Thinking of coming back

I don't recall exactly when I quit, maybe 6 months ago? I have a level 45-ish Sith Inquisitor.

I was frustrated with finding groups. The lack of dual spec, the lack of a LFG tool, and the fact only two DPS could be in a group made it impossible to find groups as DPS (it was very difficult as a healer as well - at least, at lower levels).

What put me over the edge was, after sitting around for an hour in fleet LFG one night - frustrating enough as it is - I was killed by some sort of debuff that was part of an event that was going on. "Feverish" I think it was.

Have they implemented dual spec, LFG tool, or made groups able to have more than 2 dps? Failing that, is there anything else that will make coming back worthwhile?

I do miss leveling in the outdoor zones, I thought they were great looking. That's most of the itch I have to come back, tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have added in a LFG tool. Groups are still 4, 8 and 16... so for what you're looking for- groups are still limited to 2 dps in a 4man.

However, with server consolidations finding groups has been pretty easy. It only gets easier once you hit 50 because that is when the majority of the players are actually wanting to group.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    I don't recall exactly when I quit, maybe 6 months ago? I have a level 45-ish Sith Inquisitor.

I was frustrated with finding groups. The lack of dual spec, the lack of a LFG tool, and the fact only two DPS could be in a group made it impossible to find groups as DPS (it was very difficult as a healer as well - at least, at lower levels).

What put me over the edge was, after sitting around for an hour in fleet LFG one night - frustrating enough as it is - I was killed by some sort of debuff that was part of an event that was going on. "Feverish" I think it was.

Have they implemented dual spec, LFG tool, or made groups able to have more than 2 dps? Failing that, is there anything else that will make coming back worthwhile?

I do miss leveling in the outdoor zones, I thought they were great looking. That's most of the itch I have to come back, tbh.
    No change to the group dynamics, no addition of dual spec (the best you can do is buy the field respec ability in your Legacy, but it still costs credits every time you respec), but there has been a LFG tool added. As for anything else making it worthwhile to come back......that's really subjective. Personally, I don't feel there is, but there's others who do. Let's put it this way. If you left before 1.2, there's been much changes made to things like crafting along with a little content added. If you left after 1.2, you missed out on LFG, server merges, the ability to add augment slots to any gear item, and a few Character only Legacy perks (all of which cost credits). That's about it.

Thanks guys. I think for $15 I might as well give it another go.

You should just wait until it goes free to play. It's only a couple more months, and you'll save your money

Anyway, they have added LFG, but have not added dual spec, and there's no change to group dynamics, though there are spots for more than 2 DPS in Raids and PvP. The only place you would be limited to only 2 DPS is 4 mans, which aren't really important
    Last edited by Shadylol; 2012-09-17 at 10:33 PM.
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO