i cant get the ursol vortex exploit to work on a dummy.

attempt:
    get 5 cp > cast vortex under dummy > rip(5cp) > shred spam

result: caps at 19secs, after three extends

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratogod View Post
    i cant get the ursol vortex exploit to work on a dummy.

attempt:
    get 5 cp > cast vortex under dummy > rip(5cp) > shred spam

result: caps at 19secs, after three extends
    As posted very recently.....there was a hotfix to the UV-->Rip bug

No more infinite Rips!

So it looks like they're trying to completely force us into DOC now after looking at the t15 2 piece and the nerf to NV.

Item - Druid T15 Feral 2P Bonus (New) Predatory Swiftness grants you an additional combo point on your current combo target when consumed.
    Item - Druid T15 Feral 4P Bonus (New) After using Tiger's Fury, you gain 40% increased critical strike chance on the next 3 uses of Mangle, Shred, or Ferocious Bite.

I guess it will make the rotation a bit smoother but I personally don't like the DOC rotation, but after the NV nerf and this new 2 set bonus I don't think they are giving us a viable choice any more.
    Last edited by Longrod Vonhugendong; 2013-01-10 at 03:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    forced into doc and have to be more aggressive with it in execute range

Deleted
    The 4 set sounds interesting indeed, But as you said it feels like we'r forced for DoC. The 2 set dosn't ideally mean we need to use DoC instead of NV or HotW we just need to consume the PS strike and we will get alot more finishers because we probably only need to fit into the 3rd CP for DoC or 4th CP for normal rotation. What this means is that SofT will be way stronger then it is atm and it is already the talent of choice. But i like the new set bonuses way more then t14.
    Edit:The 4 set will make an interesting value to hit 40% crit so we'll have a crit cap with those spells because i can see that becoming really great Critcaping FB and the combo point regeneration would be awesome because we can be secured with Primal Fury.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2013-01-10 at 08:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    why would the 2pc force us into DoC? ppl that use DoC already use those nature swiftnesses, ppl that use thew other 2 talents will just use the naturesiftnesses along with thier normal rotation, the 2pc does not make DoC better, it stays the same

as for crit capping i doubt that be worth it, if getting a better cp generation was what cats realy needed then ccrit would already have a higher base value, imo all it does is reducde the power of crit above 40% not making it better below it.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    The 2pc will make DoC stronger and easier to execute. The damage you would be able to securely pump out with a crit caped FB with TF and DoC aswell as having Primal Fury procs from the other 2 stacks is awesome but Mastery is a very strong stat the question is how strong when we makle the simulations. I never said the 2pc will force us into DoC it will just make DoC stronger and easier it will aswell make the normal rotation easier because you'll only need to hit 4th CP when HT then you get an finisher.

I said it would force us into it, but I suppose I should say that the 2 piece strongly favors DOC over the other two level 90 talents. I can see where aiming for 60% crit with the 4pc could be worth while for FB since it does hit like a truck if it crits with 50 energy. Don,t get me wrong I currently use all my PS procs for HTs on the raid so the bonus will be good for me as well, but I just don't like the way it makes DOC look like the talent Blizzard wants us to use since this does reinforce it as the strongest dps choice of the tier after all the "we want you to choose whichever talent you like" BS they've been saying since before MOP launched. I know DOC is on most fights the highest dps choice but I like the way NV works; it has great burst and also does a ton of healing while it is up which can help a ton on fights where heals need a little help. The way it is currently I don't mind sacrificing a couple % damage for an easier rotation and a large amount of extra healing, but with the NV nerf coming and this new 2pc I just cannot see the other 2 talents coming close to competing damage wise with DOC.
    Last edited by Longrod Vonhugendong; 2013-01-10 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    the set bonus is amazing for DoC, so many times i find myself at 3cp with PS running out, now it wont matter because we can use it at 3cp and then rake to 5cp with a buffed rip! cant wait personally. Not to mention the 40% crit bonus on shreds making CP generation that much sweeter.

Defiantly a set aimed at simplifying DoC, gonna be a right PITA come next patch when the next set bonus doesn't help us at all and we are all so used to this style that we flop

15+ Year Old Account
    yes i see now hopw that works whne your stuck at 3 or 4 cp's, that will indeed make DoC a better option.
    btw currently i use HotW, i love the ranged / healing aspect of it
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    yes i see now hopw that works whne your stuck at 3 or 4 cp's, that will indeed make DoC a better option.
    btw currently i use HotW, i love the ranged / healing aspect of it
    it provides great utility for 10 mans (not needed so much in 25) and still provides the best AoE option (hurricane is still amazing with HOTW) but DoC is defiantly better for dps.

