Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Secant View Post
    Hey Guys - COMPLETE fps noob here so sorry if these are stupid questions

1) Best system to play an FPS such as this on? I have a ps3 (that I havent used in years), or my hardcore gaming PC (that is total overkill for the stuff I play lol)
    2) If I were to play it on PC, is there a way to play with two people off the system (like if I plugged in controllers and hooked the PC up to my TV).
    3) Is this game compatable between systems (i.e. if I get ps3 version, but my friends get on PC, can we play together)?

Thanks for the help (:
    1. PC, any FPS is best played with keyboard + mouse.

2. There's LAN mode, but you can't both play on the same game in a split screen sort of manner if that's what you were getting at.

3. Not currently, they say they're looking into it but it's very tricky.

I don't like the new classes. Maybe I was just expecting them to play like before.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Only the "commander" and "siren" are kinda like before...

It's fun, like the first... the comedy is better ... but I'm having trouble getting in full games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    I've been playing near non-stop since release at midnight (except to sleep) and I have to say its a very great game. Animations are smooth, gameplay is fun, characters are so interesting and entertaining, and I'm having a good time playing it. There are some things that I've been having troubles with.

A) Loot seems to be pretty bad (at least up until the point I'm at, level 18). By this I mean the quest rewards and drops are just useless. I've been using the same assault rifle since level 5 because nothing has been better so far (and I stomp over every enemy, have had no trouble with any quest so far... at all...). Perhaps this changes later but I feel like in BL1 I was swapping out weapons every 15 minutes. Minor complaint.
    I feel the exact same way, the guns are so bad compared to BL1. Every gun is a trade off between 2 stats like I said earlier in the thread. It might upgrade the damage but then it reduces fire speed or the other way around. So I really don't feel like I'm getting any stronger through weapons, only levels make a difference.

B) Multiplayer is buggy almost to the point of not being playable. Random lag spikes on a solid connection, enemies appearing for one player but not the others, inventory bugging out completely and being unable to equip/select/drop items unless you dc/reconnect, environment issues - specifically related to jumping as most environment objects cause your character to freak out when jumping on things (hard to explain), one player not entering loading screen when traveling which causes never ending loading for the other players, and this really strange framerate issue that happens when playing multiplayer that doesn't happen at all in singleplayer. I played with a friend for about 14 hours so far (a few hours with a full group of 4 as well) and just a bit ago we gave up and went to singleplayer because of the amount of bugs and issues.
    I never had any problems with multiplayer other than the jumping on some objects make your character start shaking rapidly, but that corrects itself when you move your character. I was playing with a full group of 4.

However, I did feel like not enough weapons and ammo were dropping. We kept having to run back to town and buy ammo. The weapons were so scarce that up until about level 6 I was still using the starting pistol. I think 2 people in my group got shotguns. And in multiplayer the enemies get such a health boost that its nearly impossible to kill anything on your own (I.E. Your whole group has to focus fire for each enemy). I played on my own a little yesterday and today and I actually got weapons (they weren't very good, but at least I was getting them).

C) Not really an issue, but the game has the fallout: New Vegas feel to me. Basically, it feels like it could have been a huge dlc pack, meaning that its the exact same game but with ui improvements and a new story. There really isn't anything new or innovative, or at least to me. Its not a bad thing, BL1 was a great game, but I was kind of hoping for something new and exciting in the gameplay.
    I'm only level 14 but I think I have to agree with this. It does feel like a giant patch/expansion for BL1.

D) One thing I was kind of hoping for this time around was some way to customize your weapon. Perhaps this exists at a later level than I've reached but I haven't heard anything about it. For instance, I'd like to make an assault rifle with Corrosive damage, burst fire, and a very short scope on it, but unless a weapon like this drops for me and has this criteria, I will never see it. Would be a nice feature. Something that would be expensive or hard to be able to do, not something you can do for every gun you come across.
    I would LOVE to see weapon customization like that. I haven't looked into any of the end game because I want it all to be a surprise, if weapon customization is added I will be sooo happy. With all of the different possible stats available for weapons I think this is almost needed.

E) Travel in some areas gets redundant. Its not game breaking terrible, but there were a few quests that were of my level that sent me back to starter zones where no vehicles were available and there were no fast travel options, meaning I had to run for 10 minutes through level 3-5 mobs when I was at least 14 or 15 I want to say. It was annoying to have to trek all that way through mobs that I one shot and give 1xp. Not a big deal though.
    Yeah I noticed that too, and some of the places are so big that running through it again with all of the low level enemies re-spawned feels long and tedious. but I can deal with it, hopefully it doesn't happen too often.

The game is great so far and I'm really looking forward to more. I really wish the bugs in multiplayer could be addressed because to me the game begs to be played with a full group of 4 but until then I'll be going back to solo. I always stream while I'm playing as well so if you're interested in watching my Commando play through send me a pm and I'll give you the link

I wish more quests could be tracked at the same time. I ended up running through an entire area doing 1 quest later to find out I had to go back and do the entire thing over for another quest that I had the whole time.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-09-19 at 04:49 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

1) Best system to play an FPS such as this on? I have a ps3 (that I havent used in years), or my hardcore gaming PC (that is total overkill for the stuff I play lol)
    2) If I were to play it on PC, is there a way to play with two people off the system (like if I plugged in controllers and hooked the PC up to my TV).
    3) Is this game compatable between systems (i.e. if I get ps3 version, but my friends get on PC, can we play together)?

Thanks for the help (:
    1) If your PC is powerful, definitely your PC. It allows greater customization in the future, and the mouse is much more precise than your thumb.
    2) Nope, no PC split screen, but LAN works, and online play works.
    3) No, that's a technological hurdle I guess. I think it has to do with the networks that consoles use.

