Page 96 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    Not sure I'm a fan of dot snapshotting being removed.
    Same here removing snapshotting has pros and cons, surely they'll have to compensate our execute.

Deleted
    Why remove DoT snapshotting?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    -DoT snapshotting removed.
    -Position requirement for abilities removed (sub rogues and ferals rejoice), Backstab removed entirely. However, there is still a 3% chance to be parried from the front so min/maxers will WANT to be behind. It just wont ruin your day anymore.

fu yeah!
    Could you link the source, please?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakdozer View Post
    Yeah wouldn't mind source either. Can't find it on mmo-c or wowhead and googling it only brings up this thread.

Totally offtopic but related, somehow lol that troll feral druid should have totally won the costume contest.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-11-09 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    Aggix is not acting like the sky is falling. He has pointed out that 'other things equal' Will of Malfurion is very strong: He is also aware that this is unlikely to go live while 'other things are equal'.
    Pretty much. I have little doubt that they can balance the talent well, I'm just making the point that for now it is extremely strong so that when people are looking at the talents and trying to gauge their usefulness, they can understand that one way or another this talent is going to get a significant reduction in potency from where it is now.

Some people have a hard time evaluating the talents purely on mechanics and would get caught up in "omg big numbers!!!!" so I'm just trying to clear that up a little.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Hey back to dpsing again finally! been tanking for way too long now... curse of my 10man

I have some troubles executing DoC in the start of the fight atm, really want that huge DoC buffed rip and rake out with trinket procs.
    anyone who would care to explain to me their DoC opener.
    i dropped my 4set for 1xwarforged and 1 heroic piece instead of 2x normal tier cause of sims, but is 4 set needed to make DoC on pull easier ?
    been playing hotw for a while now, but gets really boring!

any help will be appriciated

Fuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by Steakdozer View Post
    This is the source, albeit not one that's particularly reliable:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-Kris-Zierhut

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    This is the source, albeit not one that's particularly reliable:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-Kris-Zierhut
    Since most of his points already stack up and theres an image on reddit with the Readiness stat on it, i'm inclined to believe him.

http://imgur.com/r/wow/DAjahMk

Passive roar + zero dot management is feral dumbing. I bet 6.0 rogue dps > feral dps without questions.

If we do end up with snapshotting removed, and a simplified rotation once we're in beta, it might be worth becoming vocal on the beta forums; much like we were on the ptr forums regarding this tiers 4 set.

Deleted
    They went through the list of things they are changing in 6.0. Reforging gone etc etc but nothing about dot snapshots. Wonder if this is turning out to be false.

Well even if it does have some grain of truth to it you have to remember, this someone's interpretation and recollection of what one blizzard employee said. There's a lot of room for the original intent of the message to be changed in that process. He may have something like "We're considering..." that could've gotten completely omitted, or maybe he was misinformed as to the current status of that decision.

Edit: Confirmation from Ghostcrawler:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...28461132152832

DoTs and Bleeds are different mechanics.

Also GC is retarded, the only reason DoT strength trackers made Warlocks faceroll was because of Pandemic, without that it would have actually required thought.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-11-10 at 12:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    DoTs and Bleeds are different mechanics.

You think they will keep snapshotting bleeds but remove it for dots when the reason they are removing it from dots are "Dot snapshotting translated into mods telling you when to press the buttons."? They will obviously remove it from bleeds as well since the equivalent argument can be made.

Real shame though. What fun is there in only keeping two bleeds + SR up. Single target rotation will be completely trivial unless the new moonfire dot spice things up.

DoTs have had many changes in the past between snapshotting, not snapshotting, etc but bleeds have always stayed the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    DoTs have had many changes in the past between snapshotting, not snapshotting, etc but bleeds have always stayed the same.
    Believe it or not, bleeds are a kind of damage over time effect. And you pretend like it's completely unprecedented for them to make a change that applies to DoTs but not bleeds when the last major change they made to DoTs at the start of Cataclysm (dot refreshing) was applied to both.

The reason DoT and bleed effects typically have been dealt with separately or described with different terminology is due to the classes that typically put them up.

When most people think of DoT's, they likely associate them with mana users... unlike bleeds, which are associated with melee. Their separation is generally around haste, since magic DoT's are affected by haste and melee ones are not. However, the issue of snap-shotting encompasses both realms of magical and physical DoT's. One issue with snap-shotting is that your actual damage output is at the mercy of so many variables that most people cannot calculate them on the fly, which is why that tweet mentioned it leading people to just rely on an add-on to tell them what to do.

Honestly, how many Ferals here use an add-on or a specific WeakAura to tell them the power of their bleeds and/or when to apply them?
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The reason DoT and bleed effects typically have been dealt with separately or described with different terminology is due to the classes that typically put them up.

When most people think of DoT's, they likely associate them with mana users... unlike bleeds, which are associated with melee. Their separation is generally around haste, since magic DoT's are affected by haste and melee ones are not. However, the issue of snap-shotting encompasses both realms of magical and physical DoT's. One issue with snap-shotting is that your actual damage output is at the mercy of so many variables that most people cannot calculate them on the fly, which is why that tweet mentioned it leading people to just rely on an add-on to tell them what to do.

Honestly, how many Ferals here use an add-on or a specific WeakAura to tell them the power of their bleeds and/or when to apply them?
    Quite a few, I suspect. I definitely watch for damage buffs before apply bleeds; it's a pretty important part of our rotation. It's also very effective indeed to stack engineering gloves and trinkets on top of Tiger's Fury.

Feral rotation will be much simpler now. Not really too happy with that, but ahh well... We can't keep being rocket scientists, now can we? xD

If bleeds don't snapshot I could literally fall asleep playing feral. And yea I'm pretty sure every feral that raids, even casually, uses an addon or wa to show bleed strength.

I'm pretty much done with this expac anyway, especially if the one thing that keeps me playing, enjoying my class, gets gutted into a whack-a-mole style rotation.
    Last edited by Agartha; 2013-11-10 at 04:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    And yea I'm pretty sure every feral that raids, even casually, uses an addon or wa to show bleed strength.
    I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    I'm pretty much done with this expac anyway, especially if the one thing that keeps me playing, enjoying my class, gets gutted into a whack-a-mole style rotation.
    Steady on now, early days, lots can change! Please see the debarkle of DoC on the 5.4 PTR. Doing what you are doing is like going "my team lost the first game of the season, we won't win the league now". We'll have our time to kick and whine once the beta goes live so calm down a bit xD