Deleted
    Actually quiet surprised by this. Was expecting something very generic but seems they actually gave us something of use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Actually quiet surprised by this. Was expecting something very generic but seems they actually gave us something of use.
    Yeah same. It's quite wierd comparing this tier's set bonus (lolboring) with the new one. It seems they made nearly every class' set bonus interesting. Then again I am not sure if I like to depend that much on my set bonus because the dps upgrade will be insane. I mean... we'll allways have every single rip buffed with DoC.
    I am going to say it right now but this likely seems a bit OP. Did they not try to remove burst damage from pvp? Why would they make us able to relyably crit with spells then?
    This will make Tiger's Fury so much more stronger that is for sure. Getting a DoC rip powered with Tiger's fury will not be that wierd anymore either.

Deleted
    * When i talked about crit cap i for some reason imagined the bonus to be 60% instead of 40%... reaching 60% crit dosn't seems like something we want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    the set bonus is amazing for DoC, so many times i find myself at 3cp with PS running out, now it wont matter because we can use it at 3cp and then rake to 5cp with a buffed rip! cant wait personally.
    it's only 1 CP, so u end up with 4 , and how the fuck u gonna have a buffed 5cp rip??!
    this 2p set bonus is bullshit, indeed it's force to use a DoC talent which makes rotation more complecated and add GCD in it of using Healing touch and watching fucking proc loosing focus on otheres main abilities
    I want to be Revange! included instead it was so awesome during 4.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    it's only 1 CP, so u end up with 4 , and how the fuck u gonna have a buffed 5cp rip??!
    this 2p set bonus is bullshit, indeed it's force to use a DoC talent which makes rotation more complecated and add GCD in it of using Healing touch and watching fucking proc loosing focus on otheres main abilities
    If you are at 3 cp before using your PS proc, you are relying on a crit to get you to 5 cp. With the 2p if you are at 3 cp, you consume your PS which brings you to 4 cp. Pop TF, then use rake which now puts you at 5 cp (with or w/o a crit) and then you still have your 1 charge left for a DoC buffed Rip!

Deleted
    the hard crit cap is 35% for FB with the 4p T15. 25% base against bleeding target + 40% leaves us at 65% crit chanse with 4p TF. Resulting in 35% crit left over. I have no issues reaching this amount in raids as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    Maybe you'd like to understand the mechanics behind DoC and combo points before you call a set bonus "bullshit". This is actually a really strong set bonus (both of them) for us and you could say that it pushes you into playing DoC a bit more but you get PS procs regardless of the Level 90 talent so it's still a quicker way to cycle through your rotation.

Plus this is only on PTR - it might not even make it to live. Test it out before you go wildly judging.

Edit: Crit cap on FB will be 35% not 60%.
    Last edited by Daniie; 2013-01-10 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    I really don't understand every ones whine about DoC, Yes it makes the rotation a bit more difficult but not to the point where its annoying and unplayable. If you really have difficulties watching 1 extra timer I would advise you to stay away from more focused DoT Classes. The new 2 set does make DoC better but doesn't force you to play it, It just makes DoC better. I bet there's a lot of players that are using HoTW right now even though its worse than DoC. Just because something is better doesn't generally mean you have to use it. If its such a smaller upgrade and people forget with higher ilvl comes more agility meaning the 6% from HoTW will get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidums View Post
    I really don't understand every ones whine about DoC, Yes it makes the rotation a bit more difficult but not to the point where its annoying and unplayable. If you really have difficulties watching 1 extra timer I would advise you to stay away from more focused DoT Classes. The new 2 set does make DoC better but doesn't force you to play it, It just makes DoC better. I bet there's a lot of players that are using HoTW right now even though its worse than DoC. Just because something is better doesn't generally mean you have to use it. If its such a smaller upgrade and people forget with higher ilvl comes more agility meaning the 6% from HoTW will get stronger.
    It's not the difficulty that is the problem for me I generally enjoy a more challenging rotation which is why i like feral in the first place. I just like NV for my 90 talent and I do really well with it; I have quite a few high ranks on WOL only using NV. I just like the idea of my damage doing healing as well, and it does a considerable amount of it. Don't get me wrong I currently use every PS proc with a HT mouse over macro on whoever needs it most in the raid so the 2 piece will benefit me without taking DOC, but the viability of NV will be much less with the nerf to it and this 2 piece bonus just sounds to me like they are saying we only want you to use DOC for feral. The 6% from HoTW will get stronger of course as gear gets better, but so would the damage increase from DOC I would think. I may be wrong but I don't think it will close the gap in dps difference with higher ilvl.