Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The gear grind in this game is almost nonexistent. Unless you're a Necromancer.

Premise: As a Necromancer, you want Rabid (Condition Damage > Precision = Toughness) Exotic gear. If you disagree with this, this thread is not for you.

• You cannot craft this gear.
    • The only two farmable Explorables do not offer this gear.
    • WvW does not offer this gear.
    • There is literally no gear for your trinket slots beyond green quality whatsoever.
    • There are 4 armor pieces you can buy for Karma. But not more.
    • There is a sceptre you can build in the Mystic Forge or buy for ~6g.
    • There is a drop staff you can buy for ~6g.
    • There is a drop dagger you can buy for 10-15g.
    • There is a set of 6 drop armor pieces you can buy for 8-15g a piece.

What's up with that? Why can virtually every other class do a bit of farming while leveling up, salvage a couple of Ectoplasms and get Exotic gear for almost nothing, when Necromancers have to spent weeks to months of farming an absurd amount of gold or running the Explorables that no one else wants to run because they take hours to finish, if they are doable at all?
    Last edited by Feranor; 2012-09-16 at 03:52 PM. Reason: confused Rabid with Carrion

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, what?

Is this gear a must have or just you who wants it?

Every tailor.

Every leatherworker.

Every armorsmith.

Every artificer.

Every weaponsmith.

Can craft Carrion gear.

And for gems there's Emerald and Coral.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    Sorry, what?
    I don't know what you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Is this gear a must have or just you who wants it?
    Yes. The only viable Necro build (especially in WvW) is Condition. This build needs Rabid type gear. This gear does barely exist at 80 and yellow or better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    Every tailor.

Every leatherworker.

Every armorsmith.

Every artificer.

Every weaponsmith.

Can craft Carrion gear.

And for gems there's Emerald and Coral.
    Sorry, I mixed up the gear type labels. Necro needs Rabid, not Carrion.

Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    I don't know what you don't understand.

Yes. The only viable Necro build (especially in WvW) is Condition. This build needs Rabid type gear. This gear does barely exist at 80 and yellow or better quality.

Sorry, I mixed up the gear type labels. Necro needs Rabid, not Carrion.

So the real problem is that you are mixed up.

Also I don't see the need for extra precision or precision at all as a necromancer, since traits give you around 30% alone and you can workaround with gear, plus Death Magic traitline is godly.

If it's true that the only viable necro build requires condition damage, then it's an oversight and they'll fix it. No?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
    So the real problem is that you are mixed up.
    No. The stat distribution (Condition Damage > Toughness = Precision) was correct, just the name wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    Also I don't see the need for extra precision or precision at all as a necromancer, since traits give you around 30% alone and you can workaround with gear, plus Death Magic traitline is godly.
    Thanks to Curse traits, we apply Bleed and Weakness when we crit. Thus Precision is our second most important stat. Also, Power and Vitality are almost useless to us since our physical damage sucks and we have high base HP and low base armor.

Death Magic is our second worst trait line (10pt is okayish, but 5pt is actually bad for us since it keeps us in combat). Only Spite sucks more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    If it's true that the only viable necro build requires condition damage, then it's an oversight and they'll fix it. No?
    That's what I'm asking as well. It must be a major oversight.
    Last edited by Feranor; 2012-09-16 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread is not for me.
    I think that if you like to min-max everything then GW2 is not for you. Wow maybe, cause there you have dps meters, and all that.
    Gw2 seams more for the casual relaxed players....

As a necro I have cond dmg + tough (when i find it) + power / vit / whatever works. with time, I will get upgrades. maybe. no stress...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I think that if you like to min-max everything then GW2 is not for you. Wow maybe, cause there you have dps meters, and all that.

As a necro I have cond dmg + tough (when i find it) + power / vit / whatever works. with time, I will get upgrades. maybe. no stress...
    The meta hasn't developed that much yet, soon people from various teams will start getting those numbers cranked and start developing it, same happened to MobA's and RTS

Deleted

There will be hardcores and casuals in every game. Some people play for fun, others play to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by gw2fan View Post
    There will be hardcores and casuals in every game. Some people play for fun, others play to be the best.
    Like no one ever was?

Maybe, but why should one class be at such a disadvantage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but your problem basically is wear outside of the pvp environment rabid gear?

In case, there is a karma vendor in Orr with a rabid one, the same of the pvp one (way lower stats than the pvp one but similar kind, this is at least the one i remember). Obiouvsly the main reason of lower stats is because it's green.

I just don't get if you're complaining about the lack of available gear, or about necro who needs cond as a main stat..

so you only farm 2 explorables, while there are so many more dungeons to farm? your own mistake.

Maybe, but why should one class be at such a disadvantage?
    Not one class. One spec.

Premise: As a Necromancer, you want Rabid (Condition Damage > Precision = Toughness)
    You do realize that conditions don't crit. You're basically relying on the flat damage that's applied with every weapon skill that has a DoT mechanic to take advantage of the Precision. You choose to stack condition failing to note that condition based attacks also apply a flat damage based on power. Power is good for any spec (especially a conditionmancer with a high crit-chance).
    Last edited by nighties; 2012-09-16 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    Sorry but your problem basically is wear outside of the pvp environment rabid gear?

In case, there is a karma vendor in Orr with a rabid one, the same of the pvp one (way lower stats than the pvp one but similar kind, this is at least the one i remember). Obiouvsly the main reason of lower stats is because it's green.

I just don't get if you're complaining about the lack of available gear, or about necro who needs cond as a main stat..
    Necro needs Rabid gear, which is miraculously missing from the game at 80 and yellow/orange quality.

Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Not one class. One spec.

You do realize that conditions don't crit. You're basically relying on the flat damage that's applied with every weapon skill that has a DoT mechanic to take advantage of the Precision. You choose to stack condition failing to note that condition based attacks also apply a flat damage based on power. Power is good for any spec (especially a conditionmancer with a high crit-chance).
    Condition Necro is the only viable spec at the moment. We apply Bleed and Weakness when we crit. Our base dmg is so abysmally low that stacking Power isn't worth it.

Condition Necro is the only viable spec at the moment. We apply Bleed and Weakness when we crit. Our base dmg is so abysmally low that stacking Power isn't worth it.
    Actually, it's not. I do wish people stop spreading this. Power based Necro's can and do work. Respec's are cheap so I suggest you try it if you haven't already. I'd be glad to give you a build :>

So, according to you GW2 is not for people who want to optimize their characters?

Interesting.