Transfer to any world free - for the moment

Quoted from the movie The Matrix "More important than what is when"

This post is about letting everyone know that you can transfer to any US world in Guild Wars 2. But the time to do it is the most important thing to know. It's on Sunday evening after 7:00pm Pacific Standard Time. It's probably good until about 10:00pm Pacific Standard Time. This means NOW is the time to do your transfer if you want to get to a world that is normally FULL.

Any other time and some worlds are FULL, you can't transfer to FULL worlds as noted in the list. At the bottom left of your character select screen is a button with the label "World Selection". Press that button and you can do your account transfer to any world in the list at this moment in time. HIGH worlds can be transferred to, but FULL worlds cannot.

Keep in mind that if you want to do World PvP, it's not a good idea to be on a world that is FULL most of the time because the queue time to get into the battle will be longer than for a MEDIUM world. However if you want to be on a world with your friends and you can't do your transfer, wait until the evening on Sunday when most players are not online. Having said that, there is no cost at the moment to do a world selection transfer. But ArenaNet will soon be applying a cost to that option.

It goes without saying here because of other posts in this message forum that most Oceanic players are playing on US worlds. This is the primary reason why Sunday evening after 7pm is the ideal time to transfer because there are much less players online until the Oceanic peak times start to come in.
    Last edited by Prepared; 2012-09-17 at 03:03 AM.

I'm not sure why you're posting this, it's well known since the game went live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared View Post
    This post is about letting everyone know that you can transfer to any US world in Guild Wars 2.
    Since you are way behind the curve, I think I should probably also mention that you can also transfer to an EU server by using the drop-down menu on the top right corner of the server selection screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course Oceanics are playing on US Worlds.
    WE DON'T HAVE OUR OWN.
    Herp.

And this is really unnecessary. We already know.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can the US players leave the less-than-a-handful of servers the Oceanic players picked?

Kthx.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Oceanic servers are popular for WvW players because of "night capping".

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I'm not sure why you're posting this, it's well known since the game went live.
    hit the nail in the head.
    thanks for posting though. might be useful for noobs.

And half of Canada plays on EU (FR) servers... :X.

slightly OT:

Are all servers located in the US?
    Playing in Germany on an English server, I experience rather high latency (~250ms) and pretty annoying lagspikes from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    slightly OT:

Are all servers located in the US?
    Playing in Germany on an English server, I experience rather high latency (~250ms) and pretty annoying lagspikes from time to time.
    All EU servers are located in germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
    Oceanic servers are popular for WvW players because of "night capping".
    That's nice, go consolidate all the US night owls on their own server.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    All EU servers are located in germany.
    That's odd. Switching the ingame clock to server time leads me to US west coast (atm 12:13 local, 03:13 server).