When will SWTOR become F2P for players who bought the game?

I know I can just create a new account but I don't want to do that after I fkn paid for the damn game.

Pretty stupid, people who didn't pay for the game can play it, but people who did like me can't even get past the login screen (sorry brah gotta pay) The fuck would I pay when people are playing for free one new accounts?

The thing is - my account I paid for..has NOTHING on it...I logged in and got bored pretty damn fast, got a level 10 or so thats it - it isn't like I've got some super awesome character to go back to that makes it worth me paying a sub.

Deleted
    No one can play for free at the moment. Only trial accounts up to level 15 or something, like in WoW. I've heard they were planning to go F2P in November but it's not confirmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Veysa View Post
    No one can play for free at the moment. Only trial accounts up to level 15 or something, like in WoW. I've heard they were planning to go F2P in November but it's not confirmed yet.
    At least they can log in. I can't even do that lol. Thanks bioware, appreciate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    At least they can log in. I can't even do that lol. Thanks bioware, appreciate it.
    Well, you can always create a trial account and play. It works the same way in WoW. You can't play for free below level 20 if you don't have an active account unless you create a new one.

the f2p system is not yet active

right now and has not been communicated then this will be the case. only the very limited trial accounts can play for free at the moment. thats a usual system in MMOs. I dont know what you expect from bioware, I cant log in to my inactice wow account either. I would have to create a trial account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea i hear what your saying. I know in rift you can log into your account and play any character 20 or below. But i feel with FTP going live in two months, its almost pointless at this time to fix it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know I can just create a new account but I don't want to do that after I fkn paid for the damn game.

Pretty stupid, people who didn't pay for the game can play it, but people who did like me can't even get past the login screen (sorry brah gotta pay) The fuck would I pay when people are playing for free one new accounts?

The thing is - my account I paid for..has NOTHING on it...I logged in and got bored pretty damn fast, got a level 10 or so thats it - it isn't like I've got some super awesome character to go back to that makes it worth me paying a sub.
    Well if you actually bought the game, it came with a month's free subscription. This month entitled you to full access to the game, including earning cartel coins for the future cash shop. You didn't lose anything by buying it. You got lots of free things. If you chose to waste your month and only get one character to level 10, that is your problem.

It also only takes a couple of hours to get to level 10. If you really want to play but insist you don't want any money, I would suggest starting a trial account and playing to 15 on any characters you choose. You can then decide to keep those characters and account when it goes F2P. You have multiple options, all of which have or will provide you with more value than the amount of money you have paid.

sounds to me like your tryong to logg into the game (that your curently not paying for) expecting to have acess to your lvl.10 toon (why you quit before even getting to anything interesting is beyond me but to each there own).

as others have said free to play wont go live until november sometime the only free* at this time is a trial account just like any other mmo on the market. You still currently have to pay for the game to play it.

and because you were expecting the game to be free already and didn't read everything properly that's biowares fault?

Quote Originally Posted by wownerd View Post
    sounds to me like your tryong to logg into the game (that your curently not paying for) expecting to have acess to your lvl.10 toon (why you quit before even getting to anything interesting is beyond me but to each there own).

as others have said free to play wont go live until november sometime the only free* at this time is a trial account just like any other mmo on the market. You still currently have to pay for the game to play it.

and because you were expecting the game to be free already and didn't read everything properly that's biowares fault?
    It's a legitimate complaint that previously paid accounts don't have access to the free trial portion that people (like myself) who never had the game have access to. Rift allows you to access your account even if you're not a subscriber, but limits you to only playing characters level 20 or below, just like other trial accounts.

I don't think this is super important given the impending freemium transition, but it would have been a nice gesture towards older players who wanted to put a few characters to level 20 in prep for the transition in (supposedly) November.