Page 38 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes, it's very similar to the rag trinket. It has more in common with the older incarnations though which had a set number of stacks where it would trigger: http://www.wowhead.com/item=28785

And this is the buff provided by the gem: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137596
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-02-12 at 10:04 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Wow that is kind of crappy, given casters have the option for Raw intellect. Seems the only class this meta would be good for is the Warrior. All the other Non-int melee/ranged are going to prefer the main stat over crit. If the damage is *that* good the meta is just going to be more Op for a Fury warrior who value 1 crit = 1 strength + the damage.
    Last edited by FeralSynapse; 2013-02-12 at 10:32 PM.

Eh, I feel as if classes like warriors who super-value crit also get shafted because they lose the 3% crit damage since a much larger portion of their damage pool is from crits. Oh well, if this metagem is slightly better for certain classes, it's probably within a 1k difference. I'm much more inclined to worry about other stuff like how the fight design for T15 sucks so hard with the amount of cleave and ranged only dps parts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Wow that is kind of crappy, given casters have the option for Raw intellect. Seems the only class this meta would be good for is the Warrior. All the other Non-int melee/ranged are going to prefer the main stat over crit. If the damage is *that* good the meta is just going to be more Op for a Fury warrior who value 1 crit = 1 strength + the damage.
    I do feel we got shafted a little, putting agi on them would have been nice but it does depend on how much damage the proc does, and if it scales well with AP (like the trinket from DS) it will most likely be good. That said it probably will be BiS anyway.

Deleted
    Well shit enhancment shamans will have the gem scaling with mastery if I'm not wrong... If they want melee to share a gem and can't choice between Agility and Str and they came up with a secondary stat what the heck, They could easily put attack power on it and everyone would be happy.

I don't see why people care so much, if they do their job it'll be good enough that everyone wants to use it and if it makes a specific spec too good then they'll get nerfed.

Deleted
    Hello everyone,

who play´s challenge modes with his cat?
    Yesterday, i was in a CM group (Hunter,Rouge, Warri Tank, Resto Shami and me) for the first Time, but i was very unsatisfied with my Damage.
    Can you give some Tips and Tricks. For example which Talents do you prefer? Any Special Items or a other Reforge Stat prio to make more Aoe Damage?
    Thx for your help and sorry for my English

15+ Year Old Account
    well CM's is more then just AOE

i did a few CM's but i used my same gear / stats / reforges and gems and talents as i normally use
    i do ohowever use HotW for a bit more utility, like empowered tranquility, or offtanking or massive hurricane aoe
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Hey everyone,

I am wondering if you might take some time to look over my druid:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rails/advanced

I'm a "very" recently converted feral cat - from guardian. (evident from my use of guardian tier pieces). I was I just wanted to ask quickly if in the current content there were fights where a certain talent set-up would be "more" useful then another.

I have been using different combinations of SoTF with HoTW - Incarnation with NV - SoTF with NV - SoTF with DOC.

Of those:
    Incarnation with NV offered ridiculous controlled burst but was more difficult to manage CP without SoTF.
    SotF with NV offered an easy rotation and respectable damage.
    SoTF with HoTW gave me the ability to solo heal through rain of blades on Wind Lord to offer healers some respite - while also providing respectable overall damage.

SoTF with DoC was proving to be be the most difficult - but after spending a bunch of time practising this offers so much sustained damage I will be sticking to it for nearly everything.

Here are a couple of logs from last night: I was using SoTF and NV - Looking at them now my SR, Ripe, Rake and Thrash up times have a LOT of room for improvement.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=6379&e=6844
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=8003&e=8487

This sample was taken prior to me getting "what I feel is comfortable with DoC", as well I was still gemmed and enchanted for Guardian - I changed gemming after the run

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Last edited by Yayorelay; 2013-02-13 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moli View Post
    Hello everyone,

who play´s challenge modes with his cat?
    Yesterday, i was in a CM group (Hunter,Rouge, Warri Tank, Resto Shami and me) for the first Time, but i was very unsatisfied with my Damage.
    Can you give some Tips and Tricks. For example which Talents do you prefer? Any Special Items or a other Reforge Stat prio to make more Aoe Damage?
    Thx for your help and sorry for my English
    Normal dps talents - charge, sotf, HoTW, etc.

For big packs use hurricane. Try to get off at least two hurricanes per instance. Thrash + swipe on mass aoe when hurricane is not available, and rake cleave + thrash on 5 or fewer targets. Unless they're about to die, in which case swipe a couple times.

So special reforge or stat priority - it's still the same mastery > crit > haste.

While the majority of your damage is done to trash packs/aoe, the majority of your time is spent fighting bosses, so you should still be at 7.5/7.5 cap.

Yayorelay:

Your gear looks fine. Reforging and gemming are perfect.

The best advice I can give is to drop DoC and pick up either one of the other two talents. Regardless of whether you're comfortable or not with DoC, attention used on it = attention taken away from elsewhere, and chances are that missing attention is worth far far more than the theoretical 2-3% damage you get out of it.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-02-13 at 08:35 PM.

