Poll: What tank is good for more T14 bosses than the other classes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    Please READ what I wrote before you reply, I was replying to defer09 with my comment, quoting him.

I replied to his comment saying how 'broken' we are after the buffs and I'm pretty sure he's still talking about live.
    No I am talking bout 90. When I say "broken" I mean it os going to get "fixed". As in nerfed. Not bugged or an exploit or a massive design flaw like vengeance. Warriors are just OP right now and will be until the nef bat comes.

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    What does AP and vengeance have to do with tank survivbility? Warriors are broken OP because of the amount of passive damage reduction and the fact that SB works on magic damage whereas no other tank has anything like that.

Not to mention Warriors bring the most utility out of all the tanks. Skull banner anyone?
    Try to do some research about the class you want to complain about. Shield Barrier stacks with Vengeance. Vengeance having no cap means insanely high SB absorbs.

DK's have 2 AMS's if specced.

Pallies have DP.

I know you mean a main (magic or all) absorb that is frequently used, yes we have that and you don't.

But we don't have anything close to the potential self-healing of either DK's, pallies or bears.

Don't know about monks.

DK's do not have 2 AMS. AMZ is not nearly as strong when it comes to a personal CD. Both on medium CDs anyways.

DP is a 1 minute CD. That is not nearly as usefull as a bubble to negate magic damage. That is, unless it is a situation like madness where the heavy magic damage is spread out enough (P2 dot) where you can have it up for all dangerous moments. I would easily take SBa over DP. Also are you forgetting demo shout? We have SBa and 50% of DP on the same CD.

In the end I would take damage reduction over self healing any day.

Justa heads up because I dont think you know this, my main is a prot warrior so I am not crying for a nerf because they are not my class. I can do H Yor without dropping below 80% health 1 healing and 1 tanking. SBa is really overpowered. I will admit I hadnt looked at the formula for SB and I thought it scaled on stam and strength not AP and strength but the concept of the spell is still amazing even after they "fix" vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    DK's do not have 2 AMS. AMZ is not nearly as strong when it comes to a personal CD. Both on medium CDs anyways.

DP is a 1 minute CD. That is not nearly as usefull as a bubble to negate magic damage. That is, unless it is a situation like madness where the heavy magic damage is spread out enough (P2 dot) where you can have it up for all dangerous moments. I would easily take SBa over DP. Also are you forgetting demo shout? We have SBa and 50% of DP on the same CD.

In the end I would take damage reduction over self healing any day.

Justa heads up because I dont think you know this, my main is a prot warrior so I am not crying for a nerf because they are not my class. I can do H Yor without dropping below 80% health 1 healing and 1 tanking. SBa is really overpowered. I will admit I hadnt looked at the formula for SB and I thought it scaled on stam and strength not AP and strength but the concept of the spell is still amazing even after they "fix" vengeance.
    The AM system works like;

Warriors have Shield Barrier + Shield Block > Demo Shout
    Druids have Frenzied Reg + Savage Defense > Barkskin
    Pallies have Word of Glory + Shield of the Righteous > Ardent Defender
    DK's have Death Strike + Blood Shield > Bone Shield

Now there have to be different characteristics to how the classes work, they homogenized the specs but you can't do that with classes or in this case tanks.

There are two things that need fixing in my opinion.

The passive reduction on Def Stance is indeed too high, but this is not noticable on live because tanks don't really take damage anymore. With the change to Mastery and it working primarly for Crit Block spiky damage was pretty frequent, so good for now but I think it will prove too strong at 90.

The second is that Vengeance needs a cap, not just because of SB and the absorbs but because on any challenging fight tanks are beating DPS on the meters. Some even reforge out of avoidance because of this.