Page 43 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the macro for cancelform? I would like to put it in, when I do HotW, so I wouldn't have to remove my form manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    /cancelform

(Don't hit yourself too hard )
    I've been beaten to bulp today by Lei Shi and Tsulong, so I won't bother hitting myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    if you start to cast hurricane of wrath or HT you will automagicly be poped out of form
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    if you start to cast hurricane of wrath or HT you will automagicly be poped out of form
    Exactly

Code:
    /cast Heart of the Wild
    /equip spellcaster weapon
    /cast Wrath/Hurricane

15+ Year Old Account
    so for cat dps on hc garalon,

i am looking for a way to improve my dps there, i currently use HotW build so maybe i should take DoC, but i doubt if that ould work since the its hard to build 5 cp's and use a rip before the legg dies

maybe i hould just use a different rotation on it
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    so for cat dps on hc garalon,

i am looking for a way to improve my dps there, i currently use HotW build so maybe i should take DoC, but i doubt if that ould work since the its hard to build 5 cp's and use a rip before the legg dies

maybe i hould just use a different rotation on it
    I struggle to get a decent parse on this fight due to the legs dyeing before i can use my 5 cp, take soul swap on this fight its a god send, try and build a 5cp buffed rip on a leg and swap it to the body after it dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to find myself using redirect on almost every fight. Build your CP's on the boss when legs aren't up and then you have 4-5 going into a leg right away. The trickiest part is yelling at your ranged to get off the legs!

I really should give the kitty a try again. I like healing on my druid, but still haven't found a leveling spec i like. Balance feels awkward for me coming from a warlock, so I'll give this a try. haven't played on since...Wrath i think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard 3/4/13
    Capacitive Primal Diamond – 21.00 base RealPPM on landing melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.

- At 5 stacks, fires a Lightning Strike, which deals [280 + 75% AP] Nature damage. This is considered a ranged attack for Hunters, and a melee attack for everyone else.

- Base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient:

Feral: 2.397
    21 x 2.397 = 50.337 / 5 = 10 Lightning Strikes per minute

With 50k average ap you're looking at procs dmging for (50k * .75 + 280) 37780

With 10 procs in a minute it'll be 377,800 dmg or 6,296 overall dps.

Or 9,421 dps if your AP is at 75k.

Alternatively, you can take your AP and times it by 0.125613 to get a 'close enough' estimate to how much DPS this meta will give you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard 3/5/13
    Meta Gem Madness

Okay, these should be the correct meta gem proc rates. I also updated the melee ones, just because that's the kind of thing we are going to continually tweak until we're happy with them. The caster ones should be more sane.

Capacitive
    1.721 Feral Cat
    This changes the proc rate to about 7.2 Lightning Strikes per minute.

50k ap = 4,551 dps
    75k ap = 6,826 dps
    100k ap = 9,102 dps

Alternatively, your dps gain from having the gem will be (AP x 0.09102) x 1,000
    Last edited by Zenko; 2013-03-05 at 05:05 AM.

Deleted
    This is great!

However the new system still confuses me a bit. This quote
    We changed RealPPM to use your true melee haste or spell haste (whichever is higher) to scale the proc rate instead of attack speed or casting speed.
    . This sounds to me as if it scales with the haste we have from buffs or gear. This doesn't sound like it scales with the amount of melee hits we attack with ?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    This is great!

However the new system still confuses me a bit. This quote . This sounds to me as if it scales with the haste we have from buffs or gear. This doesn't sound like it scales with the amount of melee hits we attack with ?!
    Anything that gives you real haste as opposed to just flat attack speed will give a bonus.

