Deleted
    Thanks for your feed back Raffy, you prob checked my armory in between me playing about catus this afternoon. Anyway all sorted now (i hope) so once again thanks.

Hey guys, sorry for this newbie question but would a 510 (502+8, LFR) Rune of Reorigination be better than a 561 SoO trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Rained View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for this newbie question but would a 510 (502+8, LFR) Rune of Reorigination be better than a 561 SoO trinket
    just said few posts ago, no
    lfr RoR uptime is low to be better then power of Flex SoO trinkets
    normal RoR is on pair with flex/normal SoO trinkets,
    heroic SoO trinkets are better then normal RoR, but on pair with heroic RoR
    ______
    so to summarize:
    you start raid SoO lfr/flex: lfr RoR can be used but need to be replaced
    you start raid SoO normal: normal RoR can still be used, normal SoO trinkets are also as alternative
    you start raid SoO heroic: you would want to get heroic RoR, if it's not dropping for you from `mighty` Lei shen on hc or you don't care to maximize - Hc SoO trinkets are fine

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    just said few posts ago, no
    lfr RoR uptime is low to be better then power of Flex SoO trinkets
    normal RoR is on pair with flex/normal SoO trinkets,
    heroic SoO trinkets are better then normal RoR, but on pair with heroic RoR
    ______
    so to summarize:
    you start raid SoO lfr/flex: lfr RoR can be used but need to be replaced
    you start raid SoO normal: normal RoR can still be used, normal SoO trinkets are also as alternative
    you start raid SoO heroic: you would want to get heroic RoR, if it's not dropping for you from `mighty` Lei shen on hc or you don't care to maximize - Hc SoO trinkets are fine
    Thanks very much

10+ Year Old Account
    If I only have access to LFR/Normal RoR and LFR / Flex SoO trinkets, what should my combination be? RoR Normal + trinket from Siege?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    If I only have access to LFR/Normal RoR and LFR / Flex SoO trinkets, what should my combination be? RoR Normal + trinket from Siege?
    aproxemetly yes,
    you want specifically results - check it in catus for your character

Deleted
    @ Raffy or anybody else with in-depth knowledge of Catus. On trinket simulator when it ranks TED is that assuming you always use a rip/rake at around 19 stacks?

for example

530 rune and 580 Haromms is showing 800 dps less than 574 TED and 580 Harroms but i want to know if catus is assuming that im always able to use TED at 19 stacks?

Thanks alot fellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    is that assuming you always use a rip/rake at around 19 stacks?
    That's not possible (or advisable) even for a simulator.

Trying to discern to what extent the simulator takes advantage of the proc is not an easy thing to quantify. I can say that (as far as I'm aware) both SimC and Catus do not need to "react" to the proc to know that it's there, so it does notice the proc at least a stack or two before a human would.

You could make a case for either simulator being either better or worse than a player could possibly perform depending on your perspective, although it's pretty safe to say that the simulator will take better advantage of the proc than someone who is not thoroughly used to the trinket.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

@Tachyne - SimCraft is optimized only for RoRO. I doubt its even 'want' to advance from TED. Through some RNG it can place 15+ rake regulary. And 8+ rip too. I guess.
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-03-17 at 05:45 PM.

As others have said, it's not possible to always use at full stacks. Catus and Simc are simulation, not spreadsheet-style models, so it's used at whatever stack it currently available, just like in-game. I have a lookahead Catus action list that still hasn't made it into release. It can use TED (and other trinket procs) better than the current action list, at the cost of reduced simulation speed. Catus FoN uses lookahead analysis and takes full advantage of TED (which is primarily why it out-performs SotF.)

Also, 800 DPS at 436K DPS is 0.18% -- way too small to be significant. The choice there is whatever you prefer. If you enable [x] Textual Report, you can see the 800 DPS delta is probably 1/20th of the standard deviation.

Deleted
    Hello beautiful community! As you may have noticed I'm not active anymore. I won't be updating the guide anymore and I'd leave it over the person who feels he can deal with the burden. It's not necessary to take it over right away, and you'd with my allowance copy paste the current guide and update it to your preference!

With any questions just throw a comment or a pm to me :-)

Sorry if this has been asked before but here goes...

I'm leveling a kitty (62 currently) and the tanks are gathering up mobs in dungeons to be AoE'd down. No big deal.
    So this is what I'm doing.
    0 point Savage Roar
    Thrash
    Swipe
    Tiger Fury
    Swipe
    Swipe

... and I'm out of energy. So I sit there and auto-attack. Is this normal for leveling or am I missing something?
    I'll pop Berserk if it is off CD but I try to save that for the bosses. That said, it may not matter as the bosses are getting mowed down pretty fast too.

Deleted
    Yeah it's pretty normal (for max level too tbh). Plan what to do with your energy in stead of spamming it as soon as it is available.

Hi guys
    I have one question, how many haste is good for a feral?

Quote Originally Posted by Bijohx View Post
    Hi guys
    If you use non-RoRO builds then I bet on <10%. Most feral haste is from poor SoO itemization. Haste < Crit < Mastery.
    Last edited by mmokri; 2014-03-21 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tkc-von View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before but here goes...

I'm leveling a kitty (62 currently) and the tanks are gathering up mobs in dungeons to be AoE'd down. No big deal.
    So this is what I'm doing.
    0 point Savage Roar
    Thrash
    Swipe
    Tiger Fury
    Swipe
    Swipe

... and I'm out of energy. So I sit there and auto-attack. Is this normal for leveling or am I missing something?
    I'll pop Berserk if it is off CD but I try to save that for the bosses. That said, it may not matter as the bosses are getting mowed down pretty fast too.
    That will happen with low gear regardless of what level you're at it. If you get goodish gear at level 90 it's less of a thing, but not gone entirely. If you mind playing a spec that has some downtime here and there then feral's probably not for you, unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bijohx View Post
    Hi guys
    As little as possible. Don't avoid it if an item is otherwise an item level upgrade or anything, but it's not a stat you should seek on gear.

In terms of total optimization, there is value in having a certain amount of haste if you have all of the legendary items and 4pt16, although most people typically don't worry about it because its (little known and) a fairly small optimization for too much work, and the most of the players that would bother to go through trouble of doing such optimization already have Rune so it's not relevant to them.

That's all assuming you're not using Rune of Re-Origination trinket though, if you are then mastery/haste/crit is all the same.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Hi guys, having some trouble with keeping high dps at 570ilvl; could be a few reasons but my main question is when would i pool energy and when would i just spam Mangle/Shred?

Deleted
    Pooling energy is not a dps loss. Capping energy is however. Your dont really want to spam mangle/shred unless you in berzerk. Even during Lust ull want to pool energy without capping. We do this so that we can react quickly and apply a strong Rip(if at 5 combo points) if we get a strong trinket proc and it also allows us to get back to 5 combo points quickly after using a finishing move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be any point to get a RoR LFR (502) when I have 528 Ebon and 540 Assurance? Could always try to get normal I suppose, but I kind of despise ToT.
    Hi

Deleted
    Catus (http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4574) is an excellent tool to use to help you decide what trinkets are best but to answer your question. 502 rune is about equal to SoO Lfr Trinkets. Assurance isnt very good for us however due to the proc. If i was in your situation id use 502 Rune and 528 Ebon.