 180 agi ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Something just popped into my brain... If you use glyph of shred, when TF and Zerk are active, does it still cast "Shred!" While behind the target or is it still just "Shred"? That may explain why it's so high on my meters because the damage isn't splite between the two variations during cooldowns.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i dont what is the stat value of agi, vs mastery?
    for gemming mostly, should i sue 320 mastery or 180 agi ?
    Use either pure agility, agility/mastery, or agility/hit; aiming for socket bonuses.... Agility is king and is only outweighed by secondaries when there's a decent bonus

Glyph of Shred swaps your "Shred" ability out for "Shred!" during Berserk or TF, regardless of positioning.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Glyph of Shred swaps your "Shred" ability out for "Shred!" during Berserk or TF, regardless of positioning.
    Thanks aggixx, so that explains it. Now lets just hope that the 2pc tier bonus is applied to "Shred!" as well and not bugged like the last time shred was buffed and Shred! Was forgotten.

Speaking of which, I suppose the 5% to shred might benefit the SotF/NV build the most considering its a big portion of the damage (well mine anyway).

15+ Year Old Account
    so is 180 agi better then 320 mastery ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Yes, same stat prio as cata for us.

Deleted
    The mastery gem would have to be 3x then the amount of agility to be worth changing... Yes agility is that strong(Or secondarys are that bad)

Looking at mine Agility is 3.98 and Mastery is 1.24... ! this is something to take in consideration when picking a hybrid gem with socket bonus generally it would be worth going for socket bonus.

320 Mastery gem would be: 396.8 PP

160 agility would be: 636.8 PP

80 Agility+160Mastery would be: 516.8 PP with a socket bonus of 60 agility it would be 755.6, With a socket bonus of 120 mastery it would be 665.6(Still worth it) But a socket bonus with Haste (In my value was 1.03) It would be 633.3 (Slight worse then a full agility gem would be)

Disclaimer; This is the value with my gears and 4-6 PP values choosing between a socket bonus etc wont really change much that you ingame would notice, Also alot of factors will change the value of secondary stats depending on fight mechanic e.i Adds or Downtime on boss.

Edit: Added this to Answer and Question section on the guide.

15+ Year Old Account
    An other question, how to shine on stone guards,
    there always 2 dogs up to dps, should I use swipe or trash more often or stick to normal single target rotation ?
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2012-11-06 at 12:57 PM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    You should:
    Keep SR up as close to 100% as possible
    Keep Rake up on both targets as close to 100% as possible (preferably with DoC)
    Keep Thrash up as high as possible (preferably with DoC)
    Keep Rip up as much as you can with the remaining energy
    Don't Bite, unless it's to refresh Rip < 25% health

Then you end up with damage breakdowns like this:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...?s=4454&e=4780

Note, this is only #25 rank as of last night, so there is room for improvement.

Two questions for Stone Guards to the poster above

-Do you use rip exclusively with 5 cp on that fight?
    -Do you shred/mangle to extend the rip duration, and if so you do, what you do with the extra combopoints?

A question for Gara'Jal

-I solo kill the adds in the spirit realm, which means damage per energy is important. With how many CP do i get the highest damage per energy spent?
    Last edited by vlobben; 2012-11-06 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vlobben View Post
    Two questions for Stone Guards to the poster above

-Do you shred/mangle to extend the rip duration, and if so you do, what you do with the extra combopoints?

A question for Gara'Jal

-I solo kill the adds in the spirit realm, which means damage per energy is important. With how many CP do i get the highest damage per energy spent?
    Ferals should never go down to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    It was the only thing that ended up working for us. Go with whatever works, right? Anyway, still curious about the question

I have a question regarding DoC.. I understand I need to try and DoC to apply Rips and Rakes.. What is the best way to get DoC to proc for my Rips? Should I just be using HT as soon as I get a pred proc? Or should I be trying to wait? I am already using my natures swiftness to proc Doc to apply a rip every minute, but I was wondering about the other rips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    I thought you would just send your strongest dps down stairs. O:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    Ideally you want to send your strongest ranged down (boomkins awesome at this) ferals lose so much damage on target switches, especially if the targets have small amounts of health and are spread out like in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelva View Post
    Ideally you want to send your strongest ranged down (boomkins awesome at this) ferals lose so much damage on target switches, especially if the targets have small amounts of health and are spread out like in this fight.
    Energy is the limiting factor for our damage downstairs, the only thing lost by moving is the melee damage. This is offset by the fact that we leave two strong dots behind after moving to the next target. Granted, there are obviously more suited classes for this job out there, but for average and below-average guild that may not be an option (lack of certain classes or lack of skilled people playing those classes)
    Last edited by vlobben; 2012-11-07 at 09:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vlobben View Post
    - Yes.
    - That depends, is a dog swap incoming? If so, I need energy for that swap to apply rake/thrash on the new dog. No swap? What are the timers on my rakes/thrash? If I have time to extend the rip duration, those extra combopoints go to savage roar.

Note that this is by no means a definite 'guide' on how to tackle Stone Guards HC. Rip uptime could be up to 25% higher for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    Nope, i've never been down but for example our crappy geared shadow priest whos bottom of overall damage does the best dps downstairs, most melee (maybe apart from DK's will be crap down)

DKs are actually a very viable choice for spirit realm DPS. (I've heard) in 10m a DK with Glyph of Succor can solo bottom without a healer.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-11-07 at 11:44 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer