Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Too many 'click to win' champions

Am I the only one who thinks there are too many 'click to win' champions? By click to win I mean the ones that require literally no skill other than clicking on someone. I only bring this up because I recently bought Jayce and I am enjoying the challenge and depth he offers, but am sick to death of the Varus' and the Warwick's giving other people shit even though a blind donkey could force a surrender with these champions.

Should these click to win champions be throttled or tuned due to their simple design and mechanics? I'm just over these noob friendly champions and how they can walk over people with little effort.

If they are click to win, why not move around a lot so you cant be clicked on?
    게임 은 어렵~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I had to smirk a bit.

Oh well, I'm sure you had fun ranting a bit.

Ahh yes the League of Legends community never fails to disappoint. Right on queue in fact when someone brings up a topic all you get is immature responses that result in a derailed thread.

Armor takes care of aa champs. Or you just cc them because most of them are really vulnerable to it.

You are speaking really out of context. Each champion has their ups and downs. Sure there ARE stronger champs, but there is not a single champ that can't be countered if you know how to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    Ahh yes the League of Legends community never fails to disappoint. Right on queue in fact when someone brings up a topic all you get is immature responses that result in a derailed thread.
    Not particularly. Just your post showing a tremendous lack of understanding (as evidenced even further by the examples you give), which makes it, by and large, pointless to try and argue this.

Mr Maturity in here crying because a WW and Varus owned him.

OT: Every single champion has a counter or several. Just learn them and counterpick.

Deleted
    To be honest, when you start a thread like this I think you are someone that raged a lil' bit in games because of "op" champions. And the thread is pretty immature when you think the answers are.

What are you awaiting? In cases like Warwick and Varus...you really think you just have to play them to win? Maybe, you should try to counter them, see tactics to play against them, whatever...there are no true OP Champs.

All the click to win champions(i assume you mean ad carry and tryndamere) are very week early game(the ad carrys) and require very good laning to be good late game. Thats why you will often to see a trist, do bad all games and then penta at the 50 minute mark, its how the game is design, and in higher elo and with an actually team this system works very well.

You see the thing you need to grasp is that mobas are design to be played with a team not as solo games, thus when there played as a single player game, they dont seem to work right. You also mentioned two champions considered fairly weak. Warwick, is possibly the strongest 1v1 champion in the game, but use of ignite and team burst makes him nearly as useless as teemo in a team fight. Varus is an AD carry that relies on spells, this means(in generally) he is strong early game, but bad late game, just play safe in lane vs him and he falls off very quick compared to a corki or ezreal.

Lastly look up the league of legends meta, and why the game is played the way it is(i am assuming that you are low level or have a fairly low win percentage). That should really help combat "click to win champions".

On a side note, yes the LoL community is horrible as stated, but you didnt give a good account of your self by making a thread that has been answered many times, and gives the impression that you would rather blame the games design(which is actually half decent) then learn from your mistakes, and learn how to counter these champions (which again there should be endless number of threads on).

I don't really think you understand what League of Legends, and in general MOBA's are about. The game itself is not hard to learn, and takes very little personal skill to actually play, but takes quite a bit of time to master. That is why it is so popular, 4 attacks and 2 utility spells isn't very "challenging".

The game revolves around a few things. Which are coordination, team synergy, and good decision making. Anyone who argues that is a big dumb.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but Varus isn't a champion click to win and that anyone can play him, because it's not true...

Click to win is like darius, singed, mundo, atleast in ARAM, where the farm is free.

Deleted
    You are talking about bruisers? (And nevermind they have active abilities like Riven, it's still kinda the same stuff) I heard some things that things will change a bit in next season.
    AD guys click to do like 75% of their damage, but everyone knows they have to die, so their life is not easy.

I think you need to take a chill pill and rethink what you stated in your original post.

...every champ is click to win, kind of.

Or it could be that we think it's stupid to rant about champions that are countered simply by any kind of CC. Slows, stuns, roots, you name it.

But sure, I guess everyone who doesn't agree with you are in the "immature LoL community".

All I was trying to say was to discuss the discrepancies between certain champions that do tremendous damage with little effort as opposed to the champions that require planning, thinking and strategy to get the same result. I went about this the wrong way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Click to win is like darius, singed, mundo, atleast in ARAM, where the farm is free.
    I would agree on Darius dont know about Mundo but a good Singed requires good positioning and is not "click to win"

All I was trying to say was to discuss the discrepancies between certain champions that do tremendous damage with little effort as opposed to the champions that require planning, thinking and strategy to get the same result. I went about this the wrong way
    Champions have different roles. This may not be apparent at lower level play. There is also A LOT more to the game than just dealing damage. It's largely about teamplay, map awareness and efficient last-hitting of mininons for gold.

TIP: Constantly dealing damage to minions by autoattacking or doing AoE will get you to the enemy turret, leaving you vulnerable to ganks from the enemy team.
    Last edited by Furbolg; 2012-09-16 at 01:54 PM.

If they are click to win their skill set is weak then; and even then the "right click" champs lose a lot of viability because of the lack of a good kit. A PERFECT example of this is Draven. He has no real gap closer and stand aside is a weak form of CC not even worth wasting AA time for; Q places Draven out of position. Now lets take Ashe for example. Using Volley at the right times; checking improtant objectives and spots the team might be with hawkshot requires skill, and kiting is something Ashe NEEDS to do. Lets not forget her utli.

While their damage is right click; their kit needs to give them some safety since they are almost always susceptible to CC.