I'm aware, I was just saying that the gap looks quite large to be the best solution, and not being able to get his mastery any lower isn't an issue since he could just drop the mastery gem if he needed to.

Assuming your stats have enough flexibility to bring all 3 stats to the same level, I think you should probably be able to get less than 100 waste (how short your two stats are from mastery added together) in most sets of gear. Although it might take a bit of time to find that solution and I can totally understand if some people don't want to spend 1 hour trying to figure out their reforges every time they get a gear upgrade.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-04-16 at 05:42 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    I'm aware, I was just saying that the gap looks quite large to be the best solution, and not being able to get his mastery any lower isn't an issue since he could just drop the mastery gem if he needed to.

Assuming your stats have enough flexibility to bring all 3 stats to the same level, I think you should probably be able to get less than 100 waste (how short your two stats are from mastery added together) in most sets of gear. Although it might take a bit of time to find that solution and I can totally understand if some people don't want to spend 1 hour trying to figure out their reforges every time they get a gear upgrade.
    dont know if im just wierd, but i actually find it quite fun to try and optimize =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyh View Post
    dont know if im just wierd, but i actually find it quite fun to try and optimize =)
    Nothing wrong whit that TBH when i have the time i actually like to optimize as well :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyh View Post
    Well, I like to optimize only as a means to do more damage.

I don't like optimizing for optimization's sake.

Deleted
    Just sat down for about two hours to try and sort it, the closest I got it was about 50 stats between, but crit was max. Not sure I can get them closer so mastery is top, i'll give it another try later. This is quite frustrating at times :P I do really want to get it right. Thanks for the help Aggixx and Etapicx.

Gave it another shot, managed to change it from my first try where I had
    2808 exp (I hate the stats on the TOT gear..)
    2700 hit
    5392 Mastery
    5299 crit
    5088 haste

Which ended up giving me a proc of 20774

I changed it to:
    5675 Mastery
    5342 Haste
    5148 Crit
    2594 hit
    2808 exp

Which gives me a proc of 20980 I believe. So although my stats are more unequal, the size of the proc was larger, so I guess it is still better than my previous try. Can't seem to get my stats to go any higher in Wowreforge though, due to the amount of hit/exp on my gear and the amount of free slots I have. Oh well, I tried I guess.

Also is there a reason why sometimes ROR is making my rips tick for 23k in recount, and rakes 26k sometimes? It just seems a lot lower than what I usually get.

Last edited by mmoc1ecb0c12a4; 2013-04-16 at 06:44 PM.

That rip number does seem low but not that far off from where it is relative to rake. Looking at my logs from a kill last night here are some average numbers:

Rip average normal tick: 65,809
    Rip average crit tick: 129,821

Rake average normal tick: 65,262
    Rake average crit tick: 139,979

So while it may seem odd, they tick for relatively similar numbers. Remember rip is every two seconds while rake is every three.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysheki View Post
    That rip number does seem low but not that far off from where it is relative to rake. Looking at my logs from a kill last night here are some average numbers:

Rip average normal tick: 65,809
    Rip average crit tick: 129,821

Rake average normal tick: 65,262
    Rake average crit tick: 139,979

So while it may seem odd, they tick for relatively similar numbers. Remember rip is every two seconds while rake is every three.
    It might just seem weird to me because of the ticks i get with ROR, but those ticks seem really low. Oh well, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by InadequatelyDrunk View Post
    It might just seem weird to me because of the ticks i get with ROR, but those ticks seem really low. Oh well, cheers.
    did some dummy bashing and i get close to the same results. no buffs apart from crystal and motw. 9min of bashing with my son hitting the keyboard meanwhile so its 100% flawless execution!

it seems rather low ticks yea, but i guess its just the most crappy rip you sometimes get off. usually doesnt happen that often in a fight.

hmpf seems you have to zoom on imageshack to be able to see the pictures, atleast on my pc!

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 10:07 PM ----------

Ok i feel stupid if i have to edit my post another time...

my stats are
    haste: 5853
    crit: 5758
    mastery: 5889
    hit: 2632
    exp: 2553
    not that close together as i wish but couldnt get it closer without having crit getting higher than mastery
    Last edited by Fuzzyh; 2013-04-16 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added last line cause i suck at posting images

If you're experiencing issues with Rune of Re-Origination not proccing like it did before the maintenance please bump this thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569110263

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

i'm also having issues with the Rune, especially on the start of the fight. Can't post on US Forums though

Deleted
    Hi , sorry for the stupid question but i will shoot it . I have Renataki's Soul Charm , Bad Juju and Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (all normal aka. 522 ilvl) . I need 10 more secrets to get meta so it will be anytime soon . Should i start reforging Mastery>Haste>Crit or to stay Mastery>Crit>Haste

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Rune of orgination proc is so terrible now

Deleted
    Same, luckily still had vicious talisman in my bags, so i just reforged to the non-ROR priority and raided, still kinda annoyed though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    If you're experiencing issues with Rune of Re-Origination not proccing like it did before the maintenance please bump this thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569110263
    Thank god I wasn't the only one experiencing this last night... No proccs of Rune till P2 on Lei Shen is a bit.... meh.
    Hoping for a fix soon.

Deleted
    looks like they've noticed it and hopefully will fix it, did not have it proc once on pull last night.

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...L_AURA_APPLIED Proc RoR (normal TF version) 3 hour dummy 5600~ haste

Deleted
    Random DoC rotation question but I don't want to start a new thread about it. Apologies if asked before.

At which point roughly (ilvl-wise) would you consider switching from shred to mangle as main CP builder? The SimC build @ http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html#player5 is apparently using a H BiS (ilvl 537) gear set with craptons of nice stats vs what I personally have now (ilvl 514). I've been running ToT normal both with shred and mangle as builders and can't really get a consistent result with regards to concluding what's better. Mangle just makes things a tad more easy.

Obviously only looking at ilvl is grossly oversimplified and I understand that, just want to have some rough guide-lines.

Also been wondering whether the switch to mangle only is due to faster CP generation, or if it's actually a DPS win vs. shred.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,
    Crit

Deleted
    I have 518 and i only use Shred when i have Berserk up or OoC (If Thrash is up) and if Energy capped or close to, And i've found it to be the best way ofc it isn't really a big difference between the two tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only been getting 10-15% uptimes with my RoR lately.....this is sooooooo sad!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crittycat View Post
    Random DoC rotation question but I don't want to start a new thread about it. Apologies if asked before.

At which point roughly (ilvl-wise) would you consider switching from shred to mangle as main CP builder? The SimC build @ http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html#player5 is apparently using a H BiS (ilvl 537) gear set with craptons of nice stats vs what I personally have now (ilvl 514). I've been running ToT normal both with shred and mangle as builders and can't really get a consistent result with regards to concluding what's better. Mangle just makes things a tad more easy.

Obviously only looking at ilvl is grossly oversimplified and I understand that, just want to have some rough guide-lines.

Also been wondering whether the switch to mangle only is due to faster CP generation, or if it's actually a DPS win vs. shred.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,
    Crit
    I dont think theres a required iLevel for this, tbh the lower your ilevel the more you should be relying on mangle.