Some updates to consider:

Capacitive Primal Diamond – 15.00 base RealPPM on landing melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD. At 5 stacks, fires Lightning Strike, which deals [280 + 75% AP] Nature damage. That base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient by spec:
    - Feral: 1.934

Agility DPS
    - Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault – 15% chance on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 105 sec ICD.
    - Renataki’s Soul Charm – 0.56 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD.
    - Talisman of Bloodlust – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
    - Bad Juju – 0.50 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD. Voodoo Gnomes are mostly for flavor; they deal ~200 damage before armor per hit.
    - Rune of Re-Origination – 0.46 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD

"Can you at least clarify how Rune of Re-Origination would work? Wording on the trinket is not very clear."
    Warning: technical mumbo jumbo follows.

At proc time, it checks how much crit, haste, and mastery you have (yes, this is a snapshot, and does NOT include the mastery raid buff). It finds which is the highest of those 3 (tie breaking rule: crit trumps haste trumps mastery), and gives you a buff of +[sum of lowest two stats] to your highest stat, and -[lowest stat A] and -[lowest stat B]. For example, if you have 6000 mastery, 3000 crit, 2000 haste, and the proc goes off, it gives you a buff that provides [+5000 mastery, -3000 crit, -2000 haste]. It does not continue adjusting that buff as stats change during its duration. Yes, this means that if you have a temporary buff to a stat that is not your highest (even with the temporary buff), and that temporary buff falls off during Re-Origination, you *could* end up with negative rating. In this obscure edge case, negative crit does reduce your crit chance, negative mastery does reduce whatever it normally does, and negative haste is ignored.

In the case of the trinket I would avoid using any other trinkets that would make your crit or haste go above your baseline mastery. This could be a tricky one to use-however I should see this doing insane damage w/ DoC if you can put it up with TF+ this trinket.

Deleted
    Well 22 seconds ICD made Rune of Re-Origination a bit more interesting at least for Rip. Depending on the haste levels of our base iteams Talisman of Bloodlust might not be bad at all since it will be converted to mastery. Time is what is between us and the answer to what trinket that is best for us :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Well 22 seconds ICD made Rune of Re-Origination a bit more interesting at least for Rip. Depending on the haste levels of our base iteams Talisman of Bloodlust might not be bad at all since it will be converted to mastery. Time is what is between us and the answer to what trinket that is best for us :-)
    I completely agree with this point as well. I am just happy they gave us this information in advance. Since we are stacking mastery and haste being so low on the totem pole of stats as it is, won't hurt to use it. On a personal gear level you'll just have to keep an eye on it to ensure mastery is always buffed.

15+ Year Old Account
    would be funny if negative crit / haste & mastery would have a negative effect

also with Rune of Re-Origination i expect a lot of "a more powerfull buff is already aplied" errors in our rotation
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    would be funny if negative crit / haste & mastery would have a negative effect

also with Rune of Re-Origination i expect a lot of "a more powerfull buff is already aplied" errors in our rotation
    Uhh, it does, GC explicitly said that in his post. Unfortunately that makes it even worse and it was already terrible in the first place for most specs.

And probably won't be seeing that issue anymore, pretty sure they changed/fixed it so that doesn't happen ever.

Deleted
    Mmm. With the T15 2set, it looks like all of us are kinda forced into using the DoC talent...

Deleted
    Not really. We have a lot of spare time as feral and given that we should have a GCD of 1sec on our heals I'm quite sure it'd be nice, yes, for DoC but its not going to 'force' you to play the spec entirely. I see it as a bit of a cherry on the top, a slight reward, as its not totally reliable to get CPs.

2 set has the same synergy as both DoC and SotF in that encourages you generate (and not waste) combo points as much as possible. Every PvE feral should already be using SotF for most fights anyway so it's not going to change anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Atalanta- View Post
    Mmm. With the T15 2set, it looks like all of us are kinda forced into using the DoC talent...
    Not really, was playing around on the PTR quite a bit and the set bonus doesn't really change anything. The 2pc changes absolutely nothing because you only get 75% chance to gain 1 combo point after a finisher. This means you still have to pool energy in preparation for not getting that extra combo point. It'll make getting more DoC'd rip/rakes up if you are just mindlessly spamming buttons, for for those which actually play the class right, and plan ahead, it's a bit of a waste tbh, the only reason I will use it would be for the 4pc, which again, if you are using TF, will most likely get you 4-5 combo points anyway, this just seems overkill on combo points and I can see 1 combo point going to waste if you are aiming to get a FB/SR done with them.

When I first looked at it, I thought it was amazing, but after actually trying it, it's quite "meh". It's better then our T14 because that was just flat out bad, but it's not the best i've ever seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Not really, was playing around on the PTR quite a bit and the set bonus doesn't really change anything. The 2pc changes absolutely nothing because you only get 75% chance to gain 1 combo point after a finisher. This means you still have to pool energy in preparation for not getting that extra combo point. It'll make getting more DoC'd rip/rakes up if you are just mindlessly spamming buttons, for for those which actually play the class right, and plan ahead, it's a bit of a waste tbh, the only reason I will use it would be for the 4pc, which again, if you are using TF, will most likely get you 4-5 combo points anyway, this just seems overkill on combo points and I can see 1 combo point going to waste if you are aiming to get a FB/SR done with them.

When I first looked at it, I thought it was amazing, but after actually trying it, it's quite "meh". It's better then our T14 because that was just flat out bad, but it's not the best i've ever seen.
    Agreed, the 4 set is very nice tho, it can take us to crit cap and guarantee extra CP's when used. The two set need reverting to its original state.