Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Oh god it sounds like the mechanics are gonna kill a lot of people.

Towards the end of cat I stopped doing the second half of DS because it just wasn't worth the headache(or repair bills) from people killing all the corruptions, aoeing the blistering tentacles no matter how many times you tell them what to do. Hell at the very end groups were actually wiping on the first half. Also I started running again after the changes to the loot system to see how it worked. I ran 4 chars for the last 2 weeks and didn't see a single drop that was useful for my spec, and 0 tier tokens.

Let's be real here, the mechanics were never the hard part of LFR. The hardest part of LFR was getting 2 tanks that knew what the hell was going on, at least 3 competent healers, and around half of the DPS that could do more DPS than the lowest tank... and people that can follow simple instructions. If you had all that it was a nice smooth run. Low hurdle? perhaps but surprising how many times you couldn't get that group together.

Mechanics where one idiot can wipe the raid, will undoubtedly kill LFR... because I have never seen a single LFR that didn't have at least 1 idiot.(and that is from 12 85s geared in LFR)

If the rewards are as bad as they were under the new loot system in Cat, and my fears about the quality of groups vs. mechanics in MoP hold to be true, I have a feeling I'm going to be skipping LFR on all my chars in MoP. Considering I'm done with heroic dungeons on my main, and justice is useless, it looks like this expack is wearing out fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude485 View Post
    Well hopefully before they enter the instance they will check the 3 bosses for the queue they are in whilst waiting for it to pop so there will be LESS: " STOP FKING DPSING THE AMALG YOU IDIOTS"
    lol, unlikely. I'm not even sure most of em can read.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forwards to LFR having its difficulty upped since DS, especially when the heroics this expansion are laughably easy.

Though that makes me worry if the gap between heroics and LFR seems to have widened since 4.3, now that heroics are jokes and LFRs are harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will there be a roll for a loot from certain boss once a week per player like it was in Cata (a personal roll this time)?
    If yes: will it be possible to get certain loot from a certain boss by running LFR constantly and using Elder Charms of Good Fortune?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khair View Post
    Will there be a roll for a loot from certain boss once a week per player like it was in Cata (a personal roll this time)?
    If yes: will it be possible to get certain loot from a certain boss by running LFR constantly and using Elder Charms of Good Fortune?
    When a boss you have not killed that week dies you have your 1 chance on personal loot and you can use your coin. The game rolls for you, not against any players, just you alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    The game rolls for you, not against any players, just you alone.
    Yes, I know that part, but...

When a boss you have not killed that week dies you have your 1 chance on personal loot and you can use your coin.
    ...what if a boss which I have already killed this week dies? Do I not get a chance at all or can I still use the coin to get another chance?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm aware, no.

Deleted
    Great guide. Quick question, does LFR share a lockout with Normal?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Great guide. Quick question, does LFR share a lockout with Normal?
    No and never has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you can bring 25 friends or guild etc.
    I have a better idea!
    /2 LFM to LFR raid, wisp with normal achievement(at least 3 bosses), iLvl 465+ only or gtfo
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    I have a better idea!
    /2 LFM to LFR raid, wisp with normal achievement(at least 3 bosses), iLvl 465+ only or gtfo
    You could do that yes.

While I am under no delusions, Quite sure this will be a horrific train wreck from the start, There may be some light. There were some mechanics as well in DS LFR that there normal counterparts would wipe the raid ... In LFR it just didnt. I know everyone is concerned primarily with the Arcane Resonance. However I submit that what will prove to work best is for people to just stay spread. Spam heal should cover velocity with reduced damage and no need to subject to fail stacking resonance Nubs. There may be hope .... we just have to look at it like DS LFR. You dont worry about the mechanic that will wipe you .... you completely ignore it as intended :P

I recall some early groups in Warmaster LFR just ignoring all swirls (big and small) just to burn. Worked well for them. Bolt on Madness? Psh... Whatever ... Ignoring should work well. The deaths and wipes will come when people try to do it as intended and fail horribly. LOL should be fun to watch.

So, I just did an LFR run.

You guys remember Zon'ozz LFR? The ball would bounce itself into the boss, so you never had to bother with it? It turned into a patchwerk fight with burst phases.

Every fight in here is like that.

Do whatever you want, you will not die. The boss will die. You will get your loot.

Hey, I'm all for it. Only running it for 2 weeks for a chance at loot anyway.

This guide actually had me worried.

Just did LFR. It was piss easy.

The fights are actually EASIER if you ignore the mechanics.