The difference is that things that buff your attack speed (such as the raid buff or Slice and Dice) do not increase the frequency of RPPM procs. True haste boosts, such as Bloodlust or haste rating on gear will improve proc rate.
    Last edited by Zenko; 2013-03-04 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quick question: Is the guide going to be updated for 5.2? I was actually planning on going resto for 5.2 as we lacked a healer, but the guild went and died, so now it looks like i'm sticking to feral. I'll admit I stopped following feral discussions a month back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Quick question: Is the guide going to be updated for 5.2? I was actually planning on going resto for 5.2 as we lacked a healer, but the guild went and died, so now it looks like i'm sticking to feral. I'll admit I stopped following feral discussions a month back.
    The only real significant change is with the Rune of Origination. If you manage to obtain this trinket, your stat priorities shift to Mastery being 1 point ahead of Haste.
    Haste gets valued much higher b/c it affects how many times all of our RPPM things (trinket/legendary meta/enchants/OOC) proc.

Another thing to note is that even though the Rune drops all your other secondaries, you maintain roughly 23% Crit from base stats/other buffs.

*I'm still not sure if Rake will be better to use for a CP builder than Shred
    **We possibly might want to save berserk until we have a Rune proc?

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    When Rune procs you want to switch to rake as a CP generator until you can't put up one that is at least as good as the one already on the target.
    For example, if you're playing DoC: Rune proc -> Rake -> PS is expiring so you HT -> Rake -> Rake -> Switch back to shred. This is because getting the strongest possible 15 seconds worth of Rake ticks outweighs the small amount of additional damage you get from the direct damage.

You definitely don't want to save berserk for rune fulltime. However, there is definitely some places where it will be optimal to adapt your cooldown usage in a certain encounter around whether or not you get a proc at a key point.
    For example, perhaps you're trying to rank on Heroic Sha of Fear. As the 2nd phase progresses the amount of adds in each wave increases, so when you get to the last 3 minutes of the fight you would want to save your berserk for the last wave the raid plans on killing. While you're holding on to your berserk, perhaps you get a rune proc as soon as you start AoEing the 2nd to last wave, and you decide it would be more DPS to use berserk then instead of later to enable you to spam more Thrash and take advantage of that rune proc.

Another thing worth noting: If you're using strength to gloves enchant, you're going to want to switch to mastery now. Mastery was already better if you were maintaining thrash in your single target rotation, but now with the 15% buff to rip (assuming that's still going live, it's not in the patch notes) 170 mastery should be superior to 170 strength for everyone.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-03-05 at 04:16 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    during a rune proc rake is a better cp move, becase the proc boosts rake damage while the loss in crit lowers the power of shred.

outside rune procs its probely still best to shred
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I just started again since WotLK, so I'm a bit rusty... only level 82. But, during this proc would rake be considered better simply because mastery is going to increase it's initial damage to a point where it does more DPE than shred plus rake ticks? Or am I wrong in assuming you aren't going to get many rake ticks during rake spam?

I would have assumed putting up a strong rake and letting it tick and maybe refreshing it as proc is going to wear off would be better?
    Last edited by The Cat; 2013-03-05 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Aggixx,

What I was trying to get at with saving berserk was that if Rake was such a gain in damage during the Rune proc that it would be worth saving Berserk for since you will need ~4 Rakes to hit 5 cp, this saves you 28 energy over shred which is 84 energy over the berserk duration.
    However, since Rake isn't that large of a damage gain, it isn't worth it to save your berserk for a Rune proc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    I just started again since WotLK, so I'm a bit rusty... only level 82. But, during this proc would rake be considered better simply because mastery is going to increase it's initial damage to a point where it does more DPE than shred plus rake ticks? Or am I wrong in assuming you aren't going to get many rake ticks during rake spam?

I would have assumed putting up a strong rake and letting it tick and maybe refreshing it as proc is going to wear off would be better?
    Throughout the course of the proc you'll likely be able to get no more than 5 or 6 direct damage events from rake (assuming you're spamming it). This is in contrast to the 7 or 8 tick events (2 or 3 at the beginning of the proc, and another 6 after you stop refreshing it) that will happen. The amount of damage you get from using 1 more rake instead of a shred is not justifiable if you're reducing the damage of the 6 ticks that would follow the application of that rake.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    The guide will be updated with "Stat/Rotation section for those who is lucky to optain Rune of Re-Origination, There will also be an section for RPPM procs."

I'll scam through the guide to remove missleading/outdated information I'm probably going to miss something so please do slap me with a quote on something your not agreeing with.