Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolutist View Post
    If you can get right up against the mobs, cluster bomb works wonders if you release it early. Especially if you have an earth sigil on it :P can get up to 4 or 5 stacks of bleeds per cluster bomb i think.
    Yeah, of course, but you know. I'm not going to mention all possible situations

10+ Year Old Account
    gold medal = most xp, most gold, most karma right? how much less is the bronze?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    gold medal = most xp, most gold, most karma right? how much less is the bronze?
    I dunno, bronze definitely grants a lot less experience, I'm quite sure of that. Like, I think I remember getting bronze for a DE which would have given me 2500xp on gold and I got 1250. Silver was around 2K. Money and Karma, no idea.

Getting gold is, in my experience, not very hard at all. I don't AoE, I usually just make sure I hit something, and I rarely get anything other than gold. If I get silver it's because I joined too late, and if I get bronze it's because I wasn't attempting to do the DE anyway but just happened to hit something associated.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the problems I've had while chain-zerging the five events in the Cursed Shore is that, in some cases, I get this weird pop-in problem where the next wave or all waves will simply pop out of nowhere and by the time I realize they're that close, everyone else drops their AOE and I don't have enough time to tag the mobs before they go down.

I don't know if it's just a problem on my end but another issue is at Shelter camp where two points are zerged. When I move from one to another, the dead mobs will pop in, get up, and go through their death animation. Kind of strange and I have my draw distance maxed out.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    One of the problems I've had while chain-zerging the five events in the Cursed Shore is that, in some cases, I get this weird pop-in problem where the next wave or all waves will simply pop out of nowhere and by the time I realize they're that close, everyone else drops their AOE and I don't have enough time to tag the mobs before they go down.

I don't know if it's just a problem on my end but another issue is at Shelter camp where two points are zerged. When I move from one to another, the dead mobs will pop in, get up, and go through their death animation. Kind of strange and I have my draw distance maxed out.
    From what I can tell, there's a maximum number of "graphics" (for lack of a better term) that the game can show at any given time. So, if you have lots of players (each a graphic) with lots of spell effects (also graphics), you end up missing out on enemies (also graphics). As people leave or stop using abilities, you'll start to see the enemies on your screen, and they always go through the death animation.

This is far more pronounced on mediocre rigs, but I imagine it's an engine-related issue and everyone will eventually experience it if there are enough things going on. On my computer, for example, I can't do Claw of Jormag, because there's always so much going on I can't see either the dragon or most of the adds.

It's a pretty huge problem that thankfully only shows up at very specific times and can be avoided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Thief with a shortbow usually works as well. Absolutely love certain DE chains. I end up with ~ 20-30 bags, a selection of blues and whites, the occasional green and the rare "rare", also, 50-70% of a whole level. The only time I use melee is on single targets and bosses/champions, so I get gold instead of bronze

Tagging simply means: deal enough damage to a target (I actually believe this to be a single hit, since I often get loot with shadowshot as my first and final attack), so that you get loot.

It's a chance. Not all mobs drop loot for all people.
    Uhm. Yes if a mobs is gonna die and you hit, you dont get a loot, true. But you get after a couple hits. I just don't get how you explain (or tag ok ) to a zerg group (who don't read even the /say chat) which mob you want a loot which not

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    From what I can tell, there's a maximum number of "graphics" (for lack of a better term) that the game can show at any given time. So, if you have lots of players (each a graphic) with lots of spell effects (also graphics), you end up missing out on enemies (also graphics). As people leave or stop using abilities, you'll start to see the enemies on your screen, and they always go through the death animation.
    That sounds about right. I wasn't having issues doing the events in Cursed Shore until more and more characters hit level 80 and caught on that it's a great way to farm and then all the sudden you have 15 - 20 people spamming their spells the whole time to tag.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    If you do enough damage to a mob (one or two hits is usually enough) you'll get full credit for killing that mob and will get full EXP/loot. It's to prevent killstealing and promote helping people kill stuff.
    Actually it's very counterproductive in a lot of ways because it creates a need to tag everything instead of focusing (you don't even get credit for stuff your group has tagged, you need to damage everything yourself), even in WvW, which is seldomly an optimal strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand this tag thing, seriously ( i ask because i could play naturally and receive a yell i attacked a tagged mob, still with my face )

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    I still don't understand this tag thing, seriously ( i ask because i could play naturally and receive a yell i attacked a tagged mob, still with my face )
    Tagging: Hit a mob, get loot.

People that yell at you because you attacked their mob, don't get it
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-18 at 11:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah? Because someone is attacking a mob i should leave? XD Meh considering the drop is shared separately, i am the " I don't give a damn" one, on DE

This is an other topic about how dumb can be the people online, who still not get GW2 has separate drop for everyone, and noone steal nothing to others.
    And if someone is powning little mobs costantly more than the "Mr. Tag" well, amen Go to fight a silver / gold / elite enemy, you will get your loot 100% and sure (and better), this is the proper answer

And more specifically, noone can pretend to tag a damn, on an MMO
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-18 at 11:31 AM.

Ah? Because someone is attacking a mob i should leave? XD Meh considering the drop is shared separately, i am the " I don't give a damn" one, on DE

This is an other topic about how dumb can be the people online, who still not get GW2 has separate drop for everyone, and noone steal nothing to others.
    And if someone is powning little mobs costantly more than the "Mr. Tag" well, amen Go to fight a silver / gold / elite enemy, you will get your loot 100% and sure (and better), this is the proper answer

And more specifically, noone can pretend to tag a damn, on an MMO
    I think we are having a problem with a language barrier. You seem to misinterpret some things.

and usually it ends up using weapon/builds that can tag the most mobs instead of make a build you could enjoy more, because efficiency is better..I played my guardian with mace/Shield and sword/focus in swap. I liked it very much, I wanted my guardian to be tanky. After some events I ended up with less and less loot. My Armorsmith stayed behind and so I had to go out and grind specific mobs for bloods. I went on Kessex Hills in 2 spots that people swear as the best ones..after 3 hours I managed to get 14 bloods. Then I read on the forums that is best to play with staff cause this way I tag lots of mobs in DE and get lot of bags/materials. I tried it and I don't like it at all. So I stopped playing my Guardian.

With my warrior, Longbow seems a must-have for events as it get me the more loots/xp. Inb4 "play for fun not for loots".
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I think we are having a problem with a language barrier. You seem to misinterpret some things.
    I told you i don't understand the tag thing, and how you make it clear to people around you

I told you i don't understand the tag thing, and how you make it clear to people around you
    Why do you think you need to make it clear to the people around you? I suspect that's where the issue is coming from.

Tagging just means you get credit for the kill. In GW2, this has absolutely nothing to do with what everyone else is doing.

I've had fun trying to 'tag' tons of mobs on my Warrior. If I'm doing a lot of DE's I tend to run Sword/Axe + Longbow, mostly for Whirling Axe and the Longbow AoE. Between burning and bleed with those skills I see TONS of little DoTs ticking away at every enemy in the event, its a lot of fun lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Bronze is 75% of Gold, if I remember right.

As for Mesmers...I never have a problem getting Gold medals in any kind of event, or tapping all the mobs I want in zerg situations. The toolkit is pretty varied, you just have to make sure you're prepared properly.
    Exactly. You can tag entire groups with Chaos Storm (staff #5) which, even with CD, you can use at least once per wave. Also, if you get in melee range, there's the MH sword's melee AoE. Of course, there are others, but that's a good start for most DEs.