Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cross-realm bots

Of all the crappy things you have to put up with gathering (mostly bots, from your own freaking realm prior to the travesty that is CRZ) bots from another, more populated realm then yours are by far the worst. "Just report them!" is not really an option as you see them botting herbs for five hours straight as you level, the same damn people.

CRZ was supposed to make the world feel more populated? The only place I see people from off realm is in cities, at questing hubs, and now bots farming herbs on my pathetically AH'ed server. Good luck levelling a profession buying off the ah, you have to farm everything yourself here. Now bots from full/medium even realms are here on my realm, botting the shit out of our herbs and ore!

Topic has been beaten to death. CRZ is not meant to improve your gameplay, it's meant to save Blizzard money by letting them shard zones and thus reduce architecture.

Honestly, since Blizzard doesn't seem to be punishing botters I'd say if you can't beat them, join them.

blizz is not crazy to ban ppl right before they buy MoP.

Let the botters buy the upgrade to MOP and then, Boom. Ban wave. Its genius.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Not really as most that upgrade do so with stolen credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
    Not really as most that upgrade do so with stolen credit cards.

That's a very general assumption. Not all people who bot on wow are thieves who use stolen cards.

and after all the bots are gone we can then complain that mats are so dam expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Pooutine View Post
    and after all the bots are gone we can then complain that mats are so dam expensive
    Maybe realms with ah's the mat price will go up. My server will stay the same. AKA, nothing on it, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PotterHarry View Post
    Of all the crappy things you have to put up with gathering (mostly bots, from your own freaking realm prior to the travesty that is CRZ) bots from another, more populated realm then yours are by far the worst. "Just report them!" is not really an option as you see them botting herbs for five hours straight as you level, the same damn people.

CRZ was supposed to make the world feel more populated? The only place I see people from off realm is in cities, at questing hubs, and now bots farming herbs on my pathetically AH'ed server. Good luck levelling a profession buying off the ah, you have to farm everything yourself here. Now bots from full/medium even realms are here on my realm, botting the shit out of our herbs and ore!
    I know when I'm out farming, 5 hours will just about be my max. There are times though when I go over that, so seeing someone there doesn't always mean it's a bot.

I have seen people herbing for over 5 hours, they are not always bots. Especially Whiptail in Uldum where the path is simple to fly while talking on Vent.

Some people just have a higher tolerance for the monotony of farming, i don't but some do.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Digital Purchase -> Chargeback

Worked for GW2 when people got banned, will work for MoP. So pointless, not genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Topic has been beaten to death. CRZ is not meant to improve your gameplay, it's meant to save Blizzard money by letting them shard zones and thus reduce architecture.

Honestly, since Blizzard doesn't seem to be punishing botters I'd say if you can't beat them, join them.
    Stop spouting this nonsense, it's pure conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    blizz is not crazy to ban ppl right before they buy MoP.
    So I imagined all those DKs getting banned? Ok then.

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blooze View Post
    That's a very general assumption. Not all people who bot on wow are thieves who use stolen cards.
    But the vast majority are. Sorry but that is the reality of it and why Blizzard doesn't bother doing ban waves until they are able to break the programs they are using. I'm sure the regular players who bot do get individual bans but they are in the minority of those who bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    I know when I'm out farming, 5 hours will just about be my max. There are times though when I go over that, so seeing someone there doesn't always mean it's a bot.
    True.

In EQ2 I could clear cut for 6hrs straight, especially if there's a rare bonanza. Would come back with full bags (each mat slot there stacks to 200, not 20) and over 40 rares (20 stack of Feysteel sells for over 140,000g in WoW). Never had a want for money in that game, and I had a huge 20,000 x 200 unique harvest depot to put it all in, too.

WoW has little use for mats in truth. In EQ2 mats are used to level guilds and make things for homes (even have a profession, carpentry, for that purpose). A guild could go through 10,000 roots in a week alone.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Stop spouting this nonsense, it's pure conjecture.
    Tell me a single reason how does CRZ help the game? Especially the one which has basically no group quests?

It only hurts players, especially legit players, who don't bot, don't autoclick, whatever.

From technical point of view, however, it is obvious that keeping 1 zone active costs less than keeping 10 zones active. Thus assumptions are quite logical and most likely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Theres a difference in not improving gameplay and making it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I reported bots for about 5 years, and none of them ever go away. I figured, well second account isn't much, if you cant beat em, join em. It was the only way to compete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Tell me a single reason how does CRZ help the game? Especially the one which has basically no group quests?

It only hurts players, especially legit players, who don't bot, don't autoclick, whatever.

From technical point of view, however, it is obvious that keeping 1 zone active costs less than keeping 10 zones active. Thus assumptions are quite logical and most likely true.
    Nagrand is now a CRZ....farming for your mount is now made 1,000x easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    I have seen people herbing for over 5 hours, they are not always bots. Especially Whiptail in Uldum where the path is simple to fly while talking on Vent.

Some people just have a higher tolerance for the monotony of farming, i don't but some do.
    These are bots. You can easily tell a bot from a legit farmer...good god. If you take a herb right out from under them, they stand there and spin in circles til they remount, as it messes something up. They do the same exact thing at every node, let mobs beat the hell out of them while trying to get it, then turning and slowly killing them (even as 85s with good gear, they use 1-2 abilities at most)

There are other ways to. Trust me, I know a bot when I see one, i levelled my priest from 80-85 farming herbs and ore only, 100% legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post

It's an MMO, y'know, where your better experiences generally come from interacting with others. Making the world seem full adds to gameplay, it doesn;t detract from it.

At the root of an MMO is competition for resources, if wow lacked that before then it was a failing, one that CRZ's should fix. The "gosh it makes my farming rare pets / herbs / ore harder" is very very "me" centric.