Deleted

Lego AND Mega Blocks?

So, I always loved Lego. I live in Denmark where Lego was invented. Even now as an adult I still love Lego

So today, for the first time, I hear about Mega Blocks. Seems they got some pretty awesome things, like the Warcraft sets.
    But, all I can seem to find on youtube is Lego vs. Mega Blocks, what is best battles.
    What I really wanna know is, does Lego and Megablocks work well together? Can I make a huge pile of mixed blocks from each company, and build something out of it? Or do they differ in size? Don't they attatch to eachother very well? Whats the deal here?

Any thoughts would be appriated

Deleted
    Doubt you can mix them, seems like Mega Blocks are bigger than Lego's.
    I love Lego myself, i find it relaxing to build some set when ive had alot of stuff to do at work ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    They're partially mixable, yes. However, I've found Mega Bloks (yes, no C), to be made of inferior plastic, to not fit as well, and to even have left-over plastic resin on the edges that has to be cut off. Also, they seem to be more dumbed-down than Lego when it comes to building a set of something.

The Warcraft characters that come with Mega Blocks are infinitely cooler-looking than Lego people however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The Warcraft characters that come with Mega Blocks are infinitely cooler-looking than Lego people however.
    They're more "real", that's true, but one of the great things about Lego is making characters that have the Lego-esque look. It's distinctive and recognizable.

I know back 6 years ago when I was buying alot of legos and Mega Blocks they were pretty much interchangeable. Then Mega Blocks were a hell of alot cheaper then Legos.

Not sure about Mega Bloks (never heard about it), but you can mix Lego with Kre-o. But I don't know if they offer simple blocks, I only know their Transformers stuff
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    As lego purist i refuse to say a good word about mega-blocks. As darsithis said the plastic quality is game breaker here.

I remember getting some Mega Blok stuff for ridiculously cheap prices compared to what Lego would have sold things for, but you get what you pay for. While the Mega Blok stuff was huge and awesome looking, the blocks themselves were incredibly cheap. This ~2 foot long battleship only cost $20 at Target. Lego would probably charge >$100 for something like that.

Deleted
    I refuse to acknowledge the existence of Mega Bloks. Long live Lego!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mega Bloks are slightly larger than Lego, but they're close enough you can often fudge the issue(I think they're something like half a millimeter larger).

Personally I buy them because their quality is just as good, their skill is often higher(relying on traditional bricks as opposed to pre-molded parts) and their price is WAY cheaper.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    As lego purist i refuse to say a good word about mega-blocks. As darsithis said the plastic quality is game breaker here.
    I'm with you, lego is the only thing atleast i buy

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, now I have to go to my parents and find my boxes of legos...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Lego is designed with most pieces being generic enough to be used for many models except where its simply not possible.
    Megablocks are largely custom pieces for each of those models, and the two are not designed to be interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

Well, it's not really a 'classic' lego figure, but they do look very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lego, Kre-o, and Mega Bloks ARE compatible with each other. The main issue being Kre-o and Mega Bloks are made with inferior plastic compared to Lego, and as such they don't hold together very well with Lego. But as far as dimensions, etc, they are basically identical for all intents and purposes.

I buy legos not necessarily for the sets, but for the pieces IN the sets. I have boxes and boxes of legos that I've collected since the early 80s. I'm sure if I had the instructions and put some of the older sets together, they'd be worth some money. However, they're all just in jumbled messes that I use for making stuff.

Mega Bloks on the other hand, I buy specifically for the sets. I have several of the Halo sets, and will soon be getting the Warcraft ones. I actually superglue the pieces together because they DO have a tendency to fall apart or not hold very well. As most of the pieces are tailor made for the sets they came in, it's not really practical to hold onto them for use in building random things like legos are.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2012-09-18 at 05:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.