Yet BL1 seemed to be more popular on console, but I don't know why. I watched a few videos, including speed runs of it, and they were made on console and watching people try to aim made me want to gouge my eyes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best mission so far: the name game

I wish they kept the name "bonerfarts" for the rest of the game
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    I'm not saying its a bad thing, just slightly disappointing for me. New gun skins, enemy skins, and vehicle skins are nice but its not something I would call fresh and exciting, you know what I mean? When you're anticipating a sequel to a well received game with a much bigger budget and following, you're not saying to yourself "I can't wait for new weapon skins!". And to be honest, the game re-uses enemy skins everywhere, just with updated graphics.

My point was more of a I was hoping for a new class type, the 4 classes are great but they are essentially the same ones from BL1. Luckily, the first DLC will have a new class that I am anticipating. I love this game, but its still the same concept and gameplay of the first one but with prettier menu's and more attention to detail. When something isn't broken, don't fix it, but I was hoping for a little innovation. Like my above post said, I was hoping for weapon customization, that would have been spectacular in this game. I would love to create a weapon that suits my exact play style.

What about more than 1 option for your class skill? I love my turret but what if I had to make hard decisions between the trusty ol turret and say a healing turret that gave my party 10% life regen a second on a similar cooldown? Or a small little rolling tank that does less damage than the turret, but can move and follow you for its duration? I think the skill tree's are good, but they are all passive. I would have loved to have seen options for your active skill that you had to weigh based on the fight ahead of you.

BL2 follows the exact formula of BL1. In this case that is okay because BL1 was a great game, but I feel that it wouldn't have hurt for Gearbox to take some risks and come up with features that we haven't seen in this franchise.
    It's a sequel, not a new franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post

That mission (as well as pretty much all the bad guys lines so far) reminded me of why I liked the first game so much. The writing for this game is amazing.

redit: Also, YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR APPEARANCE OMFG! I don't care if I can only see my character at the main menu screen and when I open the in-game inventory/map ect. but being able to collect new looks and change appearance? AMAZEBALLS! I like playing dress up.

I loved that. But on multiplayer: if someone did that reboot after the .NET repair, could it prevent someone from joining friends? I can't join one friend, and vice versa, but another friend can join us both.

Is anyone here playing healing Siren? If so, what weapon loadout have you been using?
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account

Me and my brother were like... why did we complete this mission, we should've just kept it bonerfart. Lol.

Absolutely love the dialogues, just funny as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post

I'm only level 14 but I think I have to agree with this. It does feel like a giant patch/expansion for BL1.

I agree..and I am happy it is that way. When I love a game I usually want the sequel to bring more of the same with minor tweaks. Enemy types and AI have been tweaked...character appearance customization has been tweaked (both tweaks much for the better). I have only played Zer0 so far but am very happy with the class and game.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    It's a sequel, not a new franchise.
    Did you even read my post? Every example I listed would be perfect for a sequel, not a new franchise?

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really play the first one; too much time in between playing. Is there a go-to site filled with discussion and character builds (much like mmo-champ)? I'm having a lot of fun with Zer0, but I feel my build may be severely lacking as my friends seem to be carrying me pretty hard... I feel like I'm playing a support role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    I didn't really play the first one; too much time in between playing. Is there a go-to site filled with discussion and character builds (much like mmo-champ)? I'm having a lot of fun with Zer0, but I feel my build may be severely lacking as my friends seem to be carrying me pretty hard... I feel like I'm playing a support role.
    You can possibly mess around with your spec. Usually the damage outputs are the ones i get first. Reload speed, accuracy etc.
    Your quick change vendor has the respec. Should be a borderlands wiki.

Any tricks to getting multiplayer to work? I joined my friends game 3 times and it times out everytime, i invite them and it does the same. They try it and same result.

Is there something more to it than clicking join/invite?

15+ Year Old Account
    Really liking the game so far, and just like the first one, the siren is alright at first, then just over powered as hell throughout the rest of the game. Love suspending bosses in the air and just getting critical headshots on them with an smg/assault rifle while their minions on burning alive due to a talent spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Really liking the game so far, and just like the first one, the siren is alright at first, then just over powered as hell throughout the rest of the game. Love suspending bosses in the air and just getting critical headshots on them with an smg/assault rifle while their minions on burning alive due to a talent spec.
    I absolutely could not believe that works on bosses, haha. If I wasn't duo'ing with a siren, I'd probably be pretty butthurt over the OP'ness of the skill. Kidding obviously, I could care less when I got the Mrs deployable on command! (What Axton calls the turret in game )
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

From what I've played so far, it is pretty much Borderlands 1. The combat is the same, the vehicles the same, and the classes are somewhat similar as well. Still the combat is a blast in 4-player co-op, challenging too, well from what I've seen of lower levels thus far.

If you're interested we've started posting our 4-player play through on youtube, just one video up so far but more on the way. I also highly recommend everyone plays this game multiplayer, it seems like it would be so lacking solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgzkLJX3hoU&feature=plcp

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWveKl53RUc
    Last edited by Syroa; 2012-09-21 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the help (:
    1) I'd say pc(better graphics)
    2) no unfortunately
    3) no unfortunately

If you're looking to do couch co-op, the ps3 version would be the better choice, but if your buddy has a good enough pc as well, both of ya should get it for pc. Even if you can't get used to the kb+m if you're not much of a pc gamer for fps, you can plug a controller in and use that!

To everyone saying it's like BL1, is that really such a bad thing? You know it's going to be good and there's not going to be any awkward differences that happens in a lot of sequels that makes the original waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Makes you wonder how Gearbox can pull out such a A+++ quality game like this....and fuck up Duke Nukem so bad.

Playing through Borderlands 2 really makes you wonder what they were doing in development for Duke Nukem Forever....