Free loot for all!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well guess they did over-nerf it so from Beta. However, majority of people who would be in LFR now and geared for it are more experienced WoW players, we'll see how it comes when the rest catch up too. However, if people can get the HP info etc of bosses before I get there please write them here

10+ Year Old Account
    ...what if a boss which I have already killed this week dies? Do I not get a chance at all or can I still use the coin to get another chance?
    Turns out it actually works like this. I could use the coins on my second LFR run yesterday. Got gold only, but the rolls were there, so I guess farming certain item from a boss when you have enough coins to do it is possible after all.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out it actually works like this. I could use the coins on my second LFR run yesterday. Got gold only, but the rolls were there, so I guess farming certain item from a boss when you have enough coins to do it is possible after all.
    Whether it's intended or not I'm not sure due to they hotfixed Sha of Anger to stop multiple.

I did mogushan vaults LFR yesterday 2 times,
    it looked too easy, there was none communication necessary in the raid,
    and still group 1 shotted all three bosses.

on stone guards tanks ignored tactics - after initial proper taunt, they tanked all 3 bosses next to each other,
    healers healed through overloads, maybe 1 player died from shit on the ground.
    on Feng healers just healed through, couple deaths at the end of the fight,
    on Garajal people have been ignoring spirit totems mostly and still group was able to down the boss, with healers healing through it, with only couple players doing more than 50 k dps. at 20% of the boss, 1/4 players were dead and group was still able to kill it.

2 times - 2 different groups, 1 shot bosses, - I say LFR is too easy.

make it harder, Blizzard!!! pls

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:44 PM ----------

[CENTER]LOOKING FOR RAID
    COMPILATION & FAQ

4 - LFR Encounters in MoP - The changes:

LFR has changed with the coming of MoP. During it's inception LFR was regarded as a "bland experience which trivializes the raiding experience". Blizzard has taken note of this and has made the new LFR a more appropriate experience which will require more co-ordination from it's origins in Dragon Soul. Players should be prepared entering the raids with the use of the Dungeon Journal and the information found on our very own MMO-champion, with videos included. I can thankfully say that LFR in MoP is no longer a loot piñata as that of Dragon Soul, encounters will get easier as time goes on with gear upgrades, community knowledge and possibly tuning. The quality of raids are improving and I out-lined many of the changes below.

Some differences (the following remains true from a beta perspective):
    - Encounters are a lot longer than Dragon Soul LFR encounters.
    - Teamwork and communication is needed. On some encounters more so than others.
    - Some abilities will wreck you.
    - There can be a lot of individual awareness involved in certain encounters that can make or break your raid.
    - Many mechanics cannot be ignored (some still can however).
    - The use of CC is required for some encounters.
    - Some encounters can be tough on healers and healer's mana. Beware of not screwing up so they won't waste even more mana.
    - Tanks will have their work cut out for them on a few key encounters. They must manage their defensive cds more efficiently.
    - There are enrage timers on many bosses so the DPS must be good (no more extreme slacking).

I encourage people to stop leaving a raid just because you wiped. If you don't have time to join LFR, you should not join in the first place. The first days of a new queue in LFR will be extremely demanding as only a few people may have experience from beta.

Lastly, I recommend boss mods such as Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs, to make things a bit easier, downloading from the Curse Client is quick and simple.
    almost all of it proved to be not true, like I said in a post before - mechanics 90% ignored, average LFR group (people stood in shit) took about 35 minutes to 1 shot 3 bosses, top DPS were doing about 55 k DPS
    Last edited by mikoslav; 2012-10-11 at 10:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    I did mogushan vaults LFR yesterday 2 times,
    it looked too easy, there was none communication necessary in the raid,
    and still group 1 shotted all three bosses.

on stone guards tanks ignored tactics - after initial proper taunt, they tanked all 3 bosses next to each other,
    healers healed through overloads, maybe 1 player died from shit on the ground.
    on Feng healers just healed through, couple deaths at the end of the fight,
    on Garajal people have been ignoring spirit totems mostly and still group was able to down the boss, with healers healing through it, with only couple players doing more than 50 k dps. at 20% of the boss, 1/4 players were dead and group was still able to kill it.

2 times - 2 different groups, 1 shot bosses, - I say LFR is too easy.

make it harder, Blizzard!!! pls

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:44 PM ----------

almost all of it proved to be not true, like I said in a post before - mechanics 90% ignored, average LFR group (people stood in shit) took about 35 minutes to 1 shot 3 bosses, top DPS were doing about 55 k DPS
    +1

It is even easier when heroics! Done all 3 fight with 1 tank. Only tactics used were running away with shit from raid on seconds and tank killing mobster on third. It's like doing old content
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

I don think is works this way.
    on my 2nd run in LFR I got extra roll question after killing the boss, I decided to use it
    and I got gold icon, and then comment that I am not eligible for it. I am quite sure I did not get the gold from this extra roll although it used 1 of my charms.
    would be good if someone made this issue clear, cos so far I think I wasted my charm. I am not sure though.